Made return visit to this hotel at the end of July 13 for three nights. Lucky enough to be given an upgrade to a Deluxe Plus Room with balcony and fantastic views overlooking the river. Check in was quick and efficient. Receptionist was very helpful and our room was ready earlier than expected, which was a real bonus.
Breakfast was up to the usual Hilton standard, with good hot buffet and chef serving choice of eggs and various omelettes -a nice touch. Plenty of seating and quickly shown to a table. Sat on patio outside a couple of mornings enjoying the sun. Would suggest having breakfast before 8.30am as probably busy after then.
Would recommend using the C10 bus to/from Canada Water Underground station, which stops outside the hotel. Service every 15 minutes was very good. Hotel convenient for Tower Bridge and City area and visiting Stratford for Olympic Park and Westfield Centre.
The complementary ferry service to Canary Wharf was also something to try for a change, but if you need the underground, its a long walk from ferry to station. We would not have wanted to do this more than once.
Staff very helpful throughout our stay. Only downside and why I've given rating of 4 not 5 is that we thought our room was in need of refurbishment, with furniture showing signs of damage and wear.
All in all a very pleasant stay
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently situated on the banks of the River Thames, Hilton London Docklands is only a 20 minute journey to London City Airport. The hotel has a unique complimentary ferry service, which will transport you back and forth from Canary Wharf pier. From Canary Wharf the O2 arena, the ExCel London conference venue and the business district itself are all easily accessible. When staying at the Hilton London Docklands hotel you can take advantage of the 24-hour business center or the dedicated work areas in the guest rooms. And when you need some time to relax, you can make the most of the on-site gym and the Terrace Restaurant which offers both international and British traditional cuisine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hilton EMEA, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, HotelTravel.com, Hotels.com, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Hilton London Docklands reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton London Docklands Hotel London
- London Hilton
- Hilton London Docklands England