- I stayed in Building 1 (of 3), and had a spacious room (high ceiling too) with 8 bunks
- The cleaning of the bathrooms: bleach washdown daily
- Was there for a month and had no bedbugs (welcome surprise in these places)
- Laundromat...even though the Tumble Dryer should take a wide range of coins as sometimes the 20p's aren't accepted...
- Generally friendly staff
- Around the corner and down the road from Earls Court Tube Station.
- Walk to Easybus pickup / drop off point to Gatwick Airport
- Near Museum of Natural History, Science Museum, etc.
- No Lockers: first place like this I've stayed that had no lockup capability. They still haven't figured out that there are people that aren't capable of keeping their hands to themselves. Had the following items nicked: new coffee mug, shower gel, and even my breakfast for the next day! Heard fresh complaints of pilfering from various people.
- Had a sealed pack of bagels chewed into by mice...my fault really...had left it on top of my luggage, and the next morning there was a shredded mess all around. I resorted to placing my bread together with the cheese in the fridge in the room, and someone then nicked my grub from there. Don't think food and drinks should be allowed in rooms (some places prohibit this), especially when you have rodent and other pests problem.
- Last two weeks (of a month's stay) my bed linen wasn't changed.
- My room probably hadn't seen a proper clean in years. There was a strong foul odour in the air that didn't vanish with airing the room...carpet needed cleaning / replacing. I threw out a bag containing a bottle that someone had placed on top of a wardrobe apparently before Christmas the year before (I asked the 'lifers' who it belonged to). Said bottle fell over, and whatever was inside fermented, forced the seal, and leaked out, causing a toxic mess that added further to the stench in the room.
- In the mornings they exceptionally supply breakfast to groups, you can forget about breakfast as the kitchen and common room are completely taken over by a crowd. They have (quite useless) kitchenettes elsewhere in the building, but no other place really where you can sit for a meal.
- I'm not a smoker, but can appreciate that they have a reserved space. Not so the case here...no smoking in the building...or outside (they won't allow you to use a small open patio next to the kitchen), you cannot smoke on the steps of the hostel, and the coppers won't let you smoke on the pavement.
- No double glazing...and sometimes the cold bites in the common room (heaters are there, but don't work) and you can feel the cold coming in from the storey high windows.
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.