I've stayed at this hotel 3 times, so my review isn't one dimensional. This hotel feels like it is on the edge of a fine business hotel, but it comes up just short. The international flavor of languages spoken at the front desk is inviting for many. The bar and found area is welcoming but on further inspection comes up 'cheap'. meaning the decor and the quality of beverages which are served. It could be the holiday inn brand doesn't command higher end drinks / bar services, but at first glance and appearances, this could have a great attraction for the guests as the bar scene in the area is alive and starting with one at the hotel is a nice way to kick off the evening or finish a long work day.
The food. Breakfast is above average but the quality of eggs is sorely lacking. as is the available of alternate meats besides english sausage. For those outside of the UK, some sliced meats would be a welcome addition. The room service food is honestly horrible and the after hours sandwiches i encountered during my late night arrival were disgusting and inedible. there is a lot that could be done here without a lot of cost by doing some analysis on the clientele and then including or simply eliminating certain items.
Internet... slow. so slow. as a business hotel, maybe it is overloaded but the stability and throughput even for premium is still poor.
Rooms. the rooms are bright and nicely appointed with everything one could need. While the decor is a little dated, it goes nicely with the exterior visual and entry of the hotel. The sleep quality is quiet and beds very comfortable.
Workout room. Poor. barely any space the equipment is dated and in general low performance. No weights or bands, just a treadmill and vertical bike.
NET: Good value and i would highly recommend staying here to sleep. Tube stops are a bit of a distance and there is a lot that isn't available. The restaurant and bar scene locally is great. There are just a series of areas which just make this fall short of a good business hotel or a hotel which someone would come to vacation at in the heart of London and go home with a great experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn London Oxford Circus hotel which is located in a quiet Edwardian terrace in Marylebone, just 2 minutes walk from London's famous Oxford Street. The Holiday Inn London-Oxford Circus is ideally suited for both business and pleasure travellers. Centrally situated, London's historic and famous attractions are all within walking or a short distance to the hotel. These are Theatreland, Harley Street, West End Shopping including Debenhams, Selfridges, Harrods and Bond Street; Hyde Park, Buckingham Palace, Trafalgar Square, Piccadilly Circus, Madame Tussauds Lords Cricket Ground, The British Museum, London Eye Nearest underground station is Bond Street on the Central and Jubilee lines, within 2 minutes walk from the hotel. Oxford Circus underground station on the Bakerloo and Victoria lines is just under 10 minutes walk.Please note that all rooms are for a maximum of 2 people. If interested in family rooms please make sure it says maximum 4 people. All rooms have air-conditioning. Internet access, WiFi, playstation games, voicemail and modem points.Hotel is in congestion charging zone. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, HotelTravel.com, Agoda, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Despegar.com, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Oxford Circus reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Oxford Circus Hotel London
- Oxford Circus Holiday Inn
- London Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn London
- Holiday Inn Oxford Circus London, England