This is the only Hilton I've stayed at that has its own free Ferry shuttle to Canary Wharf, from which you can take the very high speed river shuttle to the London Eye and do all your sightseeing from there. I loved this aspect of the stay and made it very different from expensive central London hotels of a similar standard. Location therefore was excellent and suited us very well. We'll certainly use the hotel again if the price is right and we want to visit London in the future.
I got a very good price of £95 for bed and breakfast for 2 in a superior room. There were positives and negatives about the room. The view was breathtaking, looking over the Thames to Canary Wharf. We arrived in darkness and there was a definite 'oooh' moment looking at the lights across the river.
The room was very spacious but badly designed. It was badly in need of a refit and looked very tired. The bathroom has obviously been patched up over the years to try to hide the tattyness and damp patches which remain. This was confirmed by our visiting woodlice in the night in the bathroom who enjoyed the damp corners and bits of mildew. The shower was OK-ish but again a bit tatty and well worn. The whole bathroom was small and dingy. The main room had a comfy sofa and large screen TV. Plenty of hot drinks but I wasn't keen on the bottle of water that, on the other side had a price tag. Don't put things in the room if you expect us to pay for them! Also, it was odd that there was a standard 4'6 double bed and a 3ft single bed in the room when there was clearly room for a king or queen size bed which is more or less standard in hotels these days. We have a queen size at home and it was difficult to use the standard double so I ended up in the single. Overall, the room was very poor indeed given that it was supposed to be a superior.
The staff were all superb, especially the manager who was on at breakfast who was efficient, friendly and very attentive (I couldn't see her name tag without it appearing like I was staring at her left breast!). She obviously enjoys her job and went out of her way to make sure we enjoyed our breakfast which was excellent. Similarly the receptionist who checked us in and out was friendly, polite and couldn't do enough to accommodate our needs.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently situated on the banks of the River Thames, Hilton London Docklands is only a 20 minute journey to London City Airport. The hotel has a unique complimentary ferry service, which will transport you back and forth from Canary Wharf pier. From Canary Wharf the O2 arena, the ExCel London conference venue and the business district itself are all easily accessible. When staying at the Hilton London Docklands hotel you can take advantage of the 24-hour business center or the dedicated work areas in the guest rooms. And when you need some time to relax, you can make the most of the on-site gym and the Terrace Restaurant which offers both international and British traditional cuisine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton EMEA, Hotels.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, HotelTravel.com, Agoda, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Hilton London Docklands reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton London Docklands Hotel London
- London Hilton
- Hilton London Docklands England