We stayed here on our honeymoon. The staff was fantastic and even had a slice of cake to welcome us in our room. The concierge was very helpful and had a lot of great tips.
The room as a little small by American standards, but for London it was good sized. The mirrors along the head board wall make it feel a little bigger. We And let's face it, if you're visiting London you're probably here for the sites and not the room. The rain shower just had a short glass wall and no curtain but it had plenty of hot water and good pressure.
It is an easy walking distance to Parliament, Big Ben, Westminster Abbey, and Buckingham Palace. Victoria rail, tube, and coach station are just 2 blocks away. Very convenient to get anywhere in London.
There are some good pubs just around the corner. The Shakespeare right next to Victoria Station had a great band and hand pump cask ales. The price was a little high but for a honeymoon or special trip I think it was worth it. I would stay here again, especially for the location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Traditional, Edwardian-era hotel, originally built as a debutante hostel for nearby Buckingham Palace. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Splendia, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, HotelTravel.com, Priceline, LondonMarketing.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, EasyToBook and Tingo so you can book your The Rubens at the Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Rubens At The Palace Hotel London
- Rubens At The Palace London
- Rubens Palace
- The Rubens At The Palace London, England