“Fantasic hotel for extended stay. Spacious, tastefully furnished rooms with equiped kitchen. Very friendly staff.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Maitrise Suites Apartment Hotel

You added BEST WESTERN Maitrise Suites Apartment Hotel to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Maitrise Suites Apartment Hotel
4.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   50 - 54 The Broadway, London W13 0SU, England   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #146 of 524 London B&B and Inns
Chandigarh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Best Western Maitrise Suites Apartment for almost two months. Our stay was very comfortable. The one bed room apartment was very spacious. The furnishing were very luxurious. The living room had lots of sunlight. The kitchen was well stocked with cooking range and oven along with basic utensils. This was great since we liked home cooked food. The rooms very clean and felt like newly renovated. The walls were decorated very nicely. The free internet access was a nice bonus as we preferred seeing Youtube videos instead of watching TV.
The hotel staff went out of their way to be helpful. The reception team made the check-in and check-out process very smooth and efficient. For any small query they were very responsive and gave suggestions on where to visit in London and shared their experiences in the city. When we decided to extend our stay at the hotel they helped us with the booking. Also the hotel general manager and manager were very receptive to feedback and made sure our stay was comfortable. The housekeeping staff was also very meticulous with the cleaning.
Location wise, hotel is on the main road with lots of shops and restaurants nearby. West Ealing National Rail station is only five minutes walk. Thus one can get to Central London in 15 minutes flat. Ealing Broadway tube station is also 15 minutes walk or 5 minutes by bus. Bus stop is right outside the hotel.

Room Tip: Road facing rooms are east facing so get good sunlight.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Paul K, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Maitrise Suites Apartment Hotel, responded to this review, March 7, 2012
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for providing such a wonderful review!

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us here at Best Western Maitrise Suites.

My team are totally dedicated to delivering the finest service & we are very proud of our hotel & everything we do here.

It is enriching for us to read such positive feedback & I am very pleased that you enjoyed your time with us & my sincere hope is that you will return to us in the near future.

P Kennedy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2012

The appartments are very clean, new and well decorated. All the staff very friendly.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for providing this kind review.

I was delighted to read that you were happy with your recent stay.

Over the past few weeks we have invested time in redecorating all of the apartments & we believe that we have a product & service that we can be proud of.

I do hope that you will consider returning to us in the near future & I look forward to welcoming you back.

Nottingham, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2012

One word, Amazing!! .. I've worked in Retail for over 6 years so the first thing I automatically notice is how the customer service is , and I was treated VERY! well. They were all so helpful and I really want to thank them for that, they make you feel so comfortable and welcome.
I stayed in a one bed apartment and it was soo nice and modern, so clean and well presented I could not describe it any better, absolutely beautiful, everything you needed was right there all you needed was to buy the food aha and get cooking. I will most defintely staying there again and I really hope I deal with the same people because they were so polite.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Reviewer,

I am so pleased to read such a positive review regarding your stay with us. It is truly heartening for the team to know that all our dedication & commitment is paying dividends & that our guests are enjoying their stay.

I was especially happy to read your compliments about our standards & service. This means a great deal to us as hoteliers.

It will be a pleasure to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future & I would be delighted to meet you when you return.

Thank you for taking the time to post this review.

Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2012

not enough words to say how pleased we were with the hotel. It wasn't easy to find but once we did what a place. super room clean fresh and modern. I couldn't believe what was in the kitchen everything we woul have needed if we had gone self catering. Even a washing machine. the staff were very friendly and helpful. If you want it just ask. Having breakfast brought to the room was a new one on us. We were looking out onto the road but it wasn't as busy as the road we are on at home. We had no incidents of noise other reviews mention, I had the window open all night. We are definately going to use this hotel again if we go to London again and wouldn't hesitate recomending it to others. The shower was brilliant I want one!

Room Tip: we were in 101 and loved it. A back room would be away from the road
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Paul K, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Maitrise Suites Apartment Hotel, responded to this review, March 1, 2012
Dear Reviewer,

I am delighted to read such wonderful & positive comments form your recent stay with us.

We take immense pride in our product & service & it is so refreshing to learn that our guests have enjoyed their stay with us.

Our greatest desire is to see our guests returning to us on a regular basis & I was very pleased to read that you intend to do that.

