“Return Visit” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #559 of 1,049 Hotels in London
Sutton Coldfield, United Kingdom
“Return Visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

Made return visit to this hotel at the end of July 13 for three nights. Lucky enough to be given an upgrade to a Deluxe Plus Room with balcony and fantastic views overlooking the river. Check in was quick and efficient. Receptionist was very helpful and our room was ready earlier than expected, which was a real bonus.

Breakfast was up to the usual Hilton standard, with good hot buffet and chef serving choice of eggs and various omelettes -a nice touch. Plenty of seating and quickly shown to a table. Sat on patio outside a couple of mornings enjoying the sun. Would suggest having breakfast before 8.30am as probably busy after then.

Would recommend using the C10 bus to/from Canada Water Underground station, which stops outside the hotel. Service every 15 minutes was very good. Hotel convenient for Tower Bridge and City area and visiting Stratford for Olympic Park and Westfield Centre.

The complementary ferry service to Canary Wharf was also something to try for a change, but if you need the underground, its a long walk from ferry to station. We would not have wanted to do this more than once.

Staff very helpful throughout our stay. Only downside and why I've given rating of 4 not 5 is that we thought our room was in need of refurbishment, with furniture showing signs of damage and wear.

All in all a very pleasant stay

Room Tip: Ask for room in the "Old Warehouse" wing near the restaurant
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Joanna G, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton London Docklands, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
I am happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us, and that you were able to make the most of our riverside terrace. When the sun is shining, it certainly is a great place to be! Thank you for staying with us at Hilton London Docklands.
Joanna Gale-Batten

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (473)
  • Polish first
Doncaster, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

I have stayed at the Hilton Docklands several time and have always had a pleasant stay. Staff are very friendly and helpful. Bar prices are a little expensive but you will find this in most good hotels. The ferry to Canary Wharf is excellent and free for Hilton guests.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

I am most grateful that you have taken the time to write a review, especially as you are a regular visitor to Hilton London Docklands. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay, and look forward to welcoming you again soon.
Stockton-on-Tees, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

Right opposite Canary Wharf on the Thames. Lovely location especially sitting outside the bar watching the sun set. Free ferry to get there too. But our room was cramped and hot - for £120 per night did expect better - however it is London! Costa coffee at the bar was nice touch but breakfast was £20! Overall tho worth it for the location.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for this review. Just for your information, we do offer various room types. Please feel free to ask about these when making a reservation or even at check-in. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Forest of Dean, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

we found this hotel in a perfect position to sight see in London, as you are outside of the centre so can escape the hustle and bustle. It has a free ferry access into Canary Wharf where there are plenty of eating places. The Hotel staff were all lovely and spoke to our children, even the Chef was having fun as our son was doing a line from a movie and the chef knew it so was joining in. Breakfast is one of the best we have had in a hotel something for everyone.

We did have a slight issue with our booking but was easily resolved and did not leave any bad impressions on this Hotel. We definately will use it again.

Room Tip: If you have a Family book the family room( yes sounds strange) but we originally booked an apartment...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you very much for choosing Hilton London Docklands for your recent stay in London. It is wonderful to read that you and your family enjoyed your stay. We would be happy to welcome you back any time!
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

It was the first time that I had stayed at a Hilton hotel and I was extremely disappointed. I usually stay at relatively nice hotels and I've heard a lot about the Hilton brand, hence I was expecting far more than what I received. I booked the stay off the trivago website, where I browsed some of the photos online and then booked straight away as the pictures looked great and I trusted the brand. However, after I booked, I checked the reviews on trip advisor and was shocked to see how many negative reviews there were. As I was planning to stay at the Hilton for my partner's birthday I called the front desk a few days prior to our arrival and expressed my concerns. At this point, the member of staff that I spoke to informed me that they would take this into consideration and reserved me a double deluxe room, which I was very happy with. Upon arrival we were greeted by a trainee who checked us in, which all went smoothly apart from when a senior member of staff told her off about a previous matter in front of us which I thought was very unprofessional and demeaning for the trainee. After this, we went to our rooms and this was when I was most disappointed. The room was by far not 'deluxe,' I've stayed in Hampton by Hilton's for half the price which were far nicer. The bed was absolutely awful, the springs dug into our backs and there was a huge dip in the middle. That combined with the blaring music from the passing boat parties made it probably the worst night's sleep I have had in a long time. Lastly, despite the fact that staff knew it was my partner's birthday, no effort was made at all to make this special for him. I will not be recommeding the Hilton London Docklands.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

I am very sorry to see that you experienced these problems during your stay, and that your partner’s birthday was not acknowledged. I would like to look into this further, and would very much appreciate an opportunity to speak to you about your stay. If you are happy for me to contact you, would you kindly send your contact details to Joanna.Gale-Batten@Hilton.com.
Cambridge, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here on the Tesco clubcard points so didn't really cost us a penny. We had one of the standard double rooms, quite basic, did the job but was incredibly warm as we were here during the heat wave we had. No air conditioning, we were given a fan which wasn't any use. Tiny bathroom and terrible view onto a car park, I think as we had used the tesco points we were back of the line for a river view!

Hotel gave you free tickets to use on the Thames Clipper, a passenger boat than ran every 15/20 mins across to Canary Wharf so had great access to all the restaurants and jubilee line.

One thing I have noticed with Hilton is that they always do a great Buffett Breakfast. Never a disappointment!

All in all a tidy and clean hotel. Did what we needed for the weekend.

• Stayed July 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience here. I will certainly pass your compliments on to our chef, after reading this feedback about our buffet breakfast! I hope that we will be able to welcome you back to Hilton London Docklands for your next trip to London.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

Very nice hotel, great value for families with children under 15 years. We have stayed on many occasions in recent years. Rooms clean and spacious, breakfast by the river Thames is lovely, breakfast food excellent. Bar is reasonable in size and comfort. Bar menu is reasonable. Gym is very good. Swimming pool is ok but small. Sauna is ok. You do need to plan your transport into and back from London, we use the river boat taxis. Good hotel and friendly staff.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you very much for this review, and for your loyalty to Hilton London Docklands. I am delighted that we can continue to be your hotel of choice in London!
Joanna Gale-Batten

Been to Hilton London Docklands? Share your experiences!