“room newly refurbished but very small” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Regency Hotel - Queen's Gate

You added Regency Hotel - Queen's Gate to your Saves list
Regency Hotel - Queen's Gate
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   100 Queen's Gate | South Kensington, London SW7 5AG, England (Earls Court)   |
Ranked #484 of 1,066 Hotels in London

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (160)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Aberystwyth
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights, and the room wasn't the largest! As a 4 star hotel in a nice location I expected better, but I was on my own and had a double/twin room and it was quite cosy! If there were 2 in the room it would feel a bit cramped. I did request a double bed, but I got 2 twin beds, but I don't know if they actually do double beds or if their 'double' rooms are 2 twin beds pushed together. The room was clean, and so was the bathroom (which was also small), and there were sufficient towels. The air conditioning unit kept clicking during the night too which was quite annoying, and I asked a hotel engineer but he didn't do much. The television was nice and large and had a good variety of channels. Breakfast was a bit of a let down (I had it included but if I didn't it would have cost £10 extra), being a posh 4 star hotel I expected better with those prices. A poor continental spread I would call it, a few rolls and croissants, ham and cheese, cereals, muffins, fruit and yoghurt. Everything cost extra as well, for full English it was an extra £6, and there were other options for extra prices, and for a 4 star hotel I expected at least some warm options at no extra charge. Also, after beeing shown to my chair, I was told that they would bring me tea or coffee. 20 minutes passed and I had to attract one of the waiters' attention to fetch me tea. I booked through travel republic and I booked it with breakfast, but when I checked in they tried to tell me I'd booked room only, not bed and breakfast. I showed them the paperwork and they rectified it. Overall, a rather disappointing stay for the price, location and stars.

Room Tip: Cheaper rooms are very small.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

Nice Clean hotel in Kensington. Short distance to the Tube, restaurants and museums. Quite small rooms however and 10 £ for internet access is just irritating. Good service at the reception. Quiet room towards the backyard.

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012 via mobile

I had a wonderful experience staying at this hotel. The rooms were small but extremely clean. The one concern that i had was regarding the AC which wasn't programmable.

Considering the location of this hotel, there are really no better choice. I absolutely loved the neighborhood that the Regency was in because it was within walking distance of Chelsea (King's Road), museums, Kensington Garden/Palace, SouKen hotspots (Boujis), Knightsbridge shops and etc. In the end, I would definitely return to this hotel the next time I visit London.

• Stayed August 2012
Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

My partner and I stayed at the Regency Hotel for one week after it was recommended to us from family. We arrived to the hotel via cab from London Victoria (nominal fee), but it would have been just as easy to travel to the hotel via tube, which we found easy to navigate and would have only been a few stops.

When we arrived, we were informed we received a complimentary room upgrade, yippy! We appreciated the extra space and floor to ceiling windows in our room, however, found sleeping to be quite noisy as we were overlooking the intersection the hotel is located at. The hotel is decorated stylishly and it was nice to have lots of plug ins for our devices in the room. We also found the staff to be friendly and always available to serve us.

I can't say enough about the location of this hotel. Only a 5 minute walk from South Kensington tube station (also a bus stop less than 30 seconds walk from hotel) and in a quiet neighbourhood where you'll find locals and tourists, and lots of pubs to keep you content (highly recommend Angelsea Arms - turn right out of the hotel and keep walking for 5 minutes it will be on the right-always jumping, we couldn't believe it!). We felt safe and secure walking around in this neighbourhood at any time. There are lots of restaurants and stores around to eat, drink, and pick up any items you may require while on vacation.

We had breakfast included in our rate and enjoyed this very much (usually costs 17 Euros a head; in which case we would have preferred to eat at Pret A Manger near the tube station). Breakfast included whatever you wanted from the cold buffet (fresh fruit, fruit salad, yogurt, branded cereal, coffee/tea, variety of juice, muffins, bread and hot stuff from the kitchen ie: ploughmans breakfast that included eggs, sausage and bacon, tomatoes, beans, homefries, and toast).

The only criticisms I have regarding this hotel is that paying $10 daily to use their limited gym is bogus. As well, we didn't like that we were pressured into going down to the lobby bar for drinks after asking for a wine glass and ice for our room. Aside from that, this was the perfect place to stay for our perfect visit to London!

Room Tip: Ask to not be close to the intersection or you'll hear pedestrians and honking horns at night!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
motril
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

We found this hotel to be ideally located for all that we needed and close to the points of interest we wished to visit. Although the facade is old and very characterful the interior has obviously been recently well renovated. The room was actually quite small but very well-equipped with a comfortable bed. All the facilities worked well and contributed to a very satisfactory stay.
We found the reception staff to be welcoming friendly and pleased to offer requested information.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

The recently re-decorated Regency Hotel in Queens Gate is a satisfying accommodation in a very pleasant area of London. Conveniently close to the subway. Small bedrooms, but nicely decorated. Suggestion: they should put instructions for the lighting systems on the wall as it is very confusing at first. Good breakfast and very pleasant staff.

Room Tip: We stayed on the fifth floor and the room was very quiet and sunny. Close to elevators.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Been to Regency Hotel - Queen's Gate? Share your experiences!