On the one hand, the hotel is difficult to get to (it took two hours from Heathrow!). On the other hand, it's a lot of fun getting into central London from the hotel by boat, which leaves every twenty minutes. The boat ride is truly spectacular.
As to the hotel itself, the rooms are not really Hilton standard. Mine was very small, the carpet several years old, there is a door sill into the bathroom, across which one can stumble easily. I heard the neighbors talk in their room next door. The hallways are narrow and dark, and the service not particularly eager. I asked whether I could check out at 2pm. Only for an extra ten pounds! Why, I wonder. The hotel was far from fully booked.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently situated on the banks of the River Thames, Hilton London Docklands is only a 20 minute journey to London City Airport. The hotel has a unique complimentary ferry service, which will transport you back and forth from Canary Wharf pier. From Canary Wharf the O2 arena, the ExCel London conference venue and the business district itself are all easily accessible. When staying at the Hilton London Docklands hotel you can take advantage of the 24-hour business center or the dedicated work areas in the guest rooms. And when you need some time to relax, you can make the most of the on-site gym and the Terrace Restaurant which offers both international and British traditional cuisine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hilton EMEA, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, HotelTravel.com, Hotels.com, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Hilton London Docklands reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton London Docklands Hotel London
- London Hilton
- Hilton London Docklands England