“The two Swedes in room 101” 4 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   50 - 54 The Broadway, London W13 0SU, England   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #147 of 524 London B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“The two Swedes in room 101”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Nice, big and clean studio located with good transportlinks. Very helpful staff (We got to know Moin best and he was very keen to make our stay as good as possible). The Hotel has a very high stadard and I will highly recommend it.

Room Tip: Our only consern really is that we had breakfast incl. Every day you ticked some boxes on a form to...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Sheridon M, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Maitrise Suites Apartment Hotel, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so very much for taking the time to review your stay with us. We think that the apartments are well appointed and comfortable and as you mentioned the transportation links are very good, so this is a real plus for our customers.

I was concerned to read about the breakfast comments and I have addressed this with the team and will continue to monitor this.

Thank you again for sharing your experience with us and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Sheffield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

Finally arrived after walking from Ealing Broadway station. The welcome was friendly if not a little slow as other people have previously noted, however what has not been mentioned here was that they take a £50 damage deposit and pre authorise this from your card upon check in. Luckily we barely used anything, just a spoon so I wasn't worried about not getting this back but some prior warning would have been appreciated.

We were told upon check in that they had no studio apartments available which is what we'd booked and were duly upgraded to a 1 bedroom apartment. This was a very nice surprise, especially given other people's reviews about being housed in other hotels.

The apartment was lovely, Gangsters Paradise was the name of it. If I can come up with one criticism it is that the wooden floors were so slippery from whatever they've used to wash/wipe the floors that it was hard to stay up right at times, I can safely say that as a non drinker, none of these times were due to too much booze.

It's very conveniently located near to several supermarkets and other food outlets alongside the usual chain stores such as Boots and Wilkinsons.

All in all I was very pleasantly surprised and if I need to stay in Ealing again I will be booking into the apartments again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Sheridon M, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Maitrise Suites Apartment Hotel, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at BEST WESTERN Maitrise Suites.

I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the accomadation and found the location central and convenient.

The pre authorisation at check in is a standard procedure in most hotels. the transaction is blocked by the bank but the money is not taken and once you check out if there is nothing to be charged the bank will release this amount back.

We have taken on board your comments about the cleaning products on the wooden floor and we are looking at an alternative product.

Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.
AD
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

Book here at your peril.
below is an email I received the day before we are due to stay..

"We are contacting you regarding your reservation at the Best Western Maitrise Suites An Apartment Hotel on the 4th January.

Moin the manager has informed us that the hotel are unable to provide you with the Two-Bedroom Apartment you have booked, this is due to the hotel being overbooked.

However the manager does wish to offer you a One-Bedroom apartment at a lower cost of £100.

As the hotel are currently very busy we ask you confirm to us in the next 24 hours if you accept this alternative room."

3 people in 1 room.. ? hardly professional.. hardly acceptable for a mid range London Hotel..

If this is the way you are prepared to be treated then fine.. but there are much better options available.. this hotel is happy to shaft you.. DO NOT STAY HERE!

Room Tip: Please do not stay here.. this is my best tip for you..
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Yeovil, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

I would like to say a huge thanks to Moin who very kindly looked after us during our stay.
The hotel is roughly 20 minute walk from nearest Underground tube station ( Ealing Broadway) so a little way out of the main hub of London approx 20 minute tube ride on the central line to Oxford Circus. Good selection of local shops within walking distance.
Apartments very clean and well presented , decor very complimentary. Furniture in front rooms very comfortable. Bathroom have a nice selection of complimentary items including sewing kits and flannels etc.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Paul K, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Maitrise Suites Apartment Hotel, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post such a positive review of your stay with us!

It is always very rewarding to know that we are doing the right thing although it is fair to say that are a few areas that we can improve on.

Naturally I was very pleased to know that you enjoyed your time with us.

I do hope that you will consider returing to us in the near future.

Johannesburg, South Africa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

our first experience of the hotel wasnt fantastic we landed in london at 5am and so needed an early check in. They gave us so much hassles ahead of time suggesting that they were so busy they couldnt guarantee us one. When we got there they had sooo many available rooms an early check in wasnt a problem at all. That in itself isnt a catastrophe but we could have sorted all the admin out before hand and just walked into a room when we got there. In the end we had to deal with all that paperwork and nonsense after a long flight when we were tired and irritable - it could have been avoided...
we also had some problems with our airconditioning/heating but even after asking for it to be looked at we had no joy - we stayed for 9 nights so its a long time to have things not working ideally.
the room itself was nice and well appointed, well furnished and pretty comfortable too! our housekeepers were awesome and the room was always cleaned perfectly.
the people at reception were a mixed bag - we dealt with 3 people there, 1 really helpful, 1 kinda helpful and one not really helpful at all.
so on the whole we had some good and some bad which makes it average in our books...
its also a little far out of the centre of london so if you want to be close to the action this may not work for you.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post this review of your stay with us!

