“Good location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Regency Hotel - Queen's Gate

Save Saved
You added Regency Hotel - Queen's Gate to your Saves list
Regency Hotel - Queen's Gate
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   100 Queen's Gate | South Kensington, London SW7 5AG, England (Earls Court)   |
Ranked #459 of 1,063 Hotels in London
“Good location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

This hotel was a good location and in a great area. The outside of the hotel and the lobby was very nice. The rooms were okay in my opinion, they were very small and seemed old. I would still recommend this hotel though.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

We stayed for 2 nights at The Regency Hotel. Really is a great location, only 5 minutes walk from South Ken tube station, with lots of bars and restaurants around to enjoy. We were upgraded to a Queen room, which was smart but still quite small, even for a London hotel. Well decorated and with all the necessary facilities though, plus a very comfy bed. We didn't book breakfast, and would suggest you don't, as there are loads of options that seem to be better value within a short walk.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

Great location and very comfortable rooms. Staff are not really engaged and it feels more like they are here to make up the numbers in stead of being part of your holiday experience. The I n-house restaurant food is simple , expensive but fresh.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Bridgewater, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

The hotel is closer to the underground (subway station) within about 5 minutes walking. We took the underground from Heathrow to the hotel, and later took the underground to Eurostar. The location is excellent for us first time in London. There are many cafes and restaurants to choose in the neighborhood.

We stayed four nights. Room is very clean. Housekeeper did an excellent job. All the staff in the hotel from front desk to housekeeper are very friendly and extremely helpful. Honestly i have to disagree with the previous review that staff were rude and unhelpful. We found people in UK are very friendly. We will definitely recommend this hotel.

Adelaide, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

We stayed at the Regency Hotel for 4 nights during early August. The only good thing I can say is the location and comfortable beds. The front office staff were rude and unhelpful. Its advertised as having wifi but found out that only if you pay a whopping 4.95pound per hour! Tour prices had a premium increase when purchased thru hotel. the full English breakfast was almost uneatable and the price was horrific. Do not stay here if you are looking for value.

Khartoum, Sudan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

I have stayed at the regency with my husband and my 6years old son
In the second week of August .
The hotel was acceptable and very clean.
Actually I am writing to thanks to a member of the staff that saved my son's life!!
He is a little boy full of energy and while we were having breakfast he was playing around and at some point he was running and eating an apple!
The worst happened and a bit of apple got stacked on his throat,I went to the toilet and was desperate only crying because my little boy was about to suffocate but there was an young lady replacing the towels that reacted very fast and came to help me straight way,she hold my son with his back against her and pushed his chest and he spited the piece of apple.
After he said that her name is Anna and that she help him before when she saw him lost,this girl is extremely kind and has a warming smile which made my son feel comfortable to ask her help because normally he does not talk specially because we are from Sudan.
I wanted to see her to give her a small present but could not find her,if someone can,please tell her how grateful I am!
If she wasn't there I do not know what could happen because I was in panic.
On this day this angel named Anna save my baby life And I will never be able to retry.
Congratulations Regency Hotel for having such a good and capable staff!
I will definitely go back and recommend the Hotel

Mansfield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

We booked the Regency for a Monday to Saturday break in London and were very pleased with our choice. The hotel is on Queensgate in South Kensington, about 5 minutes walk from the tube station there. We had paid extra for a Queensgate room, facing onto the street as it included free wi fi in the room and access to a small lounge area where a light breakfast and various drinks were available. The room we were allocated did face onto the street, but we were up in the roof which meant that it was actually quite a small room. This was ok as we didn't plan to spend a lot of time there but there was a dire lack of storage for anyone staying more than a couple of nights. There was a single wardrobe and no drawers apart from those in the desk. There was also no storage for the suitcases, which were not large, we ended up putting one in the gap that had obviously been designed for the fridge and the other just had to stand on the floor at the end of the desk. We were pleased it was a reasonable summer and we didn't need big coats etc!! We did have a lovely view from the window but we had to kneel up on the window seat to look out, no floor to ceiling windows for this Queensgate room!! We also had no chairs apart from the desk chair and the in built window seat.
The staff were generally friendly and helpful and the service in the Elysium lounge was fine, we went for the light breakfast most days and it was usually yogurt, fruit and pastries with juice and tea and coffee. Tea and coffee were available most of the day, usually with a cake or pastry or something, In the early evening you could also have wine, beer and soft drinks with canapés and this was a nice way to start an evening out.
The very best thing was the location of the hotel. There were lots of nice places to eat within 5 minutes walk, there were two mini supermarkets and we were only minutes from the V & A, Science museum etc and 15 minutes walk from the Royal Albert Hall. We had booked for one of the BBC prom concerts and it was lovely when we left and were able to pass through all the people waiting for lifts of dashing for tubes or taxi's or buses and we could just have a pleasant stroll down Queensgate.
We did eat in the hotel a couple of times, we had afternoon tea in the terrace area which was pleasant and very filling although I'd never had an afternoon tea before where you had half a toasted muffin included! It was nice though. Then on our last morning we decided to have breakfast in the restaurant as we were travelling and knew we would probably only have snacks until we got home. My son had waffles and I had smoked salmon and scrambled egg, They were both nice although we had to wait quite a while for somebody to actually take the order. They were very apologetic when they did come and were subsequently very attentive.
All in all, our stay in the Regency was a very pleasant experience but its' main attraction really was the location. I think I would have given it full marks if the room had been better, but it was very small and the shower room was tiny with no reall ventilation, so soon steamed up when the shower was running. I would stay in Queensgate again but not sure if it would be at the Regency specifically...

Room Tip: Go for a Queensgate room if possible but specify not in the roof!!