I look forward to welcoming you back to us in the near future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2012

When we arrived at the hotel we were upgraded to the presidential suite free of charge as we are best western rewards members. (the names bond room) (room 303). The lady on reception was very friendly and helpful And wanted to show us around the room. I was very impressed by the size, and furnishing and to top it off a very large balcony and Hugh hot tub. the kitchen area was Lovley and a perfect way to save £££ as meals in London can be very expensive. The Hotel is very easy to get to get the central line to Ealing broadway and walk straight down for about 10-15 mins or get a bus (free if you have your tube ticket). There are lots of great shops and restaurants very close to the hotel if you wanted to eat out. If not there is a Tesco express 3 mins away. The bed room tv has a DVD player if you wanted to take movies. Although we did not use the hottub as most nights it was freezing, I am rebooking my next trip at this hotel hopefully in the same room for may so we use the tub then. Cannot wait to go back! To sum up Great Staff, Great Location, beautiful rooms and ample space. Xx

• Stayed February 2012
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking time to provide such a lovely review.

I was thrilled to read that you enjoyed the James Bod themed Presidential Suite but I do hope that next time you will use the hot tub on the roof as it is a great experience!

It is always so refreshing to read positive comments from our valued guests & of course we would be delighted to welcome you back when you return.

london
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2012

I agree with other reviews,this hotel looks nice, furnished well. But not all is as it seems. Whilst booking this hotel, the receptionist could hardly speak english. So was very hard to understand him, he was very friendly. whilst enquiring he said he would take my number and call back. i told him my number and he repeated it back to me wrong, so the second time around, we tried again, he repeated it wrong again. Thrid time i repeated very clearly and very slowly, he got it! he said he would ring me back within half an hour. A few hours later I recieved no call..so I rang back and asked if he had any joy, he said he tried to ring back. In the end we found out he still was ringing the wrong number, I felt sorry for him as he was very nice bless him. My room I ended up booking online. We got the presidential suite with the jaccuzi.

Upon arrival, The receptionist was female, again could not speak very good english. On the website room description, it states free parking. We were told that we had to pay 20 pounds parking, which i do not know any hotel that does this, its not like its an upmarket london hotel with valet parking either! Its ealing Broadway, and obvious the owner is either trying to pay his rent or make a bit of cash.

we were shown to our room. The room met the eye. On the room description, it states you get a free bottle of champage and box of chocolates. We had none of this. So we tried to call reception but our phone in the room did not work. We went down from the top floor to reception. The receptionist said she has not heard of this. So I showed her the website and she said "ahh oh yes, I forgot" so she said she would bring it up, and come and fix our phone.

We waited about half an hour patiently. When she arrived, she bought us a bottle of wine from the shop opposite and childrens chocolate money! At this point me and my partner just laughed it off, as easy going people. She looked at the phone and told us its not working! and she cant do anything about it, they had no technician (at 3pm) and she didnt know what to do. I said "cant you ring your manager" she said "umm errm no". This was very unhelpful, she asked us to call reception off our mobile phones. VERY UNPROFESSIONAL!

Next alot of the kitchen utensils were missing, and had no glasses to drink from, we had to call reception from our mobiles. Even though theres a hot tub on the terrace. There was a garden light, or what I thought was one. I tried flicking the switch inside bt the patio door and nothing happened. So I called reception from my mobile, the lady couldnt understand first. And she said, "theres no electric, ok bye" and hung up. It was either a dummy light, or the bulb needed replacing. Me and my partner were very confused. We rang again quite frustrated, and the receptionist asked us to use the lamp that was indoors as the cable is long enough to reach the patio. This was a huge safety hazzard!The electrical wire was stretched out to the maximum, and could easily be tripped over.

Whilst enjoying the hot tub the head rests kept coming off and floating in the water, also tried connecting out i-pod as we were told we could. But nothing happened. When the receptionist tried showing us she said "you can have music, but i dont know how to work it, so you have to do it" We tried tuning the radio but that didnt work either. After about 10 minuters i screech with an ouch, It felt like something bit my foot, I jumped straight out and my foor was bleeding quite alot. I had a very deep cut, so we had to call for bandages, again off our mobiles. my partner and I didnt go back in the hot tub, and we emptied it to find lots of glass in the bottom. I was absolutely shocked by this.

We went back into the apartment, very stressed and upset, our Anniversarry felt like shambles! We rang the lady from our mobile and complained, she started to become very blunt and rude with alot of attitude. We went downstairs as she was not listening to us, to find her texting on her mobile. After speaking to her she did not help much, but said we had a special offer room rate anyway as the room was usually 20 pounds more, so this should make up for it. We were quite annoyed and went to our room so dissapointed.

