“Great location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Rathbone Hotel

You added Rathbone Hotel to your Saves list
Rathbone Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   30 Rathbone Street | Fitzrovia, London W1T 1LB, England (Fitzrovia)   |
Ranked #348 of 1,049 Hotels in London
Certificate of Excellence 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014 via mobile

What a lovely hotel, the room was so beautiful with traditional decor and fittings. The staff couldn't have been any friendlier or helpful. A few minutes walk to the west end and just as close to soho. We will be back.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Miguel S, Assistant Hotel Manager at Rathbone Hotel, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
Thank you for your lovely comments following your stay with us.

I am very pleased that you found the décor of the Rathbone Hotel beautiful. Thank you for mentioning the helpfulness of the staff, they will be very pleased with it.

Miguel Silva

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
Gurgaon, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

Very conveniently located, about 10 minutes walk from Oxford Circus. This property is just stone's throw away from some really vibrant restaurants and bars in Soho. Though slightly old fashioned for my taste and rooms are somewhat small yet very clean property which matters more for me. Staff is super helpful and very courteous. I just wished they had remembered to inform me that Wi-fi was included in my base rate so I could have turned off my international roaming and saved some for a better tip. Breakfast is slightly overpriced given that the neighborhood has several more appealing options. Overall I felt it worth the price for a business traveller given the convenience factor. I would be happy to stay go back again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your kind review.

We always aim to exceed our guest’s expectations of service and it is always rewarding to hear that these efforts are noticed. I will pass on the comments to our staff who will be thrilled with such nice review.

We are looking forward to welcome you in the near future.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

Having braced myself for another rip off night in London, I was astonished to discover The Rathbone Hotel which is ...well, nice! It is very handily located near Tottenham Court Road, a short walk from Oxford Street, and a 15 minute walk from Euston. The room service menu is uninspiring, so I popped out to Sainsburys Local, bought my tea, and spent a very nice evening working and watching the Champions League. For anyone with a less dull life, the surrounding area is full of small, interesting looking bars and restaurants. The room was clean, the bathroom functional, and the breakfast was...nice ( although at £15 so it should be! - one day hotels will realise that they will sell more breakfasts if they cut the cost). Recommended for location and service - and the concierge is really...nice and helpful!

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your review.

I am pleased to hear that you found our location handy and the hotel nice.
I am disappointed that you thought that our room service menu is somewhat uninspiring, but we are working every day in new ideas, and on your next visit I am sure that we will have some new items that will leave you mouth-watering, like our English breakfast did.
I will also pass on your comments to our concierge, who will be delighted.

I hope to see you again soon at The Rathbone.

Buckinghamshire, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014 via mobile

Comfortable stay in this boutique hotel rooms adequate and very clean not too far to walk to the theatres and to covent garden so fairly central. The white company toiletries and tea and coffee making facilities in the room. The best feature about this hotel is the breakfast which was freshly made and very tasty. Over priced but it is central London and you do get what you have paid for. Overall not a bad stay.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your kind comments following your stay with us.

Thank you for mentioning the breakfast, one of our best assets at the Rathbone, freshly prepared every morning by our Chef, and our toiletries. It is on the small details that we try to improve every day, to keep our standards high, and receive well.

leicestershire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014 via mobile

Really love the location, close to lots of restaurants. Small but intimate reception and bar. Like the fact it is less corporate. The rooms are ok but bathroom tired, but I believe the hotel are upgrading them, they need to for what they charge. Friendly, helpful staff. Plenty of choice if you prefer breakfast out of the hotel. Have visited many times and will again .

• Stayed February 2014
Thank you for sharing this kind comments following your visit to The Rathbone Hotel.

I will pass on your lovely comments to our team who will be very happy and it will motivate them even more to welcome all our future guests. I am pleased that you will keep coming to The Rathbone Hotel.

We are looking forward to your next visit.

Kind regards,
Birmingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

We booked this hotel at a discount rate. Its in a fantastic location, just off Charlotte Street which has a great range of bars and food all on the doorstep. Its also easy to walk to theatres and shopping on Oxford Street.
The staff were very friendly, the room was comfortable and clean and the breakfast was first rate for fresh fruit and tasty breads with great coffee ( a must have in my view!). So all in all a great choice, particularly if the rooms are selling at a discount.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your lovely comments following your stay with us.

I am very pleased that your time at the Rathbone was of your liking. Thank you for mentioning the breakfast, one of our best assets at the Rathbone, freshly prepared every morning by our Chef.

London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

I bboked for one night as we had a special accasion and needed to stay in the area. Read some reviews and was not sure what to expect. The reality was rather nice.
Check in - friendly and very good; got upgraded without even asking. The hotel looked very nice from outside and inside; the bar looked really nice but we did not checked it out.
the room was superb, I stayed in many hotel rooms but this one was exceptional. The best of it was that the room did not looked like a hotel room but a posh bedroom in a classy house. The bed was very good and big; the bathroom was fantastic.
We did not have any food there, so can't comment on this.
All in all, really nice stay in a superb location; would definitelly come back.

Recommend? Hell, no - I'll keep it to myself! :))

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share your lovely comments following your stay with us.

I am absolutely delighted that you enjoyed your visit to the Rathbone Hotel and plan on staying again when coming to London.

I am very pleased that your experience was one to remember, and all the staff from the Rathbone thanks your kind comments.

Miguel Silva

Been to Rathbone Hotel? Share your experiences!