“London visit” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Regency Hotel - Queen's Gate

You added Regency Hotel - Queen's Gate to your Saves list
Regency Hotel - Queen's Gate
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   100 Queen's Gate | South Kensington, London SW7 5AG, England (South Kensington)   |
Ranked #506 of 1,049 Hotels in London
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“London visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Great location with a five minute walk to the tube station and five minute walk to museums. Friendly staff, and the executive lounge deal with free breakfast and evening drinks is a bonus. We had a room for three people, slightly disappointed that the third bed was a small single sofa bed, but otherwise lovely and clean. Only problem for us was it was extremely hot in the hotel, which some people would have loved as it was a cold week, but we ended up having windows open to cool down, highly recommend, great staff, great location, great breakfast.

Room Tip: A room on level four is perfect.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (179)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Cardiff, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW via mobile

I rely on Tripadvisor when making decisions on where to stay, so feel obliged to write reviews myself wherever I stay. Well it hasn't let me down again and I found the Refency good value and in a great location.
The rate was pretty good in comparison to other London Hotels and I booked a 'Queensgate' room including breakfast and use of an executive lounge. The rooms are adequate - not luxurious and the bathrooms are OK, although lacking in the usual complimentary bits and pieces. Bit strange to have a fixed soap dispenser high up on the wall in the shower, which means if you have a bath you can't reach it! Everything was spotlessly clean and the staff go out of their way to be friendly.
The location is close to two tube stations, so everywhere in London is easily accessible, which good food and drink places nearby in a nice area of the city.
I couldn't get the aircon working which was annoying, but I think that was probably my fault.
Would certainly consider staying here again

Bradford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Like many of the 4* in this area its probably a 3.5 but this is certainly one of the better ones. Very nicely decorated room with clever media panel that let's you put laptop or Xbox etc through the telly. Quiet a/c, big shower, comfy bed. I will certainly stay again. Didn't use gym or restaurant, but there is a Boris bike stand outside. Friendly staff

Faversham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Not the most friendly place we have stayed. Staff are rude, and a little hard to understand. We had complementry breakfast! This ment we were taken down to what can only be described as the basement and give friut and coffee, NO other choice. Very clean rooms, but no shampoo etc and we had to turn off the mini bar fridge as it was so noisey.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Entrance belies what lies above! Sold the executive room however it was tiny 5th floor room high window so really claustrophobic. Boiling hot found out air conditioning not working in middle of night. No soundproofing luckily had earplugs. Corridors very narrow obviously cramming rooms in. No shampoo etc just a shower wash. Basic teas and coffees, no extras. Quite honestly if there was a premier Inn near here you would better off!

Newcastle, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I'll star with pros....
Recently refurbished to a nice standard, comfortable beds, good location.

However, these guys don't know the meaning of service - it SCREAMS London attitude. Indifferent staff, basic amenities... didn't even have small bottles of shampoo and conditioner complementary. I stayed at a 3 star the next night that offered more. No parking, and the best they can offer is a public lot around the corner at £50 per day.

When we arrived, they couldn't find our booking. She told me my reservation was cancelled. It wasn't. I had explained I had cancelled and re-booked and then I actually physically showed her the details of the live booking on my phone inclusive of the booking number. Even thought she agreed it was a live booking she refused to show us to a room till she had resolved the issue with Booking.com, even though she could see we had a reservation - we were late to dinner because of their issue and being left in the lobby for almost 30 minutes. Basically, she was more than happy to make it our problem.

Basically they have refurbished the hotel to try to call it a 4 star but they still think and act like a 3 star.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Glasgow
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My last booking in the regency hotel in London had been a disappointment
I booked a twin room for two adult males
We had an exam in London, and wanted a peaceful luxurious stay overnight before our exam in the morning, so we opted for a 5 star hotel
We found the room very small and the two single bed put together like a double bed, with no space to separate them
We complaint and they moved us to a bigger room at added price. Yet the same problem remained. We couldn't put the beds apart !
We asked for two single rooms. They didn't have that for us
So we had to put up with what they have; severely contracted rooms with beds joint together
We spent the night worried about finding ourselves in each other's arms !

You book a twin room, expecting a twin room, with two separate beds. When a five star hotel concept become.s so crooked that they can't appreciate this simple concept I guess there is a serious problem !

Room Tip: Don't book a twin room in this hotel, if you are actually wanting a bed all on your own. You wil...
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled on business

Been to Regency Hotel - Queen's Gate? Share your experiences!