“Expensive but good” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hawksmoor Seven Dials

Hawksmoor Seven Dials
11 Langley Street, London WC2H 9JG, England (Covent Garden)
+44 20 7420 9390
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Hawksmoor Seven Dials is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #242 of 17,940 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Steakhouse, British
Good for: Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Covent Garden
Description: An exquisite British steakhouse and a sensational cocktail bar, Hawksmoor Seven Dials is found in the old Watney-Combe brewery. The fine steaks are sourced from the award-winning Ginger Pig and are cooked on an authentic charcoal grill. With a reputation for the best steaks in London, Hawksmoor serves up critically acclaimed British cuisine alongside exquisite wines. Covent Garden Tube Station is just a 3-minute walk away.
Wirral
“Expensive but good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

Four of us ate here Sat lunch time 3 had burgers two were a little cold dealt with perfectly by our server Julie. I had the sirloin steak cooked medium, was an excellent steak. I thought was expensive but steak is really hard to find at competitive prices, unless you want your meet from some unknown supplier in Romania!
Hawksmoor is a gorgeous looking rest, the cocktails are lovely and a great wine list, the cheese sauce that you can get is amazing so is the beef dripping fries, great service will defiantly be going back.

• 5 of 5 stars Food

London
“Very good meat in the heart of London!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

Hawksmoor by now speaks for itself. It is a very well established restaurant in terms of meat. The location is very nice as it is central, and the ambience and quality of food is great! Service is always attentive about everything, like in a top notch restaurant.
It is perfect for a Sunday lunch with family. A really laid back and cool experience, that I would totally recommend!

Visited February 2013
PLANDOME
“Yes, this is a steakhouse.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Great atmosphere in a unique underground setting (even if the cabbie didn't seem to know where the restaurant is located). Steaks are great, although i was disappointed at the limited chose of seafood. I opted to pass on the expensive lobster and chose the bream (only fish on the menu) which was disappointingly bland, even though it is baked with chili pepper and garlic in paper. I do wish the waiter had warned me as what i thought was garlic turned out to be a tongue-numbing chili that was served with the fish.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
“A very good steak restaurant near Covent Garden”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We visited with relatives from Ireland - they know good beef when they taste it.
We had Sunday Lunch - booked for 3:00 pm - the table was not quite ready but we only waited a couple fof minutes. The restaurant was full and the ambiance was excellent.

A good menu with limited choice but not ambitious which I always see as a plus as they can cook eveything fresh.

We started with the Pork Belly which was slow cooked - melting and lovely accompanied by w red cabbage salad - I could have done with a bit of crackling as well but this was a generaous and tasty starter. One also had the Potted smoked mackerel which was excellent.

For the main, some had the Roast Dinner - Beef done medium rare, but actually it was rare (yum) with sensible veg and huge Yorkshires and lovely sticky proper gravy. Two of us had the D-Rump - apparantly aged 55 days - I doubt this is true - I have eated proper D-Rump (Rump Cap or Beef Picanha in South America) and when aged 55 days it is tender and tastes slightly gamey. This D-Rump was nice but not tender and definitely not gamey - I suspect it was only aged 21 days at most (and I do know my beef). However it was well cooked and the sides we ordered (Fries cooked in Dripping, creamed spinach, Caesar salad and Marrowbone) were fine. Good sensibly priced wines and lovely own label Ale and Lager.

Only one of us had room for dessert - again very nicely presented and delicious (I tasted a morsel)_ and the teas and coffees were very good and accompanied by home-made rolo type chocolates.

Overall the meal was not cheap but not outrageously expensive.

The Sunday Roast dinner was excellent value. Not sure about the steaks - perhaps we should have a porterhouse or tbone to share next time - and was the D-Ruump really aged 55 days - I think not.

The service was efficient , friendly and knowledeable wthout making us feel rushed or having to wait too long for each course. About right really.

Decor is cellar conversion - very OK and there is a lift for my mother (80).

We will visit again in a few months as there are few other venures who do sunday lunch so well.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Paris, France
“If you are a carnivore then it's fabulous !”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Nive old building, friendly and efficient service and delicious food.
The menu is strong on beef, but does have 1 or 2 other options. we had the Sunday roast lunch and the Fillet; both were excellent and the portion enormous.
My only issue was that a £30+ piece of fillet did not come with any side dishes at all...it all has to be purchase separately which seemed a bit mean spirited.

excellent aperatifs and cocktails.

Visited February 2013