“Business Trip to London” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Grosvenor House, A JW Marriott Hotel

You added Grosvenor House, A JW Marriott Hotel to your Saves list
Grosvenor House, A JW Marriott Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Park Lane, London W1K 7TN , England (Mayfair / St James's / Piccadilly / Green Park )   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #205 of 1,065 Hotels in London
Sharjah, United Arab Emirates
“Business Trip to London”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

The hotel location is very good , it is walking distance to the main shopping streets in London , the reception is very good and helpful , the services is good , the rooms is big and have all the required facilities

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Morten S, Hotel Manager at Grosvenor House, A JW Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Thank you very much for your review, it is truly appreciated.

Our central location is perfect for either our many leisure guests who may be here in London to enjoy the sights and shopping along Oxford Street, or the seasoned business traveler such as yourself.

I do hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon.

Warm regards,

Morten Skumsrud
Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (299)
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

Despite writing a negative review about the JW Steakhouse I have to be fair about the hotel. We like the traditional feel of the hotel and the staff are generally super helpful and friendly. The accommodation is extremely comfortable and clean! The location, for us anyway, is second to none in London. Park Lane is a great place to be about. There are plenty of choices around about, to take a drink or a meal. Shopping is on your doorstep. Unfortunately our recent dining experience has made us to decide to stay elsewhere in London on our next visit so I guess I better start reading the reports of other reviewers!!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the park (Park Lane).
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Hadley, MA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

I stayed here on Sunday for one night and I have to say that the front desk staff was absolutely amazing. They bent over backwards for me and even offered me a complimentary upgrade to an even nicer room (probably due to my Marriott status, but still!)

The Park Room was an amazing place to have afternoon tea and breakfast. The food was delicious and service was excellent.

Now for the restaurant (JW Steakhouse)... I'm afraid it just wasn't worth it. I will start off by saying the service was excellent - no complaints about that whatsoever. The food was OK. Just OK. I never expect to get a perfect steak in the UK, just like I don't expect to get excellent fish and chips in Texas. But at £32/$55 for a 10oz steak, I expect to get pretty darn close.

What I will say is an absolute rip off, is the fact that they fill up a big reusable bottle with tap water and then charge you £2/$3.50 calling it still water. It's just low class. I know when I'm asked "still or sparkling?" at a restaurant, I'm going to end up paying for the water...but it's usually at least a sealed bottle of Acqua Panna, not London City tap water. This ruined the dinner for me, and I really hope management reconsiders what they're doing here.

The cafe right before you get to the steakhouse had an excellent selection, but a bit overpriced. It's a hotel shop, so I understand the slight price increase. It was convenient, however, and the service was great.

All in all a good stay, but the still water business at the steakhouse really rubbed me the wrong way.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Rockwall, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

We spent 5 nights here near Hyde Park in London and had a wonderful stay. The rooms were nice, larger than expected, with wonderful beds and quiet halls. The service was spectacular. Every single employee was dressed professionally, was eager to please, and ALWAYS made eye contact and spoke when passing. We could not have been more pleased. The highlight to us was having such wonderful places to eat only steps away- from Starbucks to the steakhouse to breakfast buffets everyday. Taxis were always available. The bus stop was only a 5 minute walk away. It was also a short walk to Hyde Park, Harrod's, the British Museum and Trafalgar Square. I would definitely choose this hotel again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

I'm not sure I've ever seen so many staff people at the ready to anticipate and answer customer questions. The lobby, lounges, and restaurants were full of staff, armed with tablets to expedite check-in, assist with luggage, and secure a table. When I had a problem registering my Marriott points to my reservation, the switchboard operator personally called Marriott Rewards to inquire, then phoned me back.
My room was quite nice; huge and well-equipped bathroom and windows that open to the fresh air -- that's a rare feature these days.

Room Tip: My room was at the front on a lower floor; despite being right on Park Lane, the traffic noise was m...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Draper, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

I stayed here 5 nights during the Wimbledon tennis tournament. The staff were all super nice and there's always taxi's waiting. There's an ATM inside the hotel which is super convenient. I had the buffet breakfast at the JW Steakhouse every morning and the staff were nice and the food tasted great. Room was clean and quite large especially for a big city. The view from my room wasn't anything special just the back road. The only negative I had was their wifi was slow. The wifi would be fast during early morning or the middle of the night, but during peak times it was really slow. Other than that I enjoyed everything about this hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Derby
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

I've just returned from a one day event held at this hotel through the company I work for. Although I work for a travel company and normally find when I stay away hotels fall over themselves to go above and beyond this hotel really is amazing.
The service I received when I arrived was great. I look slightly puzzled when I walked in and can only assume it was the General Manager who asked me if I was OK and I explained I was attending a conference and he then had someone take my bags and show me to the event suite - first class!
The event space was wonderful, the staff where great and the choice of food and beverages available were of excellent quality.
Whilst I didn't stay in the hotel, what I experienced has prompted me to stay here the next time I am in London to encounter the same great service again!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Been to Grosvenor House, A JW Marriott Hotel? Share your experiences!