My husband and I stayed here for one night while en route from Paris back to the U.S.
Pros: (1) Great location, in the heart of Oxford Circus. If you're here to shop, pub-crawl, and be around a hoard of people, this hotel is just for you. (2) Cheaper than most neighboring hotels, and being "Holiday Inn" by nature, the need to maintain brand rapport means that they'd likely have service and cleanliness down to a science. (3) There is a restaurant at the hotel's basement that serves a tasty English breakfast for a decent fee. (4) High ceilings made the room feel bigger than it was. (5) Walking distance to various tube stations, one of which is the Piccadilly line which is a direct connection to London Heathrow.
Cons: (1) Our room was old and smelled musty/moldy. There were water stains that were a bit of a turn-off, but being that we were only there for one night, this was not a big issue for us. (2) There are better hotels in other areas which you could stay at for the same price.
Would I stay here again? Likely, no.
Would I recommend this place to a friend? Likely, no.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn London Oxford Circus hotel which is located in a quiet Edwardian terrace in Marylebone, just 2 minutes walk from London's famous Oxford Street. The Holiday Inn London-Oxford Circus is ideally suited for both business and pleasure travellers. Centrally situated, London's historic and famous attractions are all within walking or a short distance to the hotel. These are Theatreland, Harley Street, West End Shopping including Debenhams, Selfridges, Harrods and Bond Street; Hyde Park, Buckingham Palace, Trafalgar Square, Piccadilly Circus, Madame Tussauds Lords Cricket Ground, The British Museum, London Eye Nearest underground station is Bond Street on the Central and Jubilee lines, within 2 minutes walk from the hotel. Oxford Circus underground station on the Bakerloo and Victoria lines is just under 10 minutes walk.Please note that all rooms are for a maximum of 2 people. If interested in family rooms please make sure it says maximum 4 people. All rooms have air-conditioning. Internet access, WiFi, playstation games, voicemail and modem points.Hotel is in congestion charging zone. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, BookIt.com, Odigeo, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Venere and Otel so you can book your Holiday Inn Oxford Circus reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Oxford Circus Hotel London
- Oxford Circus Holiday Inn
- London Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn London
- Holiday Inn Oxford Circus London, England