“Old stinky carpets, average room, but helpful staff” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book early, up to 20% off
Ranked #559 of 1,049 Hotels in London
Oslo, Norway
“Old stinky carpets, average room, but helpful staff”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012 via mobile

Very disapointed with the standards of rooms, the carpets all the way in the hotel first floor stinks old carpet, room is at a good size though. I was expecting higher standards, the location is fine, but you do have to walk a little bit to get to the Canary Wharf tube station. Staff was very helpful and delt with all my requests with diligence.

Mohit M, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton London Docklands, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Thank you very much for staying with us. I have made a note of the points highlighted and please rest assured that corrective measures will be put in place. May I please request you to contact me directly on Mohit.murgai@hilton.com and I will ensure that you will have a seamless stay in future. We look forward to welcome you back.

Mohit Murgai

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (473)
  • Polish first
Rhodes Town, Greece
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

We stayed in a suite-apartment, it was quite overpriced but really enjoyed the experience. Would def. visit again. The staff was friendly. The breakfast was OH SO TASTY! There was a bus to the station which was convenient! The surrounding area and views were great. The bed was extremely comfortable, I didn't want to wake up! The room was spacious, we had a fridge, a kettle, tea bags, coffee etc.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share with us your valuable comments following your stay at our hotel, I am pleased that you found the room to be spacious and you enjoyed our spread of breakfast in the restaurant. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

...and I actually quite like it.
It's not the most convenient hotel in the world, being a good fifteen minute walk plus a ferry ride across the river from Canary Wharf, or a journey on a C10 bus (or 7 quid in a taxi) from Canada Water. It's laid out like some eastern European prison block, with endless miles of narrow twisty corridors and tiny lifts scattered in random corners. Rooms vary, from large and lovely to the one I had this time, where the open door barely skirted the corner of the bed and reaching the balcony door involved clambering over and around an armchair.
That said, there are balconies! Smokers rejoice! Fresh air fiends celebrate! The water pressure is great and there's plenty of hot water for the shower, albeit the bathroom is miniscule and the shower curtain arrangement diverts water straight onto the floor. Internet is pricey at £15, and you need to ensure you log in to the wireless (which works) rather than the supplied broadband cable (which doesn't, or at least very well). Room service was polite, friendly and prompt, although the temperature of the food when it arrived bore testament to its long journey through the corridors of the Rotherhithe Lubyanka.
It's reasonably quiet at night, the staff are friendly and helpful, and there are some nice views from the rooms facing the river. You wouldn't stay here for the decor or the location (unless you're heading for the o2), but it's a hotel that tries hard despite an architect that didn't.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you taking the time to post comments from your recent stay. I understand that you were not fully satisfied with your recent stay in certain areas and I unreservedly apologise for this. Guest satisfaction is our highest priority and it is an area that we repeatedly train our team members on. May I kindly request you to email me your contact details on mohit.murgai@hilton.com and I will personally contact you at a time that is convenient to you.

Forres, Scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

Absolutely excellent from start to finish, coming from not declaring my room number as a single woman traveller to pain free checkout. In between a spacious room, with a firm and comfortable bed on the 4th floor. TV with a huge selection of channels (I watched German TV). Different types of seat in my room. A real wardrobe. Bathroom separated from the room by my entrance hall and still ensuite, great toiletries.
I arrived via bus from Canada Water the bus stops outside the hotel.
The creme de la creme for me was the complimentary ticket to and from Canary Wharf by ferry for the duration of my stay as I was attending a conference at Canary Wharf.

Room Tip: Ask for Wharf I would say
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Mohit M, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton London Docklands, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Thank you for choosing the Hilton London Docklands Riverside for your recent stay in London and indeed for sharing your experience. It is particularly warming to receive such a positive valuation of the quality of our product. I look forward to welcome you back at some point in the near future and should you require any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Nashua, New Hampshire
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

I've stayed at this hotel a couple of times, my daughter lives close by. The first time we had a really dated room badly in need of being gutted. This time I had a better room but lots of maintenance issues - broken clock, broken bedside light, dead light bulbs, room was freezing cold - all fairly minor stuff but not what you expect from a 4* Hilton.
Check in was awful - the guy who finally checked me in was slow, disinterested and apparently unfamiliar with how to check a guest in..............
The ferry to Canada Water is a great bonus; that and being close to my daughter means I'll go again but other than that I wouldn't stay here

Room Tip: Ask to be in the building where Lift 1 is, the rooms seem to be better
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for posting your review, it is sad to read of your disappointment with your stay. I really would like to have an opportunity to contact you directly to address your concerns. Please do send me your details, my email address mohit.murgai@hilton.com. Once again, thank you.

Staines, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

I must say this is a strange hotel ,first the good points of this quirky hotel the reception area is nice along with the bar area which on a nice summers eve i should think is lovely also the staff seemed very friendly, i also liked the ferry service, fantastic idea although i should think it is to capture the buisness revenue from the canary wharf area rather than joe public.
Now the bad bit, our room was probably the strangest room i have ever stayed in the moment you open the door the bed is probably 1 step away handy if you have spent the night in the bar but that is about all, the other side of the bed is probably the same distance away from the window which is handy bescause you can draw the curtains with your bum as you walk past a fantastic labour saving device. Above the bed is a a/c unit that looks like it was a bit of a after thought as it is boxed in and the thermostat/control cables where behind a lump of plaster going up and down the wall also i dont think it worked as when i lowered the temp nothing happend not a problem in nov but a prob in our very rare summers,either someone had recently tried to fix this as there where what looked like dirty hand prints all around this or the previous occupants had been playing some very strange games. The bathroom again very small was very tatty with cracked tiles and what looked like solder heat marks around the cistern and a towel rail with only one rail instead of two all in all not a very nice room.

Room Tip: Avoid room 2031
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time out to post your review following your recent stay. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed the service from our team. I appreciate your comments regarding the decor of the room. I really would like to have an opportunity to contact you directly. Please do send me your details, my email address is mohit.murgai@hilton.com. Once again, thank you.

Warrington, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

I usually stay in a travelodge on kew bridge ,but booked this to be near my son as it was his 21st birthday .The location is fantastic ,right on the Thames with a great ferry service to canary wharf.There is then a 10 min stroll to either the DLR or the Jubilee line,very handy when sightseeing in London .The standard room is very small(you could just open the door without it hitting the bed).The bed was terrible-rock hard,then there was a party of young people in who woke us at 2am both nights.However the rooms were clean and warm with a nice bathroom(.Would have got a better review with a more comfy bed).Back to the travelodge or premier inn for us!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you very much for staying with us and taking the time to share your experience. I understand that not all aspects of your stay were up to your expectations and I would like to apologise for the shortfall on this occasion. I welcome you to email me your contact details on Mohit.murgai@hilton.com and I will personally contact you at a time that is convenient to you.

Mohit Murgai

Been to Hilton London Docklands? Share your experiences!