“Weekend Stay in London” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton London Docklands

You added Hilton London Docklands to your Saves list
Hilton London Docklands
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   265 Rotherhithe Street, London SE16 5HW, England (Waterloo / South Bank / Southwark)   |
Special Offer
Book Early & Save
Ranked #553 of 1,066 Hotels in London
Yorkshire, England
“Weekend Stay in London”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I stayed at this hotel for two nights this past weekend.
Upon arrival, everything was well presented, even if a little difficult to initially find in the dark (a bigger sign at the end of the street would help).
Car parking (which is a reason for choosing this hotel) was located underneath the hotel and very convenient.
I was given a 5th floor room, with a view over the river and the city in the distance.
The room was well presented and very clean. Individual heaters are available to adjust to your liking.
There was an entire "wall" made from windows, which gave the room a light and airy feel, with a balcony outside.
Overall, I was very satisfied with my stay and the staff that I met were very helpful.
There is a convenient and complimentary ferry service provided across to Canary Wharf and the tube station. (it broke down for half an hour on sunday night, but alternatives were arranged quite quickly).
I'd definitely consider staying here again, as I like being away from the noise and crowds in the more downtown areas, and car parking is available at 12 pounds per day.

Room Tip: I was on the top 5th floor and it was very quiet at all times, with a nice view.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (438)
  • Polish first
From Here to There
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I will definitely stay at this hotel again next time I'm in London. The service was exceptional; every staff member I encountered surpassed Hilton's usual standard of excellent customer service. The food was quite good...definitely above average for a hotel restaurant. The facilities however, were only adequate. The layout of the hotel is odd...narrow, winding, dark corridors interconnected with fire doors. The rooms need updating...furnishings and carpets getting noticeably worn and decor a' la 1990. That being said, everything was clean and functional, and the view is amazing; the superb service and reasonable rates more than make up for it's faults.

Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Durham, England, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

We booked this hotel for a 2 night weekend break via SUperbreaks...

The hotel:
Was great overall but make sure ( we didnt) it's location is ideal for what you want to do in London....
The breakfast :
Somehow chaotic at times given the volume of guests at weekends ,we came down for breakfast @ 1030 on day 2 ...much better.....
The Breakfast was high quality and plenty of choice on offer...very pleased with that
The leisure facilities:
Not advertised neither by SUperbreak nor Hilton website but....... There is a pool and sauna available over and above the well stocked gym fitness room....pool opens @ 8 am....
Enjoyed it but prob won't stay there again unless we are there for a specific reason ...not central and a bit of a faf on travelling on boats etc.. To get there.......but nice place...

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
london, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

love the hotel have stayed before but had very poor service on the evening in the restaurant food was very slow with 4 kids nodding off waiting for the starters! kept asking for drinks never arrived!! Also my 6 year old sons DVD player blew up in the room so we had a very long 3 hour journey home with no entertainment for him!!!

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Amie G, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton London Docklands, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Hilton London Docklands and for taking the time to share your feedback with us, I’m please to hear that your enjoy coming to our hotel and that you enjoy your stay here, I like to apologise for the issue you had regarding service in the restaurant please be assured that I have pick this up with our Food and Beverage Manager and he has dealt with. I do hope we get the chance to welcome you back to our hotel.

Salford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This is a excellent hotel, with friendly staff. Only downside is that it is not near the centre of London. There is a good bus service to Canada water tube station.
I am already booked to stay again in January.

Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Amie G, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton London Docklands, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Hilton London Docklands, I’m delighted that you enjoyed your time spent here with us and look forward to welcoming you back in the new year, in regards to commuting around London we go have a ferry service which is complimentary to all our hotel guests, I look forward to welcoming you back.

Stithians, null, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I stayed earlier this year, and I returned this month. Why? Because the hotel ticks all my boxes. Firstly it is very quiet, and the air conditioning can be controlled or turned off, so I can get a good night's sleep. Secondly, it's a great location for my work, which is based near London Bridge tube station. Sometimes I take the free Ferry across to Docklands (5 minutes ferry ride), then 5 minute brisk walk to Canary Wharf.
I love the food they serve, particularly their breakfast. I usually sit by the window overlooking the Thames, and looking straight across to the skyscrappers around Canary Wharf.

Room prices do vary a lot during the year. I am a business travel employed in the charitable sector, restricted to approx. £100 a night. I always check Docklands prices and availability, and about 1 time in 6, I get lucky, and stay at the Docklands Hilton.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the river.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Hilton London Docklands, I’m so pleased that you enjoy stay with us at our lovely hotel and that you find our location amazing with I must say is very popular amongst all our guest, I do hope that we get to welcome you back in the new year.

Kind regards

Singapore, Singapore
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Got a room on second floor. Room was overlooking the Thames river, quite small and there was not good storage space (cupboard was very very small) as we went for 15 days.

To go from hotel to Canary wharf dock, hotel had a ferry service. It was terrible as the waiting times were odd during lunch, evening and night hours. In case you miss the boat at 8:30pm due to delay in dinner, then the next service was only at 10:00pm.

Room service was quite disappointing. We had booked the hotel online for 15 days, but we had to change the hotel in the mid of our stay.

Will not recommend it to any of the travellers

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Hilton London Docklands, May I say how disappointed I am to hear that your stay with us was not up to standard, I would very much like the opportunity to discuss this issue with you, if you could contact me on amie.gotts@hilton.com I would be grateful. I do hope I get the chance to discuss this with you.

Amie Gotts

Been to Hilton London Docklands? Share your experiences!