Starting at check-in we found the staff welcoming, friendly and helpful. There is a small lounge in the reception area with large comfortable chairs and two vending machines. In the same general area was a bar.
Fortunately our room, 173, was ready when we arrived from our cruise ship in Southampton early around 12:30. Our room was quite bright, clean and large with two comfortable double beds, a large flat screen, TV and a chair. There was a large closet and dresser drawers with enough space for the clothes of four adults.
The room overlooed the street which with our window open could be a little noisy in the early evening. However, we had no trouble falling asleep.
The bathroom was clean and well lit. The water pressure was great in he sink and fairly good in the shower. Our only complaint was that there weren't enough towel racks.
We asked for extra towels and pillows and they were delivered very quickly.
The location of this hotel couldn't have been better for us. It is within a very short walking distance to Oxford Street shopping, the Bond street tube and busses and quite a number of excellent pubs and restaurants.
About a block from the hotel is a restaurant called Meatliquor which Travel & Leisure describes as the trendiest restaurant in London. The hamburgers were great and are priced between 6 - 8 GBP. There is also a fabulous Fish and Chips place a few blocks away called Golden Hind and a quaint french-style restaurant, Paul, which serves fresh delicious coffees, fresh baked gourmet pastries and a wide range of other breakfast and lunch fare at very reasonable prices.
We also found the location of the hotel ideally located to the theatre district, major London attractions, the train/bus stations and even Greenwhich which was conveniently reached by tube in about twenty minutes from the hotel. The cabs in London are spacious and reasonable. The most we paid was 12 GBP from the Victoria bus station to the hotel and that was for four adults and all our luggage.
The hotel maintains a very large staff for it's size. There were at least two receptionist, a bell captain and a bartender present whenever we around. We found the staff went above and beyond. Although there wasn't a concierge desk there were at least three or four staff members ready at all times with helpful information. The internet was an additional charge and was painfully slow. However, one of the staff, Nicolette, saw I was having difficulty trying complete my airline online check-in and offered to do it for us.
We felt that we received good value for the money and would definitely stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn London Oxford Circus hotel which is located in a quiet Edwardian terrace in Marylebone, just 2 minutes walk from London's famous Oxford Street. The Holiday Inn London-Oxford Circus is ideally suited for both business and pleasure travellers. Centrally situated, London's historic and famous attractions are all within walking or a short distance to the hotel. These are Theatreland, Harley Street, West End Shopping including Debenhams, Selfridges, Harrods and Bond Street; Hyde Park, Buckingham Palace, Trafalgar Square, Piccadilly Circus, Madame Tussauds Lords Cricket Ground, The British Museum, London Eye Nearest underground station is Bond Street on the Central and Jubilee lines, within 2 minutes walk from the hotel. Oxford Circus underground station on the Bakerloo and Victoria lines is just under 10 minutes walk.Please note that all rooms are for a maximum of 2 people. If interested in family rooms please make sure it says maximum 4 people. All rooms have air-conditioning. Internet access, WiFi, playstation games, voicemail and modem points.Hotel is in congestion charging zone. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, IHG, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, HotelTravel.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Otel, Agoda, Hotel.de, LondonMarketing.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Oxford Circus reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Oxford Circus Hotel London
- Oxford Circus Holiday Inn
- London Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn London
- Holiday Inn Oxford Circus London, England