“One of the best hotels we have stayed in” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Novotel London Tower Bridge

Save Saved
You added Novotel London Tower Bridge to your Saves list
Novotel London Tower Bridge
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   10 Pepys Street, London EC3N 2NR, England (London Bridge)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
SAVE UP TO 30% OFF
Ranked #234 of 1,063 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
Birmingham
“One of the best hotels we have stayed in”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

We stayed at the Novotel for Remembrance weekend with my husband and parents. We had two executive rooms which I can not fault at all. The staff were helpful & courteous, the rooms were excellent, modern, clean & comfortable. The only critisism that I have is that the breakfasts were advertised at from £15.95 and we would never pay that amount for a breakfast. There is a Wetherspoons just around the corner about 150 yards away and the breakfasts were fantastic and affordable. On the whole this hotel was great and suited our needs. The location was great and quiet on the weekend as it is in the financial district and most shops were closed at the weekend. We also found St Katharine's dock which is near to Tower Bridge and there are quite a few Bistros and the atmosphere is lovely there.

Room Tip: Executive rooms are great, roomy & modern.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
NLTB, Manager at Novotel London Tower Bridge, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Thank for choosing the Novotel London Tower Bridge and commenting your stay here on Tripadvisor.
I am so pleased to see that you liked our property, with its modern, clean as well as confortable rooms and of course our helpful and courteous staff. It is always a satisfaction to read that our central location, close to the Tower Hill underground station as well as to the Tower of London or Tower Bridge was so convenient to you and your family.
We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel for your next visit in London.
Christophe Pfeilstücker, Operations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

Stayed as a family of 4 adults, and 2 children aged 12 and 3. Our experience of this hotel was excellent. Staff could have not been more helpful, especially when we lost a very special spoon belonging to our 3 year old (althoughit never was found, which isn't surprising amongst all the hundreds of teaspoons) but the staff did try their best, so cannot fault that. Our adjoining rooms were well equipped, clean and very comfortable. Breakfast was excellent too and even if you had to pay the £15.00 pp with all you could eat it was very well worth it. Dishes always being replenished and tables cleared quickly. The position of the hotel was excellent too with the Tube station just 2 minutes away. Also the ferry to Greenwich just a 10 minute walk. All in all an extremely good experience and one I would hope to repeat. Thank you to all the staff at this hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you very much you for taking the time to give us your feedback online following your stay at our hotel.
I am happy to read that your experience in property was so excellent for you and your entire family liking our spacious rooms and our generous breakfast offer. I am also pleased to see that our central location, next Tower Hill underground station or its pier was so very convenient to you. What a satisfaction to read that you want to repeat the experience and of course I will pass on your thanks to our team.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the Novotel London Tower Bridge for your next stay in London.
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

My boyfriend had a business trip to London during the Paralympics this past summer,so I decided to tag along. The brazilian team were staying at the same hotel! We stayed at the Novotel since it was close to my boyfriend's work. Anyway, the service at the hotel was good. However, I do like having access to Wi-Fi and didn't get any since you had to pay for it prior to using it. You would have to go downstairs and check on the lobby computer. The bathroom was nice and had a comfy bed. I did like the location of the hotel, of course when I didn't get lost of the streets of London.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
I am glad to see you liked our convenient location, our comfortable rooms with their nice bathrooms and our free business centre. I am sure; you will be pleased to hear, that since the beginning of this month we do offer free Wi-Fi in our all of our hotel.
Zurich, Switzerland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

This has been a mega disappointment even for a 4-star, or perhaps I should say, especially for a 4-star property. First the pluses: just around the corner from Tower Hill Station, reachable by both Circle and District lines and right in front of Tower of London, the river and the Tower Bridge. That's about where the positives end. Unfriendly, rather clueless service, no offer of any assistance with anything at all, be it which way is the lift, or re any maps or things in the area. When one asks for advice, it is impossible to get any decent help with anything, including how to get places, so get on google maps down in the foyer, you will have better luck as I was led down the proverbial "garden path" by one of the annoyed looking reception staff. The front desk seems constantly understaffed, most of the time there only 2 people and lines of people checking in or out. Simple request of an umbrella when it was pouring down with rain was a 20min exercise in waiting time as lines built.

I was first put in room 725 which was horrible freezing little hole, unrenovated and with most horrid soft ancient bed I have had the misfortune to sleep in in the last 10 years. You could feel the content of it and it bent under normal weight to the point where my back was wrecked after only 1 night in it. Pillows horrid lumps of synthetic something and no choices given of anything else. The bathroom had fixtures circa 1972 even with manual bath plug and rusted shower head, and it stunk of moisture damage and sewerage! The heater in the room (a manual aircon type control) simply did not work, so after a freezing sleepless night I was moved to another room the next day. Bruno on the front desk, perhaps the only friendly person there, was extremely apologetic, and when I said if he knows that the rooms are this inadequate and old, why are they putting full paying guests into them (I booked through hotel website), he just apologised, said he was aware of it but they were fully booked and would move me the next day. So for the following 2 nights they put me in room 328, "with free upgrade", I assume that means that the bed is more modern and does not bend to the floor, making squeaky noises that wake up one at night and heating instead of freezing to death - so I advise you to demand this "upgrade" as of right. Housekeeping was very ordinary also, in the "upgraded room", in 2 nights I stayed there noone put any shampoo or conditioner though it was present in the "freezer" of the room I first was put in, Nepresso machine did not work, and the tea was not replaced from the day before. They are all small things but annoying considering how much one pays here per night.

