“A good staff makes the difference” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Regency Hotel - Queen's Gate

Save Saved
You added Regency Hotel - Queen's Gate to your Saves list
Regency Hotel - Queen's Gate
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   100 Queen's Gate | South Kensington, London SW7 5AG, England (Earls Court)   |
Ranked #430 of 1,073 hotels in London
Khartoum, Sudan
“A good staff makes the difference”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

I have stayed at the regency with my husband and my 6years old son
In the second week of August .
The hotel was acceptable and very clean.
Actually I am writing to thanks to a member of the staff that saved my son's life!!
He is a little boy full of energy and while we were having breakfast he was playing around and at some point he was running and eating an apple!
The worst happened and a bit of apple got stacked on his throat,I went to the toilet and was desperate only crying because my little boy was about to suffocate but there was an young lady replacing the towels that reacted very fast and came to help me straight way,she hold my son with his back against her and pushed his chest and he spited the piece of apple.
After he said that her name is Anna and that she help him before when she saw him lost,this girl is extremely kind and has a warming smile which made my son feel comfortable to ask her help because normally he does not talk specially because we are from Sudan.
I wanted to see her to give her a small present but could not find her,if someone can,please tell her how grateful I am!
If she wasn't there I do not know what could happen because I was in panic.
On this day this angel named Anna save my baby life And I will never be able to retry.
Congratulations Regency Hotel for having such a good and capable staff!
I will definitely go back and recommend the Hotel

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

783 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Mansfield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

We booked the Regency for a Monday to Saturday break in London and were very pleased with our choice. The hotel is on Queensgate in South Kensington, about 5 minutes walk from the tube station there. We had paid extra for a Queensgate room, facing onto the street as it included free wi fi in the room and access to a small lounge area where a light breakfast and various drinks were available. The room we were allocated did face onto the street, but we were up in the roof which meant that it was actually quite a small room. This was ok as we didn't plan to spend a lot of time there but there was a dire lack of storage for anyone staying more than a couple of nights. There was a single wardrobe and no drawers apart from those in the desk. There was also no storage for the suitcases, which were not large, we ended up putting one in the gap that had obviously been designed for the fridge and the other just had to stand on the floor at the end of the desk. We were pleased it was a reasonable summer and we didn't need big coats etc!! We did have a lovely view from the window but we had to kneel up on the window seat to look out, no floor to ceiling windows for this Queensgate room!! We also had no chairs apart from the desk chair and the in built window seat.
The staff were generally friendly and helpful and the service in the Elysium lounge was fine, we went for the light breakfast most days and it was usually yogurt, fruit and pastries with juice and tea and coffee. Tea and coffee were available most of the day, usually with a cake or pastry or something, In the early evening you could also have wine, beer and soft drinks with canapés and this was a nice way to start an evening out.
The very best thing was the location of the hotel. There were lots of nice places to eat within 5 minutes walk, there were two mini supermarkets and we were only minutes from the V & A, Science museum etc and 15 minutes walk from the Royal Albert Hall. We had booked for one of the BBC prom concerts and it was lovely when we left and were able to pass through all the people waiting for lifts of dashing for tubes or taxi's or buses and we could just have a pleasant stroll down Queensgate.
We did eat in the hotel a couple of times, we had afternoon tea in the terrace area which was pleasant and very filling although I'd never had an afternoon tea before where you had half a toasted muffin included! It was nice though. Then on our last morning we decided to have breakfast in the restaurant as we were travelling and knew we would probably only have snacks until we got home. My son had waffles and I had smoked salmon and scrambled egg, They were both nice although we had to wait quite a while for somebody to actually take the order. They were very apologetic when they did come and were subsequently very attentive.
All in all, our stay in the Regency was a very pleasant experience but its' main attraction really was the location. I think I would have given it full marks if the room had been better, but it was very small and the shower room was tiny with no reall ventilation, so soon steamed up when the shower was running. I would stay in Queensgate again but not sure if it would be at the Regency specifically...

Room Tip: Go for a Queensgate room if possible but specify not in the roof!!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

My party of four stayed at The Regency Hotel for one night on Saturday 24th August. Unless we can come to some arrangement with the hotel, we will certainly not be staying there again. Check-in time is at 2pm so when we arrived at 2:35pm, we assumed our rooms would be ready, however, they were not. The receptionist quite frankly didn't seem to care less and made so effort to resolve the situation, not even offering us a complementary coffee/tea whilst we waited for the room to be ready. Secondly, whilst the food was lovely, the service at breakfast was disgusting. We were forever waiting around, waiting for the orange juice to be topped up, waiting for bowls so we could have cereal etc. There were no teaspoons on the table so ended up stirring our drink with the end of our knives, we had to clear our own dirty plates and bowls as no one came over to do so. Our breakfast got given to the wrong table, we asked 3 seperate staff for some toast which eventually came after we had finished. Everything about the service was a complete shambles to be quite frank. For a four star hotel, I would expect MUCH better and for staff to at least look like they are making an effort.
I have written to the hotel with my concerns so I do hope to receive a response soon.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Parkville, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

Regency Hotel- august-2013

We just returned from our recent trip to London where we stayed at the Regency Hotel for the second time. We’re already planning another trip to the UK and plan to stay at the Regency again while we are there. The rooms we always book are the “club” rooms (meaning small with no real view). Having said that, we have never been disappointed because we know what we’re getting. We like the Regency because the rooms are ultra modern and very clean. There are plenty of outlets for you to plug in and charge your laptops, Ipad and Iphone. (Make sure to bring your own converter!)

One of the real selling points for the hotel is that it’s a short 5-minute walk from the South Kensington underground station. Making it even better is the Zetland Arms Pub halfway between the tube station and the hotel. This pub is a great place for a drink or full meal on the way back to the hotel. We’d suggest you avoid the hotel restaurant. The full English breakfast is over-priced and service is slow.

We have used the Heathrow Shuttle service the hotel offers both times to get us back to the airport and have always been pleased with the service.

The hotel desk staff are quick, efficient and will do everything they can possibly do to make your stay there pleasant. The WIFI service is expensive. It’s not the Ritz, but we weren’t expecting it anyway. We will go back because we know what we’re going to get..

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

I stayed at the hotel between Apr 23 and Apr 28 2013. First of all, the hotel has a very good location, about 5 minutes walk from the South Kensington Tube stationand it is near good restaurants (try La Bouchee, it's very good and charming) and pubs. The hotel offers wi-fi in rooms (for a charge) and it works very well. I payed the wi-fi service when I booked the room on the hotel's website because it was cheaper. Despite the room was a little bit small, it was very comfortable. The bed is very good. There wasn't a mini fridge in my room. All in all, the hotel is a very good option to stay in London for a good price.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Stalbridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

This hotel has got to be up there as one of my all time favorites.I have stayed many many times and still i cannot fault it.
The food is excellent, a particular fav is the maple duck breast with asparagus risotto.
In a central location, just a short walk to the national history museum.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Wakefield, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

The Hotel was nice and clean and rather posh in reception

I wouldn't pay the full price for this hotel as the rooms we stayed in would not really classify for 4* however I would give them a solid 3

The main issue was the noise from outside the door, they seem to be far too thin and you can hear people on a morning going in and out of rooms.

The beds are also a tad hard which doesn't help with having a good nights sleep

The rooms are very clean and modern and all designed very well however the usb wall input didn't function as the television did not have a usb input

They provide all your normal tea and coffee making facilities and overall it was a good stay

Room Tip: If placed on the ground floor ask for a different room
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Regency Hotel - Queen's Gate? Share your experiences!