“Staff member and room temperature” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Oxford Circus

You added Holiday Inn Oxford Circus to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Oxford Circus
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   57-59 Welbeck Street, London W1G 9BL, England (Marylebone)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #557 of 1,052 Hotels in London
Moreton, United Kingdom
“Staff member and room temperature”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Chose the hotel due to location of somewhere familiar. The hotel itself was lovely and only a few minutes walk to Oxford Street. Guy on the front desk when we were checking in, saw us and ignored us whilst he chattered to someone in the back. He did this a few times when we were visited reception.
My main criticism was our room. The room was basic and rather small. The temperature was very hot outside and the air conditioning was stuck on 19C, it was definitely hotter than that. We tried to constantly get the air con to work but to no avail. We had to keep the windows open, but due to the noise outside, shop alarm ringing and delivery trucks at 4am, it was necessary to close them. This made the room stifling .

• Stayed July 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

We stayed at this hotel found it a very nice, stayed one night,very polite staff, central for shopping.Room clean but basic.Food good, very good breakfast.Just a short walk to the tube and buses. We would stay at this Holiday inn again.

• Stayed July 2015, traveled as a couple
KJAFraser, General Manager at Holiday Inn Oxford Circus, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Dear mark g,

Thank you for staying with us and I am pleased that you enjoyed your trip to London. I am also pleased that you will return to stay with us on a future stay in London.

Manchester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

I chose this hotel due to the location to Harley Street and stayed there for 5 nights. It's a fantastic location, oxford street is on the door step and we walked easily to many locations from here so it was nice to not have to get on a stuffy tube when the weather was so glorious. However, outside the room there were building works which started quite early - which was ok for me because I was here on business however if you were here to relax you could not. The walls are also paper thin so it was very noisy especially friday and saturday night as you can hear other guests music til early hours - which was not great as I was working all weekend. I did call the reception and tell them about the noise and they said they would get concierge to have a look but it didn't make much of a difference.

The room itself is very basic, however I did like having an iron and ironing board in the room which you don't get often these days due "health and safety". There was also a trouser press. I liked that they provided a couple of magazines and newspaper in the room. The bed was not all that comfortable, woke up with a sore back a few mornings,.

Oh and the gym - is not a gym!! one exercise bike and a few weights in a tiny room.

All in all fab location but too noisy and not comfortable. I did mention the noise to the staff when I left and they offered for me to speak to the manager but as I had a meeting to attend I did not have the time to speak to them.

• Stayed July 2015, traveled on business
Dear lya1987,

Thank you for your feedback after your recent stay. Please accept my apologies that there was certain elements of your stay that could be improved.
I am pleased that you liked our location but obviously apologize about the noisy during your stay.
We are very close to Harley Street and if you enjoy walking you can visit all the shops and main tourist attractions without having to use public transportation.

We look forward to welcoming you back for a future stay and please let us know when you are staying and we will ensure that you get a quiet room.

Warsaw, Poland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

It is as much in the center as you can be, but still it is hidden a lilttle bit from ultrabusy Oxfor St. The rooms are rather small, but very comfortable. Service is wonderful. You can easily get on foot not only to Oxford St., but also to Regent's Park. And - please do check St. Christopher's Place. Wonderful little street.

Hotel tends to be quite expensive (due the location, I suppose) and is not as exclusive as the price would suggest. But if you're lucky to get a good rate, this is a very good place to stay.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
KJAFraser, General Manager at Holiday Inn Oxford Circus, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear 7dust,

Thank you for your feedback after your stay earlier this year.
I am pleased that you really enjoyed your stay here at our hotel with everything that our central London location has to offer.

We do hope that you will stay with us again in the future when visiting London.

Swansea County, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Nice and comfortable hotel at great location. Nearest tube station to this hotel is Bond Street and Oxford Circus. Great restaurants are located in the vicinity. You do pay a premium for such a great location.

Stayed July 2015, traveled with family
Dear Kritivalecha,

Thank you for staying with us on your trip to London recently and thank you for reviewing your stay. I am pleased that you liked our central location with all the shops, bars and restaurants close by.

We do hope that we can welcome you back on a future trip.

Houston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We have stayed many places in London and wanted to stay near Oxford Street. This hotel is just fine - nothing special but enough room and quite clean inside the room. All of the brass, glass and chrome made for a fingerprint nightmare in the lobby. Great wifi. The bed was quite nice. It's close to some nice cafe's although breakfast was kind of difficult to find. We chose to buy a voucher for breakfast on our last day and it was a good buffet - we balked originally due to the cost but didn't save a bit looking around for food! It is close to everything - I love Selfridges and it's just right there! And Liberty! And a quick tube ride or a cheap Uber to most everything else.

• Stayed July 2015, traveled with family
Dear mumziepooh,

Thank you for staying with us with your family on your recent visit to London. I am pleased that you had a good stay and that you enjoyed our very central location.
We are a perfect location for shopping, going to see a show or just exploring London on foot.

I hope that you had a great journey home and we hope to be of service on another trip to London.

Stratford-upon-Avon, England, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Ok so I know central London during Wimbledon fortnight is going to be expensive. But this was very poor-a small, shabby room for £275 that didn't even include breakfast. I'll stick to Travelodge or Premier Inn next time.

Room Tip: Don't bother!
  • Stayed July 2015, traveled on business
Dear Simon P,

Please accept my apologies for any shortfalls in the standard of your accommodation after your recent stay with us. Our rates are line with the area of London that we are located but I am very sorry that you were unhappy with the room please do let me know the room number so that I can review the room you stayed in personally and rectify any maintenance issues.
gm@holidayinnoxfordcircus.com

I look forward to hearing from you and please do let me know if I can be of any further assistance.