“Great Place for Business and Vacation” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Regency Hotel - Queen's Gate

You added Regency Hotel - Queen's Gate to your Saves list
Regency Hotel - Queen's Gate
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   100 Queen's Gate | South Kensington, London SW7 5AG, England (Earls Court)   |
Ranked #483 of 1,066 Hotels in London
Danville, California
“Great Place for Business and Vacation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

About 10 years ago I had a change of plans and needed to find a place to stay for a few nights in London. I remembered walking by the London Regency on previous visits to London and liked the exterior of the Hotel. Because I was in the South Kensington Area and had some time, I went to the hotel rather than call for a reservation I was immediately impressed with the courtesy and professionalism of the Front Desk staff and the cleanliness of the lobby. They had rooms available and recommended a Queensgate Room which I have always requested whenever I come to London. If i am alone it's the double, if I am with my wife it is the twin. Like the lobby, the rooms are immaculate. My wife loves the large bath towels and bathrobes. My wife is not a big breakfast person but when we are staying at the London Regency, breakfast in the traditional English Style dinning room is a must. Great location and Great neighborhood!! The London Underground and buses to a wide variety of London locations are a few minutes walk from the hotel. I can recommend it for Business, Couples, Family, Friends and Solo as I have experienced all of these situations

Room Tip: We like the Queensgate rooms
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (160)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Perth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

Location was perfect with everything at your doorstep! The staff was sensational and were always happy to help. We had two rooms interconnecting which was spacious and like an apartment. Would love to stay here again and would recommend this hotel to any of my friends and family!

San Jose, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

Hotel Regency is an excellent choice in central London. Located in a nice, a bit upscale neighborhood of South Kensington, it was renovated during the London Olympics time. Rooms are contemporary, clean and spacious enough. Our room opened onto the main street and we could open our windows for a change for a nice breeze at night! The staff was efficient and warm. The concierge was very helpful, friendly, made the right suggestions and made our reservations. We did not use their breakfast or the restaurant because there are so many choices all around the neighborhood. Very convenient to reach all the tourist attractions via the tube. It was a very pleasant stay indeed.

Gloucester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

We have just used this hotel as a stop-over as we were going to a venue in the Royal Albert Hall. We weren't disappointed - this hotel was actually very good. We stayed on the 5th floor in room 507 which looked out onto the road at the front. Well it would have done had the window not been so high that you had to stand on a chair to look out. It felt a bit like being in a very swanky cell! This is the first of two reasons why it doesn't get 5 out of 5.

One thing that I did find a little peculiar was that it had curiously narrow corridors, but other than that, it had lots of up-market features.

For example - I liked the blue nightlight that illuminated the bottom 40 cm of the room, so that you could always see where you were going when the main lights were off.

I liked the super-clean facilities, fabulously clean bathroom, and the air conditioning was a must when you bear in mind it was 30 degrees outside. The bed in room 507 has to have been the most comfortable bed I've ever slept in in London, and I'm not a good sleeper when I'm away from home.

Breakfast was more than ample, but wasn't included in the hotel price.

On the night we stayed we used room service and were really pleasantly surprised by the quality of the food. We had pizza, I had a tomato and mozarella salad and e had some chunky chips. This plus a bottle of wine. What was nice was that it looked like someone had taken time over this meal - it didn't feel like it had been shoved in a microwave.

So what was my second (and final) gripe? I recently stayed in Torquay and complained in my review about the fact that these days soap and shampoo in hotel bathrooms seem to come out of dispensers. Don't have a problem with that as such - I do have a problem though as a bather, when the dispenser over the bath is at shoulder height if you are standing in the shower. In other words - you can't get any soap if you are lying in the bath. Come on Regency - can't you put a second one in lower down?

Other than this we really did enjoy our stay. The hotel staff were really lovely - very caring and couldn't do enough for us. Will we stay again - I would think this is highly likely.

Thanks Regency. Next time I'd like to give it a 5 out of 5.

Room Tip: Rooms at the front of the building have probably mostly (if not all) got high windows - so no good i...
Lafayette, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

Hotel in a great location, close to shops, restaurants and the tube. Staff was wonderful, very friendly and knowledgeable. The concierage was extremely helpful in recommending best ways to get places and getting vouchers/tickets for places we wished to tour. The room was relatively small, but in excellent condition with excellent housekeeping. Breakfast was excellent and included in our reservation. Our flight arrived in the morning and we were thrilled that they let us check in before noon, after our long flight. We noticed others doing the same on following days, so must be a standard practice. We stayed here a week and loved it. Would definitely stay here again and recommend it to others.

LA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

The best part of this hotel is the neighborhood; you stay for a few days and you feel like you live there. Out of the city bustle but easy access to everything. Its right across the street from the Kensington Hotel. They seem to be very similar. I prefer the Regency simply because if its more modern and less affected decor. I also like it because it has the character of a local hotel; its not just another Grand Hyatt or Hilton, although if that is what you are looking for you will not be happy at this hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Phoenix
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

I booked my reservation from a referral from a friend. On arrival I walked into this beautiful lobby and was welcomed as if I were an old friend. I arrived several days before my husband arrived. Everyone from the manager to all the staff couldn't do enough for me. The ambiance of the hotel felt like a small cozy hotel even though it is a very large hotel. The dinning room also felt like I was sitting in a cozy room. The hotel was extremely clean and very comfortable. The beds were amazing. The hotel is in a very convenient and safe area. I walked all over including Hyde Park, Kensington Gardens, Harrod's department store and several museums. There are 2 stops for the Tube about a 5 minute walk from the hotel. On our next trip to London we will definitely stay at the Regency Hotel

Room Tip: From what I saw any room would be a good choice.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Regency Hotel - Queen's Gate? Share your experiences!