“Good location and hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Regency Hotel - Queen's Gate

You added Regency Hotel - Queen's Gate to your Saves list
Regency Hotel - Queen's Gate
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   100 Queen's Gate | South Kensington, London SW7 5AG, England (Earls Court)   |
Ranked #465 of 1,063 Hotels in London
“Good location and hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

We stayed at the London Regency not knowing what to expect, for our surprise the hotel had well appointed rooms and a good location in South Kensington.

The reception staff was amazing, nothing seemed to much for them. We found all to be very friendly. We had a few questions as it was our first time in London and the team directed us to the best spots in town.

I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to London.

• Stayed September 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

This hotel was a good location and in a great area. The outside of the hotel and the lobby was very nice. The rooms were okay in my opinion, they were very small and seemed old. I would still recommend this hotel though.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

We stayed for 2 nights at The Regency Hotel. Really is a great location, only 5 minutes walk from South Ken tube station, with lots of bars and restaurants around to enjoy. We were upgraded to a Queen room, which was smart but still quite small, even for a London hotel. Well decorated and with all the necessary facilities though, plus a very comfy bed. We didn't book breakfast, and would suggest you don't, as there are loads of options that seem to be better value within a short walk.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

Great location and very comfortable rooms. Staff are not really engaged and it feels more like they are here to make up the numbers in stead of being part of your holiday experience. The I n-house restaurant food is simple , expensive but fresh.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Bridgewater, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

The hotel is closer to the underground (subway station) within about 5 minutes walking. We took the underground from Heathrow to the hotel, and later took the underground to Eurostar. The location is excellent for us first time in London. There are many cafes and restaurants to choose in the neighborhood.

We stayed four nights. Room is very clean. Housekeeper did an excellent job. All the staff in the hotel from front desk to housekeeper are very friendly and extremely helpful. Honestly i have to disagree with the previous review that staff were rude and unhelpful. We found people in UK are very friendly. We will definitely recommend this hotel.

Adelaide, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

We stayed at the Regency Hotel for 4 nights during early August. The only good thing I can say is the location and comfortable beds. The front office staff were rude and unhelpful. Its advertised as having wifi but found out that only if you pay a whopping 4.95pound per hour! Tour prices had a premium increase when purchased thru hotel. the full English breakfast was almost uneatable and the price was horrific. Do not stay here if you are looking for value.

Khartoum, Sudan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

I have stayed at the regency with my husband and my 6years old son
In the second week of August .
The hotel was acceptable and very clean.
Actually I am writing to thanks to a member of the staff that saved my son's life!!
He is a little boy full of energy and while we were having breakfast he was playing around and at some point he was running and eating an apple!
The worst happened and a bit of apple got stacked on his throat,I went to the toilet and was desperate only crying because my little boy was about to suffocate but there was an young lady replacing the towels that reacted very fast and came to help me straight way,she hold my son with his back against her and pushed his chest and he spited the piece of apple.
After he said that her name is Anna and that she help him before when she saw him lost,this girl is extremely kind and has a warming smile which made my son feel comfortable to ask her help because normally he does not talk specially because we are from Sudan.
I wanted to see her to give her a small present but could not find her,if someone can,please tell her how grateful I am!
If she wasn't there I do not know what could happen because I was in panic.
On this day this angel named Anna save my baby life And I will never be able to retry.
Congratulations Regency Hotel for having such a good and capable staff!
I will definitely go back and recommend the Hotel

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to Regency Hotel - Queen's Gate? Share your experiences!