“Lovely hotel, great food, good price, great stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Novotel London Tower Bridge

You added Novotel London Tower Bridge to your Saves list
Novotel London Tower Bridge
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   10 Pepys Street, London EC3N 2NR, England (London Bridge)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Up to 40% OFF THIS WINTER
Ranked #251 of 1,065 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
Partick
“Lovely hotel, great food, good price, great stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for two nights mid week.

Lovely room, nice view, great staff, great food, good priced bar.

My only comment would be the water temperature was low and I couldn't run a hot bath. Does that matter? I don't think so.

It was close to everything, and it felt like a lovely, special place to stay. Highly recommended

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
NLTB, Manager at Novotel London Tower Bridge, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to comment your experience online following your stay at the Novotel London Tower Bridge.
I very satisfied to see that you had such a great stay with us, liking our room, food, bar as well as having received friendly and helpful service from our staff. I am of course very appreciative of this 4 star rating but I would be very grateful if during your next visit you could give us additional feedback as to how we can improve and get the maximum rating.
We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel for your next visit in London.
Christophe Pfeilstücker, Operations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
  • Polish first
Cookham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

I've stayed there three times and the last visit was for a weekend break - it was a very pleasurable stay again. Check-in was efficient and a room was available for us, even though we were early. The room was clean, tidy and modern with furniture in excellent condition. The iMacs in the lobby are a nice touch and allow you to get online when they are available.

The location is great, especially with Tower Bridge and The Tower of London both within close proximity. The tube station is also convenient, within 5 minutes walk.

Breakfast can be a little chaotic and we noticed queues for tables, especially at peak period, plus there was some congestion of people trying to get their breakfast - it doesn't help when people walk round aimlessly though either!

On returning to the hotel at night, we ask the bar star if they had peppermint teabags that we could take to the room. The bar staff were very obliging and provided us with several, even asking if we wanted additional for the following day.

The price can be high however there are often deals on, making this a great choice hotel.

Overall, a very pleasant stay in the Novotel and we are happy to stay there again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for giving us your feedback on Tripadvisor following your stay at our property and giving us a great 5 star rating.
It’s a real pleasure to read that you enjoyed our central location, only a minutes’ walk away from the nearest underground station and local attractions such as the Tower of London or Tower Bridge. I am very happy to see that our bar staff was able to help you with your extra request and that you had such a pleasant stay with us, being happy to stay again at our hotel.
We look forward to welcoming you back to at the Novotel London Tower Bridge for your next stay in London.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

We stayed for 1 night for my daughters 18th birthday. The hotel was fantastic. Andras and his team made my daughters birthday very memorable at breakfast by presenting her with a lovely cake and singing happy birthday to her along with the rest of the restaurant. We can not fault the hotel in any way, it is the best hotel we have ever stayed in and hope to revisit very soon!

Many thanks to all the staff at the hotel, hope to see you soon!

David Jones and family

• Stayed September 2012
NLTB, Manager at Novotel London Tower Bridge, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Dear Mr Jones, thank you so much to have taken time to review your stay at our hotel on Tripadvisor and giving us such an overwhelming feedback as well as a much appreciated 5 star rating.
It’s is such a pleasure to see that you and your family had such a great time with us and that you found our hotel being fantastic as well as being the best one you have ever staid in.
I will extend your thanks to Andras and his team and I am sure they will be very happy to hear that their little extra gesture for your daughter was such a memorable moment to her and your entire family.
We look forward to welcoming you and your family back to the Novotel London Tower Bridge for your next visit in London.
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

I've found this place handy for visits to the City, and the general standard of accommodation is high. Staff - who seem to be mainly French - are very friendly and helpful, particularly the guy who supervises breakfast.

I used the gym on my last visit and I did find it quite small and crowded - and the elliptical trainer didn't seem to be working, However other than that relatively minor point I think this hotel is a fine spot in an area which doesn't have that many good options.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
NLTB, Manager at Novotel London Tower Bridge, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to comment your experience on Tripadvisor following your stay at the Novotel London Tower Bridge.
I am really happy to see that you value our hotel so much. It’s pleasant to read that our teams were very friendly and helpful, particularly our breakfast supervisor and the standard of our accommodation is so high.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012 via mobile

The hotel is very clean and the staff were friendly and helpful. The hotel is conveniently located near to the tube station as well as a Whetherspoons and Tesco. The bar service was good, giving out free nuts with your drinks was a nice touch and there is a massive tv in the bar area you can watch too.
The bed is really comfy with enough pillows which was good. We booked for two nights so was good value for money. On our check out day we were able to leave our bags safely at reception while we went out for breakfast in Wetherspoons which was nice to be able to do.
The aircon in the room was not very cold and because you cannot open the window very much it did mean the room was hot at night which was a bit uncomfortable. It would also have been nice to have a bath as well as a shower after a long day shopping in London! Overall had a really good stay there and it was good value for money.

• Stayed September 2012
Thank you for giving us your feedback online following your stay at our property.
It’s a real pleasure to read that you enjoyed our prime location, within the City of London as well as being only a minutes’ walk away from the nearest underground station and that you enjoyed both the service and the atmosphere of our bar. I am also happy to see that our staff was friendly and helpful and that we were able to help you by storing your luggage whilst you have been away from the hotel.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

Amazing breakfast; patient and helpful staff; okay rooms; very clean; perfect location i.e. it's central and close to a tube and bus station and even the Tower of London but it's not nearly as busy or loud as other parts of the city. Overall, I was reasonably impressed with my stay in this hotel but I have stayed in better all the same.

• Stayed January 2012
Thank you for taking the time to comment your experience on Tripadvisor following your stay at our hotel.
I am particularly pleased that you have been impressed by our hotel and that you liked our central, still very quiet location, next to the underground station of Tower Hill, bus stops or local attractions such as the Tower of London or Tower Bridge. It is also a great satisfaction to see that you had an amazing breakfast and that our staff was always patient and helpful.
Kind regards, Christophe Pfeilstücker, Operations Manager
HK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

This hotel was almost 400gbp the night I stayed. This is totally absurd for a three star hotel. While they have tried to make it nice ob the outside, it is very average inside. When checking in, despite showing a UK drivers licence showing my UK address, they forced me to show my passport, which is just unnecessary and annoying. They also had my accor number showing my UK address, but it seems because they are untrained, we all had to show a passport. Lucky I had it on me...second, they make you pay when you check in, they don't take a guarantee, which means I could not charge the restaurant to my room and could not order room service and I could not even make a phone call. They made me walk back downstairs to give them my credit card to make a phone call. This hotel is just hopeless, staff didn't care.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
NLTB, Manager at Novotel London Tower Bridge, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
I am very appreciative that you brought this to my attention and I will straight away make sure that our whole staff is perfectly aware of all of our procedures. I can assure you that our staff is usually very careful as you can read in other comments and I honestly believe that this in a one off situation. Finally, I would like to inform you that our property is a 4 star hotel and that the rate you have paid is common for London during a busy business week. Please be aware that we do offer very attractive rates if you don’t book last minutes but beforehand.
Christophe Pfeilstücker, Operations Manager

Been to Novotel London Tower Bridge? Share your experiences!