“Service and location with a Plus” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Cranley Hotel

You added Cranley Hotel to your Saves list
Cranley Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   10-12 Bina Gardens | South Kensington, London SW5 0LA, England (Earls Court)   |
Ranked #274 of 1,065 Hotels in London
Cape Coral, Florida
“Service and location with a Plus”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

The Cranley is an antiqueish boutique hotel where every room is different. The service (cleaning, room service , concierge) was personal and was outrstanding. They have an onsite "desk" person who will help you with your every need (room, city information, travel, directions, etc). Tiffany was awesome but all of the staff were great. It is a superb location in South Kensington and two blocks from a nice tube station. My only reason for not giving the hotel a 5 rating was the AC in our room did not work well and because we were on the top (4th) floor the room got fairly warm at times. This would have been great in winter but it we were there in May.

Room Tip: Ask for a lower room in Summer
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
  • Polish first
Durham, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

Very elegant, well-apportioned bed and breakfast in South Kensington. Room size was adequate but the fine details (heated towel warmer, turn down service, room service) were exquisite.

The neighborhood is fantastic--you can walk by a Ferrari and a Lamborghini dealership on your way to the Tube. Tube stations are about 7 and 12 minutes by walk.

Would absolutely stay again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
World
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

I booked this boutique hotel because I was familiar with this neighbourhood of London (South Kensington / Earl's Court / Fulham Rd) and the place looked cozy and inviting. I originally was supposed to come for a short stay in July, but due to a huge mess-up by British Airways (a cancelled flight which resulted in my itinerary getting completely botched), I had to cancel my trip to London altogether. The hotel staff were extremely courteous and polite, understood my situation, and offered me a voucher for my stay, which I could use during the remaining 5 months of the year. It was a terrific offer, and I took them up on it when I needed to come to the city in November. My room was cozy and well appointed, with a large bed, good lighting, plenty of closet space, and a decent size bathroom. I have stayed in many properties in London, and am quite used to cramped spaces there, even in 5 star hotels... This was quite comfortable. The lobby was inviting, with a fire place, and the staff were very friendly. I would definitely stay there again on a future trip to London.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Pune, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

We had a great stay at the Cranley.

it is a charming boutique hotel located in South Kensington and only 5 min walk from the tube station.

The rooms were very nice.

The service was exceptional.

I would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

My husband and I were just at the Cranley. We enjoyed three nights in this charming hotel. It is quite small and feels very English, which is precisely what I hoped for. The staff were courteous and very professional. The neighborhood is convenient to the Victoria and Albert Museum, as well as Kensington Gardens. For the price it was much more than we expected. This was a wonderful way to begin our vacation.

Room Tip: We were veery satisfied with our room on the opposite side of the building.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Newport Beach, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

My daughter and I recently stayed in the Cranley Hotel. It is a small boutique hotel located in a very upscale residential neighborhood. It is close to the Glouster tube station and to a bus stop that services Kensington and other popular venues. It is also close to many restaurants and there is a small market on the corner. Our room was very well appointed, clean and bright. Although opposite the elevator, it was not problematic. The receptionists were all excellent and there is a very homey lobby and reception area. The only thing I would not recommend is the room service. It was pricey and not very good, although we only had one breakfast and a dinner. Perhaps it was our selections? That being said, as stated before, there are very good restaurant options within walking distance and the staff is very helpful with making reservations and recommendations. I highly recommend the Cranley Hotel, which I also felt was a good value.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

We spent 4 nights at The Cranley in mid April. It is a stately old residence that is showing some age but aging very gracefully. Our rooms were not quite ready so we were given refreshments while we waited. It has a beautiful elegance about it there and the staff were all superb. Everyone could not have been nicer no matter the time of day or how many questions you had. You never felt you were a bother (even when you surmised you might be just a bit). When you came back to your room, be it late afternoon or evening there was always some small dessert waiting for you. A continental breakfast came with our room. They do not have a seating for breakfast so you order the night before and it it brought to your room. A continental breakfast consisted of coffee or tea, a juice and toast or danish. So it was not what we are use to as a continental breakfast here in the US but it worked out sufficiently for us as we ate our way through London anyway. I would definitely go back there again!

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Been to Cranley Hotel? Share your experiences!