I stayed here recently for one night as I was attending a business meeting at Canary Wharf the following day. I didn't arrive until somewhere around 10.30pm, all I wanted was somewhere to sleep and breakfast the next day.
I had been booked into a single room and on check in was offered an upgrade to a double room, and asked if I was OK on the ground floor. I've never been there before so had no idea if bring on ground floor was good or not and was just wanting to get to my room so was happy to say yes. The hotel has an odd layount and it was long mazy walk to my room, which overlooked the river. The room looked a little tired, with some orange stains on the bathroom walls, and the shower fitting was loose against the wall with large holes in the tiles around the fitting. The duvet cover was clean but ripped down one side
By the time I'd made a drink and sorted out I turned in to sleep around midnight but there was a lot of noise from what sounded like a small group of people talking. I even went to the window to see if they were outside but could see nothing; I assumed they must be in the next room but their voices carried into my room and at 2am it was getting pretty tiresome. Later another voice, even louder, sounded like it was right in front of my window but I was too tired to get out of bed to look. In addition to noisy guests, it seemed as though I was directly below a bathroom and could hear far too much noise from above every time the resident there went to the toilet! At around 3am as I was hoping to finally get some sleep I had what sounded like a shower somewhere above me and then shortly after that a horrible whining noise. At this point I realised the radiator in my room had come on so I assume the noise was the pipes. It was sometime after 3.30 before I got any sleep.
Staff at breakfast were pleasant, as the reception desk staff had been the previous evening, and breakfast itself was fine. The location is good once you get there; it's not that close to any stations but there is a ferry across to Westferry Circus area of Canary Wharf which is free for hotel guests. However given that I chose to stay in the hotel that night rather than get the early train down in the morning so I could get a decent night's sleep before my meeting, that had been totally ruined
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently situated on the banks of the River Thames, Hilton London Docklands is only a 20 minute journey to London City Airport. The hotel has a unique complimentary ferry service, which will transport you back and forth from Canary Wharf pier. From Canary Wharf the O2 arena, the ExCel London conference venue and the business district itself are all easily accessible. When staying at the Hilton London Docklands hotel you can take advantage of the 24-hour business center or the dedicated work areas in the guest rooms. And when you need some time to relax, you can make the most of the on-site gym and the Terrace Restaurant which offers both international and British traditional cuisine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton EMEA, Booking.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, Agoda, Despegar.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Hilton London Docklands reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton London Docklands Hotel London
- London Hilton
- Hilton London Docklands England