We booked this hotel because of its convenient location. The staff are all lovely people and try very hard to keep the customer happy. They get full marks for that. The buffet breakfast is also very well done, with a wide variety of good, fresh and hot food.
Unfortunately there are some problems with the hotel. Our room is very small with no space to put anything. We left our suitcases unpacked because there is no place to put them if we unpacked them. There is a little round table and a chair that sit directly in front of the smallish T.V. set and directly between the bed and the T.V. Therefore, to watch television the chair must be moved into the middle of the room which then blocks the closet. The table blocks the little bureau that the T.V. sits on. All of this means that one must constantly move everything around in order to move about the room. It also means there is no point in unpacking because you cannot easily access the closet and little bureau.
The washroom is equally as dysfunctional. The only place to put toiletries is on the toilet tank, which means moving the box of tissues onto the floor. There are no shelves or drawers whatsoever so all of the toiletries must come and go twice daily except those that fit on the toilet tank.
My major problem with this room is that the air vent blows directly onto you while you are in bed. I find this most uncomfortable but the vent is not adjustable.
Other inconveniences were remedied by the hard working staff. Broken tea pot was replaced. Awful club sandwich with gritty lettuce was refunded, with complimentary cookies thrown in. Hard bed was covered with extra padding. As I said, they try hard!
All in all I just feel that this room is not worth $350 per night. It is a $250 room in a convenient location staffed by really nice people.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Traditional, Edwardian-era hotel, originally built as a debutante hostel for nearby Buckingham Palace. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Amex, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, LondonMarketing.com, Splendia, Priceline, getaroom.com and HotelTravel.com so you can book your The Rubens at the Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Rubens At The Palace Hotel London
- Rubens At The Palace London
- Rubens Palace
- The Rubens At The Palace London, England