“Centeral, convient & comfortable” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Oxford Circus

You added Holiday Inn Oxford Circus to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Oxford Circus
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   57-59 Welbeck Street, London W1G 9BL, England (Marylebone)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #560 of 1,052 Hotels in London
Nagpur, India
“Centeral, convient & comfortable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

My Wife & I have stayed at this hotel twice. Its centrally located (2 min walk to the Tube) & like my wife if you're into shopping till you drop - this is the ideal place to stay as its just one lane down from Oxford Street (Behind Debenhams Store).
We took that package that includes breakfast - which is is SUPERB!! Ham, Bacon, Sausages, Eggs to order, lots of fruit & fruit juice. The staff here is very friendly & helpful...The concierge a 60 year old gentleman was really helpful ( but be warned - do not interrupt him when he is guiding someone else) wait patiently & he might just give you some real good advise.

Likes -
Central location
Clean rooms
Tea Coffee maker in room

Dislike -
Very Limited Cable TV channels
You can sometimes hear the subway trains below the building
Security Deposit if you're an Indian...(Some silly twit tried to steal a TV once - we were told by the staff later)

BottomLine -
If you're not to picky about fancy views & need a good budget hotel to saty in... this is a great hotel.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the fourth floor or you might just have an obstructed view...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
DMELROSE, General Manager at Holiday Inn Oxford Circus, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Dear Parheez

Thank you for your very kind review of your recent stay. I was really pleased to read how much you enjoyed our breakfast , the service provided by our staff and our great location. However, I must admit I was quite disappointed and to a degree concerned about your comments regarding the security deposit taken on arrival. I would like to assure you ALL our guests responsible for the settlement of their invoices are asked for a payment guarantee on check in and this is irrelevant of what country they are from. This is a standard procedure for most hotels.

Once again thank you for your feedback.

D.Melrose

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

We stayed as a couple for 2 nights in July. Room was fairly clean & hotel was conveniently located about 5 minutes walk from Bond Street tube station at Oxford Street. Breakfast was good & comprehensive. This hotel was picked by my travel agent at a reasonable price. However, when I asked for an extension to stay for the third night & quoted at GBP 279 per night. I was shocked as it is more expensive than the price quoted by Crowne Plaza - The City, which is a higher grade hotel.

• Stayed July 2013
Dear DavieOng

Thank you for your review. I am very pleased to read you generally enjoyed your recent stay and specially our breakfast and location. I am sorry you found the extra night a bit expensive. I believe the reason for the high rate was caused by a very high demand for that particular night and having a very limited availability of bedrooms.

Once again, thank you for your review and we hope to welcome you back soon.

Ghent, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

It's the third time I stayed in this hotel. Location is super, right n the centre of London, yet in a very calm street. Charmant entrance, reception staff very efficient and friendly, rooms super and very clean. Love the possibility of making coffee or tea in the room (and the biscuits too :-)). Breakfast: very good food, staff very attent to clean tables or take away the plates, wide assortiment of warm and cold dishes, fresh fruit and yoghurts, ... Good value for money! I surely return!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Dear KarinC15

I can't begin to tell you how happy it made me to read about your experience at our hotel. The team here strives to make each guest experience as close to perfect as humanly possible and when we accomplish that goal we've done our job. I am also grateful you have chosen our hotel as your home away from home when visiting London.

Once again thank you for your very positive feedback and we look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Bristol
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

Stayed here on business last week due to its location which is ideal, only a short walk from Oxford circus tube. It was a little pricey however at £175 for the night in a standard double room !! I had a drink in the lobby bar which was quite busy due to the tennis being on, but I didn't eat in the restaurant due to it being in the basement and with so many other places to try in close proximity I ventured out.

Nothing exciting to report but clean and tidy but I would expect that for the price charged.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear Ticker1962

Thank you for your review. I am delighted you found our location convenient and notice the cleanliness of our bedrooms. I was sorry to read that you felt the hotel was overpriced; we regularly review our prices to ensure that we are competitive in the market, with all our best prices available on the IHG Website.

