We had a superior travel experience thanks to Rydges in Kensington. When we first planned our week-long London trip, we saw Rydges promoted on Orbitz with great reviews and figured we'd give it a try. Boy, are we glad we did!
Our experience with Rydges was stellar from start to finish. The general manager quickly responded to any email inquiries and even accommodated some special requests we had for our room. Upon arrival, the staff was friendly and attentive. Since our flight arrived early in the morning, the hotel staff held our bags until check-in and brought them to our room while we walked High Street Kensington (which is just a few blocks away.) The room itself was gorgeous. We had a King Executive Suite which was very spacious for a London hotel. There were lots of little touches that made it special - tall windows, a heated towel rack, robes and slippers, lots of electronic hook-ups, a vanity with blow-dryer, generously-sized toiletries that were replenished daily, etc. And a large American-style tub / shower combo! The room was contemporary with dark-wood furniture and a soft, comfortable bed. Best of all, it was super-clean. It makes a world of difference to arrive to a clean, fresh, and comfortable room after a long flight.
The location of the hotel is top-notch. It's across the street from the Gloucester Road tube station which hooks up to every major line downtown (District, Circle, and Piccadilly) and straight to Heathrow. The Houses of Parliament, Buckingham Palace, Leicester Square, Harrods, and Covent Garden are all just a few tube stops away. Yet when you return to the hotel in Kensington, it's lovely and quiet. Lots of great restaurant and pub options all around. And Hyde Park is just down the road, which makes for beautiful morning walks.
But perhaps the best surprise of all was the reasonable rate we were able to book the room at. The cost of London hotels can cause sticker-shock once converted to dollars. Orbitz recommended Rydges and when we booked our week-long stay along with the flight, we were able to save a considerable amount on the nightly charge. We truly got a five-star experience for a very reasonable rate.
We've stayed at many international hotels and this was by far the best experience we've had. If we returned to London, we would stay here without question and will recommend it to all our friends and family. It made our trip perfect.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rydges Kensington London is a four star deluxe design inspired boutique hotel which has been fully refurbished in 2011. Facilities include wired and wireless internet, fitness suite, Restaurant & Wine Bar, Lounge Bar, 24 hour room service etc. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, LondonMarketing.com, HotelTravel.com, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Rydges Kensington London reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rydges Kensington London Hotel London
- Rydges Kensington Plaza London
- Hotel Rydges Kensington Plaza
- Hotel London Rydges
- Rydges London
- Rydges Kensington London England