“Friendly staff, nice atmosphere, reasonable food” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mediterranean, Turkish
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Transit: Liverpool Tube Station. Aldgate Tube Station.
London, United Kingdom
“Friendly staff, nice atmosphere, reasonable food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

I went here after work with a business associate. We went for the fixed price menu which included a glass of sparkling wine. Overall it was excellent value.

The service was very good and friendly - it was a Monday night so very quiet and maybe that helped. The staff recommended the set menu which surprised me as it was the cheapest. It was a good choice though.

The food was plentiful and very Turkish. I generally am not a great fan of Turkish food (I fly on Turkish airlines too often!) but I really enjoyed most of the plates which were brought to the table. I didn't eat everything and some dishes were more to my taste than others but overall I very much enjoyed it.

I will certainly go back although probably not for a few months.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Norwich, United Kingdom
“Great night out!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

We had been recommended Fora restaurant by a friend (we booked through top table) we wanted somewhere within easy walking distance of our hotel in Grace Church Street.
The staff were lovely, the food delicious (excellent value too – lots of courses!) The whole place had a great atmosphere -there was a Belly dancer on (Saturday night) who was brilliant, the place was buzzing. It was a Fab night out & highly recommended. We will definitely go again

London, United Kingdom
“excellent experiences with Fora”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

visited Fora with friends last night. the atmosphere was very romantic. there is a live music (classic guitar player). excellent service. We ordered food from their set menu. lots of choice. quality food with good quantity. I had lamb skewer, the meat full of taste and juicy, very succulent. the starter was too good. I especially like the couscous with nuts.

• Visited May 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Fifth visit and every time great service and excellent value!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

Having visited 5 times and had 5 great meals, I felt the need to write this review!

I've only dined here at weekends having either the weekend set menu or the ottoman feast. Both are superb value, with more than generous portions!

We've taken people who haven't eaten Turkish food before, and it's a good way for them to taste lots of variety without having to choose. The cold and hot meze starter is quite large (in a good way!) and it's all veggie, so perfect to share, there's something for everyone.

Belly dancing wouldn't usually be my thing, but the belly dancer they have is very good (and not too pushy if you don't want to dance) and sets a great atmosphere. Great entertainment watching people getting up! It also isn't on too long, so doesn't interfere with your dining.

Every time I've visited the whole experience has been consistently good. The service is particularly good. The staff are very attentive and courteous, and have been every visit. Good service really does make the difference no matter how good the food is.

I will look forward to visiting again!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Haywards Heath, England, United Kingdom
“Lunch at Fora”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I have been here a few times and will always go back.
Friendly greeting at the door where they remembered my name from the first time.
Menu is Turkish and would recommend the soup starter and meat moussaka main.
Reasonable pricing and a shade better than Haz restaurants as better ambience and varied food choice.
Apparently they do belly dancing in the evenings which I have not sampled.
Recommended.