Once again thank you for your feedback.

Hull
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

Holiday inn, Oxford circus is in a fairly good location, however, its not the best.

I stayed at this hotel on Friday with my fiancée and was very disappointed. I have stayed in a few hotels in London and this is by far the worse.

The staff were friendly enough, however, trying to enter my room at 9:20 in the morning to clean it is a bit extreme. The room was small, dark and worn. The radiators next to the single wardrobe were exposed (see picture). This is unacceptable considering the price your paying for the room. The bathroom was tiny with damage to the doorframe.

Overall a very disappointing stay. I wish I'd have raised these concerns and problems with the duty manager, however, I didn't get the time. I personally won't stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
DMELROSE, General Manager at Holiday Inn Oxford Circus, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Dear Chris W

Thank you for your review. First and foremost may I take this opportunity to apologise for the disappointing experience regarding the damage to the wall found in your bedroom. Following a detailed inspection I have managed to locate the bedroom your stayed in and not only corrected the damage but reviewed this issued with the relevant heads of department to ensure this kind of oversight does not ever happen again. I must add that I have personally visited that room as I was quite concerned about your comments and I can confirm that room had a soft refurbishment at the beginning of this year with a new carpet installed at that time and the new furniture was added only in January 2012.

Regarding the attempt by the maid to clean your bedroom at 9:20am, I am sorry about the inconvenience this caused you. We do have very strict guidelines as to when maids are allowed to enter a guests bedroom and this could only have happened if the Do not Disturb sign had been accidentally dislodged from the door handle outside your bedroom. Rest reassured I have addressed this matter with the Housekeeping Department as your review will be used to consider any improvements we can add to the quality of service we provide our guests.

We do take the comments and reviews from our guests very seriously as they allow us to monitor and improve our service continuously and we sincerely hope you do give us another opportunity to welcome you in the future and show our commitment to provide all our guests the best quality of service.

Derby, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

Nice hotel room was modern and quite as was at the rear. Did not eat breakfast at £10 is quite expensive when there is a bistro few doors down for a fiver. The resturant prices were excellent at £19 for three courses though there are many many pubs and small restaurants locally.
Hotel is one street from Oxford street shopping so ideal for popping back to drop off the purchases.
As a platinum member was slightly disappointed as was no upgrade !!! Though was given couple free drinks at the bar.
Porter on Sunday morning was very helpfully in finding somewhere to store our luggage until we were ready to collect it and head home.
All in all a good weekend stay.

Room Tip: In a quite area even on the front but rear gave us a very quite night
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Mr Winfield

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am delighted to read that in general you enjoyed your stay with us, which you describe as "a good weekend stay". However I am sorry we did not appear to fulfil 100 % of your expectations regarding your Platinum upgrade from a double to a queen bedroom. We are committed to always treat and acknowledge our Platinum members even when restricted by the limited number of superior rooms available at this hotel. I am glad my staff were able to offer you a couple of free drinks in the bar and were of assistance on the morning of your departure.

Once again thank you for your review and we do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again.

D Melrose
England
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

Stayed here on business on Tuesday and was utterly underwhelmed by the hotel. The room was small and a bit tatty with a shockingly bad shower that managed little more than a trickle the next morning. The decor was faded and in dire need of some serious work. Worst was the breakfast where having been made to wait before being seated I was met by a grubby, unappetising buffet. Sausages and bacon lay congealing in fat under a hot plate and looked stomach churning. The only upside was the friendly chap on reception who was doing his best in what must be trying circumstances. Avoid.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
DMELROSE, General Manager at Holiday Inn Oxford Circus, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Dear davehelen1709

Thank you for your review. I was very disappointed to read you did not fully enjoy your stay with us. I would like to obtain further details from you regarding your stay in order for me to address them personally and would appreciate if you could contact me at dmelrose@holidayinnoxfordcircus.com. This is not kind of experience that I would like any of our guests to have and for that I apologise.

Once again thank you for your review and I hope I have the opportunity to speak with your directly to correct any wrongdoing on our part and avoid this from happening again to any of our guests.