“Single room” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Oxford Circus

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Oxford Circus to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Oxford Circus
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   57-59 Welbeck Street, London W1G 9BL, England (Marylebone)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #589 of 1,062 Hotels in London
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Single room”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

I needed a central London hotel for 2 nights whilst attending a medical conference. I was concerned about this hotel prior to arrival due to previous reviews but need not have worried.
Reception was efficient and courteous, the room was clean and just what I required, the location was ideal and the breakfast ample.
I would return in future.

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
DMELROSE, General Manager at Holiday Inn Oxford Circus, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Dear Nick M

Thank you for staying with us despite reading some not very positive previous reviews and for taking the time to write about it! I am really pleased you not only had a great experience but that we appear to have exceeded your expectations.

I can assure you it will be a pleasure to welcome you again any time in the future and once again thank you for your review.

Best regards

David Melrose

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
  • Greek first
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for one night with business and was put in a smoking room, which stank of smoke. I don't smoke and asked for a different room, we are full was the answer. Room was tired with dirty windows, dirty carpet, desk chair had cushion taken out of it and just cloth so v hard and noisy heating pipes, muffled by a blanket. Internet access was ridiculously expensive you could buy a 3g dongle for how much it cost. TV kept losing digital signal. General decor was tired and needed updating. Food was passable in the evening, with good service. At breakfast they were slow to take an order and cleared my table when I was at the buffet getting toast, luckily I came back in time as they were about to put someone else on it. Not impressed will not stay here again! Not worth the price at all.

• Stayed May 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Oxford Circus, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Dear AndyLinegar,

I would like to thank you for your review and apologize that your experience with our hotel did not meet your expectations. I would greatly appreciate further information regarding your stay in order that I can investigate further.

I have sent you a private message to obtain additional details about your experience.

Regards,

Brenda J.
eMedia Coordinator
Plymouth, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

Holiday Inn Oxford Circus is old, tatty and in bad shape. The restaurant is poor but despite it all I have found the staff polite and trying to do a good job in bad circumstances. The place needs a refurb from top to bottom.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Oxford Circus, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Dear Julian A,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. I am sorry that you were inconvenienced with the restaurant service received. Kindly be assured that your comments regarding our property being in need of a refurbishment have been noted and will be forwarded to the appropriate departments to consider for improvements needed at our hotel. Despite this, I am pleased that you found our staff to be accommodating.

I do hope that you will consider staying with us again in the future as we continue to try to improve and update our property.

Israel and the US
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

just a brisk 10min walk from Oxford Circus and 3 min walk from Oxford Street (behind the Debanhams Store), it beets the Regents Park Holiday Inn on closeness to Soho, Shopping, Mayfair and China Town - but, the Regents Park location has a much closer tube station.

I was upgraded on arrival to a family room which was big a comfortable.

A big difference in favor of all the Holiday Inns I am staying with lately - the mattress and pillows are the highest quality - same here.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at this hotele several times on business trips... The staff is really friendly BUT... Room equipment is really old, the gym absolutely out of order... I enjoyed their breakfasts but I think it is the only thing Id say worth the fee...

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Oxford Circus, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Dear Ninkaaaa001,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. It is truly regrettable that you did not enjoy your visit due to the issues encountered with the room equipment and gym facility. Your review will be used to consider improvements needed and we hope that you can give us a chance to show what we have done. Despite this, I am happy that you liked the breakfast served.

I sincerely hope that the next time you are in the area you give our hotel another try.

Beirut, Lebanon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013 via mobile

Great location !!!! Next to oxford street BUT BUT BUT small rooms, rude unprofessional , unhelpfull staff on the reception and in the breakfast room. I thought this was a hotel where you get a service for your money. Well nop. Back to the rooms; small, small bathroom, old furnishment no minibar or fridge. But clean after all. Staff: unprofesional lady who "welcomed us" on the check in as if they re giving us the room as a favor or for free. As for the lady in the breakfast room, well she would definitly fit in an army casern, bossy, rude and would definitly benifit from a smile. As a matter of fact one of the hotel occupant shouted at her when she insisting on changing the table he sat on. And i quote:i didnt tell you to sit on that table. (Though the restaurant was half empty) . In conclusion staying in this hotel would be kind of acceptable if they work on the bahavior of their staff.

IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Oxford Circus, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
Dear fadicham,

Thank you for your feedback. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. I am truly sorry for the inconvenience you may have experienced with the staff's service and room accommodations' condition being sub par. Rest assured that these issues will be looked into and we will use your comments to improve on our efforts.

We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Regards,

Dublin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

I stayed here the Easter weekend with my husband and to be honest i couldn't fault it. We had an early flight so arrived at reception hoping to drop off our bags for a couple of hours. The staff had reception informed us that our room was ready so we were able to check it. This was excellent. The location is very central - walking distance to Oxford street and the tube. There is no free WiFi but that's nothing unusual for Holiday inns in England. The staff were pleasant and helpful. I would definitely return

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
DMELROSE, General Manager at Holiday Inn Oxford Circus, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
Dear Defaoite1702

Thank you for staying with us and for submitting such a favourable review, we really do appreciate your comments. I am really pleased my staff was able to give you a bedroom as soon as you arrived which I have the feeling provided a fantastic start of your weekend! Regarding the wi-fi, this is something we are reviewing at the moment and we are hoping to reach an agreement which makes it more suitable to all our guests.

Once again thank you for your review and we look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Yours sincerely

David Melrose

Been to Holiday Inn Oxford Circus? Share your experiences!