Through the night all we could hear was shouting from outside of young people, fighting. It was very noisy and unpleasant. The next morning before leaving we made a little complaint, to another receptionist. She said on our next stay we will get a discount and to ring her manager, and notes will be on their system. Thinking next time it may be better as we can inform them of all the problems.

I went to book for my birthday the second time around, we spoke to the staff on the reception, and the lady said, she will ring me back. She never did. So I rang back, and the lady was listening, but someone walked into the reception and i heard a "hello" and she started talking to this person and put the phone down on me. I thought it may be an accident. So i rang back, and the Receptionist answered abruptly "HELLO" I said we must of got cut off. She said can you call me back in 10 minutes please, I thought it was odd, a hotel tellling the customer to call back!? So i rang back and we discussed the matter she said she would ring back. This went on for a whole week.. I got no where. I thought im getting no where because we cannot communicate. So i rang a week later asking for the manager, i was told 3 days in a row he will be there the following day.

After the chasing, I got to speak to the manager, and he said sorry the rooms booked the day we want it. So we said can we book it the week after with out discount. And he said he doesnt know if its free and will ring us back. He didnt ring back. So my partner rang back, and spoke to him saying this is terrible service, but was not rude. The manager then says, well it seems like your not happy with my hotel, so why dont u go and stay somewhere else! My partner was quite angry by this time, asking how can he run a business in such a way! The manager said I own it I can do what i like! My partner said this is very immature and unprofessional. So we asked for a head office number for Best Western. The manager laughed and said, there is no head office, this is my hotel no one tells me what to do with it, so your wasting your time! The phone was on loudspeaker by this time, I was absolutely appauled, i said what a disgrace, this is terrible service! The manager told us that we are barred from the hotel, and he is marking this on his "system". I just couldnt believe it!

This hotel looks nice untill you dig deep, i dont moan about small petty things. But in this hotel they all added up and blew up in our face. If you get on the wrong side of the staff, they dont stay proffessional..even though we did. They give you attitude and are rude and try to make you feel so small.

The only reason we wanted to go back was we thought they may have sorted the hot tub out, and there are not many hotels around this area with private hot tubs. After doing our research, we have heard rumours of one opening in west london at the same sort of prices. I am so shocked by this hotel as that was just some of our experiences, we are taking the matter further. Trading Standards, HR etc, People shouldnt be allowed to run businesses in this way. Luckily we have photos of the glass in the hot tub, and pictures of things. And My partner is in the law industry so he was quite clever, and recorded the phone calls with the manager after the receptionist arguing and giving him attitude. he initially done it to show the manager! Any one staying here, I wont say do or dont stay here, i hope your stay is not as bad as ours!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
This review has been reported to Trip Advisor as an untrue account of this person's stay with us.

Melton Mowbray, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2011

I stayed here with family on the weekend of 22/23rd october, we had a twin and a double room, all on the same floor which was brillant.
The room or should i say apartment was very big, you have a kitchen nice sized living room a very spacious bath room and a good sized bedroom. However the finishing touches werent the best, on the bathroom door there were foundation finger prints all down the side and the bottom of the bath was peeling off from where water had been sitting. Couldnt complain about the rest of the rooms, however working in a hotel industry you expect ceritan things to be kepted on top of such as marks on the walls, which wouldnt take two mintues to touch up.Another was that the double bed was just two singles pushed together, made it uncomfortable if you rolled into the middle.

If you stay on any floor apart from the top expect a sleepless night. We stayed on the 2nd floor and from 11pm to 5am all we could hear was footsteep thumping along the corridor and back again. I am a light sleeper, so left it for a while to see if whoever was upstairs would calm down. After a certain time of not being able to sleep i phoned the reception after but there was no answer. i think the most sleep i got was between 5 and 8am.

All the staff are friendly enough with helping you, However really read the small print about there car park, we had booked through a different company than directly and wasnt told about the car parking, after looking on there website we found they had a small carpark but no prices on there website, it wasnt until we had checked in and was told it was £20 a day to keep your car there, this was fustrating as there is a public car park opposite which after 6pm you could park for free and only had to update you ticket from 7 in the morning. Even 3 hours was only about £4.

I wouldnt go back to this hotel but if your traveling through its not bad as you have your own cooking facitlies to make anything you need. TVs, are all on freeview which was great as most hotels either dont provide them or only have selected channels. Couldnt find any wifi to the hotel but there was many others poping up which you could conncet to.

Had a nice stay, would only stay here again if i brought ear plugs.

Room Tip: only a top room, as you wont hear any footsteps.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family

Been to BEST WESTERN Maitrise Suites Apartment Hotel? Share your experiences!