“Great little Italian restaurant in Balham” 5 of 5 stars

96 Bedford Hill | Balham, London SW12 0HQ, England
020 8772 0701
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Caminata is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,579 of 17,879 Restaurants in London
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Lunch, Delivery, Late Night
Dining options: Lunch, Delivery, Late Night
London, United Kingdom
“Great little Italian restaurant in Balham”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2014

I've eaten at Caminata in Balham a few times. It's a cosy little restaurant so great for a relaxing meal or a date. That said, we did have a friends birthday and booked a table for around 10 people last year and they looked after us really nicely.

The food always tastes great, especially a fresh pizza delivered straight from the huge oven.

I'll be back here again.

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Excellent Value!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

Having lived in Balham for 2 years, I had somehow missed this gem of a restaurant! I turned up on a friday night and managed to get a table for 2. The service was friendly and the restaurant is very cosy. We had the house white wine, a starter and two mains. The antipasto starter was particularly good! I will definitely be going back to this restaurant especially as you are able to use a taste card!

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
London
“Best in Balham”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

Great food at reasonable prices. I have been there on a number of occasions and always had a great meal. The pizzas are fantastic and i would recommend them over pizza express and Franco Manca (which I love as well). For lunchtime and early evening it is good for families but I would ask for one the tables by the entrance as there is more room.

They also made my sons pizza in the shape of a fish which was a nice touch from the staff all of whom were very friendly.

• Visited April 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“Greatest pizza in Balham ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

Chef is brilliant and makes the best pizzas in Balham. Service is lovely and understated. We are never disappointed with what we get from here whether it is a quick pizza take away like tonight or a proper sit down with friends. Keep up the good work.

“Buonissimo!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

A colleague and I visited Caminata recently for a business meeting for dinner.

Immediately we were impressed with the cosy environment with classy decor, and some great artwork (for sale too) on the walls.

We were greeted by a very friendly Ellie who talked us through some of her recommendations from the menu. We had squid and arancini to start with, both cooked to perfection. Then for main course we had a veal escalope and a seafood pasta dish. We were really pleased with our choices: great flavours, hearty portions, and the texture of the veal was spot on.
We initially declined dessert... but were convinced to try the tiramisu... and did not regret that! Wow - absolutely divine!

Caminata is a real gem in Balham and I look forward to my next visit.

• Visited January 2014