“Enjoyable Experience” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #357 of 1,065 Hotels in London
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Enjoyable Experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

Stayed for 1 night whilst visiting family and were more than satisfied with all aspects of the hotel. Beds were comfortable and facilities were great, I would recommend this hotel to anyone. All staff were more than welcoming and the food served in the onsite restaurant excelled as did the pool and gym facilities. I would happily stay here again.

Room Tip: take advantage of the onsite Pool.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
GeneralManager5_9, General Manager at Holiday Inn London Sutton, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Thank you for your kind comments with reference to your recent stay at the hotel, which I will share with all the staff at the hotel.

Yours sincerly,

Holiday Inn London Sutton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Abuja, Abuja Capital Territory, Nigeria
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

lovely time spent, very pleasant people and hotel i.s located centrally so everything and everywhere is within reach. The whole atmosphere is serene and calm, you cannot help but relax. Strongly recommended

• Stayed March 2013
GeneralManager5_9, General Manager at Holiday Inn London Sutton, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Thank you for your kind comments regarding our hotel. I may presume you were attending a training course nearby at Crown Agents and we are happy to have all of you at our hotel during the training course.

Yours sincerly,

Manchester
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Stay here for work and it's an ideal business hotel.

Only downside is that you get charged for Internet access which is bizarre when you can get free wifi in a host of places including the tube!

Hotel is clean, tidy and staff are friendly

Would recommend any for any business users

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
GeneralManager5_9, General Manager at Holiday Inn London Sutton, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Thank you for your kind comments regarding your recent stays at the hotel. I can inform you that the internet charges are being "looked at" at present by the company, as the internet system is cotrolled/run by a external company.
I can assure you that in the very near future Wifi charges will be complimentary for our Priority Club members (Platinum/Gold level).
Looking forward to welcome you back to the hotel again in the near future,

Blackpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

I stayed at the Holiday Inn Sutton with my children and wife for 5 nights from Tuesday through Sunday the 3rd of March, our stay was fabulous, the food was great the breakfast 1st class, and the chef was always helpful and smiling, as my Daughter got married on the 2nd and had the reception at the hotel the banqueting manager was very helpful as well.

The spa staff were great, the pool and changing rooms were always clean and tidy and the facilities were first class.

Room service was quick and the food was hot and tasty, on returning to our rooms they were always serviced and very well cleaned.

I can’t say enough about all the staff we encountered they all were very helpful and kind thank you to all the staff of the Holiday Inn Sutton for making our stay such a happy one.

I have worked all over the world and stay in many hotels, some being Holiday Inn’s but the holiday Inn Sutton is by far the best cheers guys and well done again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
GeneralManager5_9, General Manager at Holiday Inn London Sutton, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
I hereby would like to thank you for your time as well nice commennts about the standards and services you received with your family during your recent stay at the hotel.
It is always a pleasure to read comments like this and I can assusre you I will share these with all the staff at the hotel.

Kind regartds,

Nottingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

Arrived on Friday for my second 2 night stay. I arrived a little early (about 30 minutes) and my room was not quite ready which was not an issue especially because of the friendliness of the staff and the complimentary wine/coffee voucher given.
The rooms cannot be faulted, neither can the restaurants, bars or staff. In fact I would go as far as saying they are some of the most collectively friendly and professional staff I have met.

My only big issue is having to pay for wireless Internet access. £5 for an hour!!
Or in my case it would have been £25 for the two days. In this day and age I struggle to find justification for hotels making this charge.

Anyway that is my real only need with the hotel so that out of the way I would recommend it to anyone needing the central Sutton location.

• Stayed February 2013
GeneralManager5_9, General Manager at Holiday Inn London Sutton, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Thank you for your kind comments regarding our staff and service, highly appreciated and certainly will be shared with all at the hotel.
I have taken your comment onboard with reference to the internet charges and can only inform you that our internet/wifi service as well entertainment cetntre on the TV's are run and conmtrolled by a external company hence the charges. I know we are working on a solution for this and within due time this should be complimentary, certainly for our Priority Club Members.

Looking forward to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future,

Ljubljana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

I have stayed here on a number of occasions, going back over 10 years. I am prompted to comment now, because I feel the hotel has improved its offer significantly in the last couple of years, with better furniture, more comfortable beds, better TV selection etc. This, combined with the fact that prices have not signiifcantly increased over the years, mean that I now think it offers quite reasonable value for money.

Food in the restaurant is also improved, with more quality and variety than they used to have and the health centre is of a decent standard. Reception staff are generally very polite, helpful and well-informed.

My only complaint is the drinks, which remain stubbornly extortionate for what is a pretty souless bar and not one you would probably never choose to frequent unless you were a hotel guest.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your comments wth reference to your recent stay. I can inform you that over the spell of the last 5 years we have re-inversted aprox. £1m back into the hotel and I am happy to see understand that our guest do ntoice this.
I have taken on board the comments with reference to our beverage prices and thjey will be considered when new prices will have to be decided early April 2013.

Marco J. Frik
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

We booked this hotel and confirmed on booking our needs for a disabled room with a walk in shower and interconnecting room. On arrival we were shown to our rooms...the second room being on a completly different floor!! We complained and got an apology from the manager who blamed the booking line operator, we got upgraded to a suite but our weekend away was ruined. It was hard work for my friend to get around in her wheelchair so I ended up having to move furniture!! She couldn't access the bathroom facilities at all and the staff suggested I take her downstairs to the showers and cover her with a towel to go back to the room! Needless to say we haven't booked there again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
GeneralManager5_9, General Manager at Holiday Inn London Sutton, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Dear Guest,

It is a shame you only posted this review 4 months after your original stay. I have to admit that we have 2 disabled rooms, both on a different floor. Each DDA room though is connected, via a interconnecting door to a room next door.
I do apologise for the confusion about a walk-in shower, which is clearly stated on our website(s) and third party bookers/travel agents are aware of this and should have made you aware accordingly.
I hope you will be able to return to our hotel in the future again.

Marco Frik

Been to Holiday Inn London Sutton? Share your experiences!