“Amazing!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Alternative London Tours

Alternative London Tours
Brick Lane, London, England (East End / East London)
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #8 of 1,017 Activities in London
More attraction details
Owner description: Discover the London you won't find in the guide books with London's original off-the-beaten-track tour provider! Come with us to explore the culture, community and street art of London's vibrant East End. We offer unique and original walking tours, bike tours and pub tours and as London's original street art tour provider we also offer street art workshops led by our team of street artists. Tour prices start at pay-what-you-want so there's something for everyone at a price to suit all budgets. Let our expert guides show you the real London, from a local's perspective!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Crewe, United Kingdom
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

This street tour opened my eyes to the world of street art. There was something new around every corner and Doug was a very passionate and informative guide. Very glad I went, and would highly reccomend it .

Visited January 2014

London, United Kingdom
“Doug street art”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

Wow what a very educated and delightful tour guide. Doug was fantastic and able to always keep up interest. An excellent and well prepared tour and information.. Thanks I learnt so much about the history of the area and the artists.

Victoria, Seychelles
“Great tour, great guides, great experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

I have been to London several times and wanted to experience something different. Doug showed us à round east london in an Entertaining yet instructive way. An experience worth living. We had a great time and saw great street art that we wouldn't have been able to see without the guide.

Paris, France
“A entertaining yet deep tour i highly recommend.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

I went on the tour with Ben Slow, and i highly recommend it. It allowed us to see some amazing pieces of street art, with a unique view of it's evolution and futur in this forever changing city. It was defenitly nice for a foreigner to be told this story by someone from this part of town, and to see that everywhere people are promoting all type of artistic heritage.

London, England, United Kingdom
“Ben Slow, if you're reading this. You are a ledge.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014 via mobile

Hands down. Best walking tour I've ever done. I've lived in East London for only 3 months and I felt i needed to know more. Ben is an expert and is clearly passionate about his hood and street art. I loved the no Banksy disclaimer at the beginning and as Ben told us, we didn't need to see Banksy. The art was everywhere and it was incredible. You need to do this tour as there is so much you miss wandering the streets by yourself. I highly recommend this tour. It's not too long, good balance of history, art and moaning about gentrification. Keep up the good work Ben. 11 out of 10.

Visited January 2014