I was relocated to shower only room and it did not drain, the sink also filled up to half when one has water running for any period of time and did not drain for a very long time. The internet though complimentary is extremely slow wishing you to throw your Notebook Air out of the window out of frustration - it is that bad. The room service staff very friendly and helpful, chicken ceasar salad, average but edible, but club sandwich ordered with brown bread, and confirmed as such, came as a white bread soggy creation, barely edible. If you are starving and have little time, walk a little towards Fenchurch station down the road which has some decent pubs and places to eat as well as the usual modern day fixtures in cafes etc. Will not stay here again, not even for 170 pounds that it cost me to stay here. Surely there are 3-star establishments cheaper and better out there that are better value, this is definitely not a 4 star worthy stay.

Room Tip: Stay away from the old poor functioning 7th floor room, Rm 238 faces onto quiet courtyard with nice...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
I would like to thak you for this long and very detailed review. We will look into the different points you have mentioned and will do our outmost to make sure to prevent any future disappointments or occurrence.
We hope we will be able to welcome you back to the Novotel London Tower Bridge for a future stay in London.
Pacific Grove, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

Whilst the rooms are a little small the location, service and breakfast make up for it. We are a family of 4 (2 teenagers) and found the fact that we were only a 2 min walk from the tube and 2 min walk from the most magnificent view of the tower of london and thames all lit up to have added so much to the trip that we will definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: We had a room with 2 queens which was fine but their wasnt very much floor/walking space once suitca...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
I am happy to see that our central location, close to the Thames, the Tower of London or the underground station of Tower Hill has been so convenient to you and your family. It is also a great pleasure to read that you enjoyed our rich breakfast offer and that our staff has always delivered a good service. Finally, I am particularly glad to see that you would definitely stay with us again and therefore we look forward to welcoming you and your family back to our hotel for your next visit in London.
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Rooms: Stayed here for a 2 night city break. Price was reasonable for London, booked through a separate agent. We were upgraded to an executive triple room on check-in. Room was spotlessly clean, consisted of one king size bed and one fold out bed. Bathroom had walk in shower with rainfall shower. Room also had mini bar, coffee machine and bose docking station for an ipod. Worth noting that the wall of the bathroom is glass, with the shower beside it. There is a button which frosts the glass for privacy, but it might not suit everyone as it is not entirely private. I don't know if all rooms have this or just executive rooms.

Location: Located within walking distance from the Tower of London and London Bridge attractions. Just around the corner from Tower Hill metro station, making it easy to access the rest of the city. Not much happening in the immediate area, a few pubs and restaurants scattered around, mostly wetherspoon type pubs and wagamama/pizza express type places to dine. Tip: Bodeans BBQ on Bywards Street is worth a visit, good food and reasonable prices.

Food: We had dinner at the hotel on our first night, what we had was very nice albeit a bit more than we would normally pay for dinner, but after a long day sightseeing we were just happy to sit down. Breakfast was included in our room price and was very nice, good selection of hot and cold foods, although I doubt I'd have paid the £15.95 each for it had it not been included in the room price!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
NLTB, Manager at Novotel London Tower Bridge, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Thank you so much you for taking the time to give us your feedback online following your stay at the Novotel London Tower Bridge.
It is very nice to see that you took so much time to go into details and leave valuable information to us and other users of Tripadvisor. I am pleased that you had such a great stay, liking our modern newly renovated rooms, our excellent central location and our great selection for diner as well for breakfast.
I am particularly pleased that you would stay again in the future.
We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel for your next stay in London.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Stayed in this novotel because of the locality, it was just perfect. We had evening walks along the Thames and over Tower Bridge which i might add is magnificent... There are plenty of places to eat or just sit and have a coffee and all with a great view.The hotel was spotless, the rooms were a great size,and all the staff were great. The breakfast was top notch (mostly because i didnt have to cook it). My only gripe is that we were left without any toilet tissue in our bathroom after our room had been cleaned. My husband tracked down the room cleaner to ask for a toilet roll and after some explaining of what he was asking for was promptly told NO...( I think a lack of understanding English was the problem) so i had to ask housekeeping for one and waited nearly 2 hours for it.. resulting in using tissue from my coat pocket....Apart from this little hick-up we woud deffiantly return to this Hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
I am glad that you brought to my attention this issue with the toilett paper and I make sure that this will not occur again in the future.
It is such a great pleasure to read that you enjoyed your stay so much, starting with the location of our property, next to the underground and major touristic attractions, our rooms, our particular care towards cleanliness and of course the quality of our staff.
Christophe Pfeilstücker, Operations Manager

Been to Novotel London Tower Bridge? Share your experiences!