My boss (male) and I (female) stayed at the Hilton Docklands on a business trip for 4 days. My boss had already arrived the night before, so he met up with me when I arrived, I checked in and we went to the bar.
We were minding our own business, having a drink, when a male guest who was completly drunk sat down next to us. He was commenting on my breasts, looking at my legs under the table, asking us if we were going to sleep together and he was being completely racist to my boss, who is Portuguese. I was shaking all over and quite frankly as a woman I felt extremely uncomfortable.
I looked over at the barman, giving him a look, which he gladly picked up immediately, then proceeding to explain to who I thought must have been the Duty Manager. As I heard him quietly telling him, while this man carried on swearing and being rude, the barman told him that the drunk was disturbing us. Never the less, nothing happened....
We then finished our drinks and left, still not wanting to make a scene. On the way down the stars, the man whom I thought was a Duty Manager said, 'I know that man was bothering you, but you didn't tell me you wanted him to leave. I can't go up to anyone and tell them to leave. Plus, he's a regular guest of ours' I couldn't believe it - as if we didn't matter because we've never been there before!
The next day I went to the bar to thank the barman. He explained the gentleman whom I thought was the Duty Manager was actually the Security Manager!!!
Well thank you very much... I will never ever go there again, and I feel safer in my local PUB.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently situated on the banks of the River Thames, Hilton London Docklands is only a 20 minute journey to London City Airport. The hotel has a unique complimentary ferry service, which will transport you back and forth from Canary Wharf pier. From Canary Wharf the O2 arena, the ExCel London conference venue and the business district itself are all easily accessible. When staying at the Hilton London Docklands hotel you can take advantage of the 24-hour business center or the dedicated work areas in the guest rooms. And when you need some time to relax, you can make the most of the on-site gym and the Terrace Restaurant which offers both international and British traditional cuisine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton EMEA, Hotels.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, HotelTravel.com, Agoda, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Hilton London Docklands reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton London Docklands Hotel London
- London Hilton
- Hilton London Docklands England