Just returned from an overnight stay at The Cumberland, Marble Arch.
It is located at the top of Oxford street, approximately 5-10 minute walk from Selfridges, and 2 minutes walk from Marble Arch tube station.
The lobby is big, modern and spacious.
Checking in was no problem, and they even let us check in early which was very convenient for us.
I booked online through Agoda and had requested a room on a high level, to try and ensure it would be quiet.
This was taken into consideration and our room was on the 7th floor.
Our room (7121) was fairly small, as was expected by the other reviews, but perfectly fit for purpose.
Very comfortable bed, with tv mounted on wall in front of it.
We opted for the walk-in shower bathroom, which was excellent.
Very modern, clean etc...
The shower could do with a little more power though (just personal preference)
Breakfast was just over £22 / person.
However, on checking in, we received a 50% voucher, making it just over £11/person. Still pretty steep, but more realistic.
Good selection of cooked food (bacon, scrambled eggs, omelette's, etc...) as well as cereals, fruits and pastries.
Only a couple of minor problems with this hotel:
There were not enough plug sockets.
I could only find one plug socket by the door- to charge our phones, cameras etc...
Later, I discovered two more hidden behind the desk in the room.
There were none by the bed, meaning I couldn't easily charge my phone overnight without having it across the other side of the room
Wifi didn't work.
Despite there being numerous notices up about the fast, free wifi throughout the hotel, the signal was so weak in room 7121 that it wouldn't connect.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Cumberland Hotel is one of London's most famous and finest four star hotels. Opposite Marble Arch it is perfectly located with superb service and facilities even boasting a Michelin Star among it's many accolades. It's inspiring lobby exhibit's inspirational original works of modern art, perfectly complimenting it's contemporary style. A great hotel in a perfect location in one of the world's great cities! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, LondonMarketing.com, TripOnline SA, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com and Otel so you can book your The Cumberland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Cumberland Hotel London
- Cumberland Hotel London
- Cumberland London
- The Cumberland London, England