It is always very rewarding to know that our best efforts do not go unnoticed & although it is fair to say that are a few areas that we can improve on I was very pleased to know that you enjoyed your time with us.

I do hope that you will consider returing to us in the near future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

I would like to say a huge thank you especially to Moin who very kindly looked after us during our stay. He was very helpful, kind and professional. The apartment was fantastic for the very short stay we were there for us. It had everything we could have wanted in an apartment. The area was loaded with local shops so we did not have to go far to get any amenities.
I am definitely staying again in the near future and would strongly recommend it to anyone.
Thank you!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Paul K, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Maitrise Suites Apartment Hotel, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your kind review.

I was delighted to read your kind comments about Moin as he always does his best to deliver outstanding service.

I do hope that you will return to us in the near future.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

My partner and I stayed at the Best Western Maitrise in West Ealing for four nights and it is definitely not somewhere I would go back.

First off the hotel parking for £20 a day is literally a building site around the back of the hotel and can only take 4-5 cars. I was slightly dubious about the safety of my car tucked away round the back and also worried about other people scratching / bumping it as it's a tight place to park. Next the reception area of the hotel which whilst looking very nice, smelt of damp / drains. The receptionist was friendly but took quite a while to check me in and despite having paid on Laterooms, we were told that the room wasn't paid for...

We had booked one of the Luxury apartments with the hot tub and actually this is one of the best apartment layouts I've seen with a separate large bathroom, medium sized bedroom and large kitchen / lounge. That said the whole place smells of damp / drains, not too bad but you do notice it upon entering. The deck outside is really big and well screened with frosted glass BUT there are literally tens of pigeons and the whole place is covered in pigeon poo (and smells of it too). We wanted to use the hot tub but were unable to find any instructions and the buttons are completely indecipherable and were put off that underneath the decking there were roosting pigeons, eggs and poo everywhere. It smelt. Bad.

The lounge / kitchen looks great with plenty of space, nice side boards, table and chairs, sofa etc and the whole place was cleaned everyday which you don't always get with apartments. That said it lacked some basics essentials that we had to ask for but had varying success in receiving...so I had to ask for a hairdryer (received) and a tin opener (not received). Be aware there is quite a lot of 'stuff' in cupboards so you have to search all over to find things, for example, there were wine and champagne glasses in the sideboard and not in the glass cupboard.

The absolute worst part of this hotel? The beds! We stayed in a luxury double apartment and had one of those god awful beds where you have a hard, solid wooden base with two twin mattresses zipped together on top. You can't cuddle for falling down the crack, we both slept terribly all week and walked out with aches and pains from the poor support and lumpy mattresses. The pillows were pathetic, flat, part filled sacks and the sheets came off the bed every night being only just big enough to tuck under the sides. The duvet wasn't very big either and, a bit like the pillows, was lacking in filling. They seriously need to invest in this area as I'd expect this kind of bed in a hostel, not a 'boutique' apartment hotel.

The location of the hotel is ok but I didn't feel particularly safe walking late at night. It's about 10 min walk to West Ealing station and about 25 mins walk /7min bus ride to Ealing Broadway tube station. There are lots of shops around it but mainly cheap / pound shops. There is a Sainsburys 5 min walk away and an Iceland literally 30 seconds away as well as lots of grocers etc. To eat out though you need to head to Ealing Broadway as there are mainly sandwich / kebab shops around the hotel.

Overall, I liked the apartment layout but I wouldn't recommend this hotel. The damp smell was offputting and the pigeon situation around the hot tub was to be honest pretty foul. It's expensive for the location and I don't think I've slept that badly ever!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Paul K, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Maitrise Suites Apartment Hotel, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review on your recent stay.

I was disappointed to read your comments about the bed & the issue with the pigeons.

Please let me know if you would like to contact me directly so that I can try & resolve this matter for you..

I look forward to hearing from you.

P Kennedy

Been to BEST WESTERN Maitrise Suites Apartment Hotel? Share your experiences!