“Wonderfully modern room at a great price.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Novotel London Tower Bridge

Save Saved
You added Novotel London Tower Bridge to your Saves list
Novotel London Tower Bridge
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   10 Pepys Street, London EC3N 2NR, England (City of London)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
UP TO 40% OFF THIS SUMMER
Ranked #225 of 1,073 hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Wonderfully modern room at a great price.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

The room was a reasonable size with good amenities, modern coffee machine, good sized tv, aircon, computer and USB ports, excellent lighting and bathroom (love the shower). All this for £85 a night - I've been to a lot worse for a lot more. Saying all this I didn't eat in hotel - 'reasonable' starts with the price of breakfast, and this wasn't. Probably will go back though.

• Stayed February 2013
Christophe P, Manager at Novotel London Tower Bridge, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience following your stay at the Novotel London Tower Bridge.
I am really glad to read you enjoyed your stay with us, like our spacious room with its modern amenities like for example the complimentary Nespresso machines, the large flat screen TV as well as our computer and USB ports inbuilt system. I am also very happy that you liked our new and modern bathrooms and of course that your will choose us for your next stay.
We look forward to welcoming you back very soon in our hotel for your future visit in London.

1,554 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
Rugby, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

Room was okay, bed actually very comfy and amenities fine (although the TV remote didn't work - some battery jiggling sorted that out though) adn the air con was completely ineffective, had it turned down to 5 degrees and it made not one bit of different; you can't sleep with the window open because of the noise (usual for London I would think). It all fell apart when we had our evening meal in the restaurant - without a doubt, the worst meal I've ever had in a hotel EVER! Because we were on a business account we could order dinner up to a fairly generous £30 for food and this was barely enough to have a starter, one of the cheapest mains and a dessert - and you'll need all three if you want to feel as if you've had a meal because the portion sizes were ridiculously small. Squid for starter, three small pieces. Beef noodles for main and I'd struggle to justify it being a starter size - insulting and quite frankly a rip-off at £16!! Hardly any beef, just some noodles and slices of pepper. Take my advice, go out of the hotel if you want a decent meal - the Natural Kitchen just over the road is similar prices but ten times the value and much better quality, with two very nice cocktails for a tenner from 5-8 pm...

Room Tip: Avoid rooms at the front of the hotel - colleagues hardly slept a wink it was so noisy.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience following your stay with us.
I am grateful for your extensive comments and we will look into the different subjects you have been referring to. I can already reassure you that your feedback will be very helpful to us.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the Novotel London Tower Bridge for your future stay in London.
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

On arrival the room was cold, so we turned on the air-con at maximum heat. No difference, so we reported the problem to Reception. A small oil heater was brought up, not really adequate - fix the air-con Novotel!
We ate a pretty average evening meal, I think my omelette arrived rather too quickly (?!), and was so not freshly cooked. Breakfast was a BIG disappointment; there were three very dried-up fried eggs left at 10.00am (brekky served until 12 noon) and a pan full of hard, dried-up inedible bacon. I asked the staff to cook fresh eggs and bacon; the response was two under-cooked eggs and two under-cooked rasher od bacon for me - and the dried-up stuff was left on the warmer. I asked one fo the staff why this inedible food was left for everyone else to suffer, and was met with a blank stare (not sure they understood the English). Very disappointing experience. I stayed at this hotel around 8 years ago, and it has definitely deteriorated since.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Christophe P, Manager at Novotel London Tower Bridge, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Thank you very much for your feedback following your stay at the Novotel London Tower Bridge.
I am really surprised to read your comments on our breakfast as well as on our hotel having deteriorated since your last visit, 8 years ago. Although I am very appreciative that you shared your experience with us, I am a bit confused that you are complaining on points, for which we are usually getting a lot of extremely positive feedback of our customers. Nonetheless, I will look into these matters, to make sure we didn’t fail on this particular occasion and if needed, take whatever measures to prevent future occurrence.
Once again, thank for your time and we look forward to welcoming you back to our property for your future visit in London.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Stayed for one night in this Hotel and I can't wait to go back. The room was clean and modern, staff helpful and the breakfast was fantastic so much choice. Would recommend this hotel and will definitely be back.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Christophe P, Manager at Novotel London Tower Bridge, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Thank you for very your kind comments, compliments and also for this fantastic 5* rating, left here on Tripadvisor following your stay in our hotel.
I am delighted that you had such a great time with us, liking our modern, clean rooms and having had such a fantastic breakfast with so much choice. I am also very pleased to see that our staff made all the difference by being so helpful and of course that you are recommending our property.
We look forward to welcoming you back very soon In the Novotel London Tower Bridge.
Manchester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I recently stayed at the Novotel Tower Bridge on business. The location was fantastic as it was not only round the corner from where I work but also right next to the river, tower of london and tower bridge (hence the name).

The room itself was nicer than most I've stayed in previously in London and beats the Ibis down the road in terms of both location and presentation. The bathroom was clean and the room well presented with a pretty comfortable bed. Only round the corner from Tower hill tube and a short walk to Aldgate.

My only issue with the place was that a cleaning supply cupboard backed on/in to my room and had a door leading to it from my room. When the cleaners were in there early in the morning they shouted and joked with each other very loudly and made quite a racket which woke me up as they were only on the other side of a door. Coupled with the banging about of moving a hoover or a supplies trolley or whatever it may have been and there was no chance I was getting back to sleep.

If it wasn't for this I'd have given 5*. In terms of price it isn't the cheapest but cyou can't beat it for location.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
I am very appreciative of your constructive comments and these will surely help us to improve ourselves. I am also very pleased to see that liked our very comfortable, clean rooms as well as our bathrooms and that our central location, next to the underground station of Tower Hill was so very convenient to you.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the Novotel London Tower Bridge for your future visit in London.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

Stayed here this month whilst attending a training course having trusted the Novotel brand before - must admit I was particularly impressed with the level of service here. The staff were all very friendly and efficient and made my stay much more enjoyable. The room service meals were of a high quality and an impressive array at breakfast. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Thank you very much for this very nice review of our property following your stay and I am also very grateful for this excellent 5 star rating.
It is a real pleasure to see that a trusted Novotel customer as you have enjoyed our hotel so much. I am very happy to see you have liked our room service meals and our rich breakfast offer and that you have been impressed by the level of the service we provide to all of our customers.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the Novotel London Tower Bridge for your next stay in London.
Broadway, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

Bog standard hotel, clean and comfortable bar and food expensive! A little out of the way when the tube line is closed for the weekend. Bar snacks for 7 with drinks £170 !! View from room was very poor for the money.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Christophe P, Manager at Novotel London Tower Bridge, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review on Tripadvisor following your visit in our hotel.
It is a great pleasure to see that you enjoyed your stay at the Novotel London Tower Bridge.
I really look forward to seeing you again in our hotel for your next visit in London.
Kind regards,

Been to Novotel London Tower Bridge? Share your experiences!