“See the best of London!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Alternative London Tours

Alternative London Tours
Brick Lane, London, England (East End / East London)
Website
Improve this listing
Book Now

Ranked #5 of 612 activities in London
Type: Tours
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Discover the London you won't find in the guide books with London's original off-the-beaten-track tour provider! Come with us to explore the culture, creativity and community of London's vibrant East End. We offer unique and original walking tours and bike tours, an Alternative London shopping experience and a combined street art tour and workshop led by those who know the scene best - the artists. Tour prices start at pay-what-you-want so there's something for everyone at a price to suit all budgets. Let our expert guides show you the real London, from a local's perspective.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
New York City, New York
“See the best of London!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

Took this tour the other day and have already recommended it to everyone I can! It is perfect for a tourist looking for a better option than the tour buses but also great for people living in London. Had a tour guide called Ben who was incredibly knowledgable and highly passionate about the area, the art work and the local scene who treated us to the London he knows and loves. He was well informed not just about the street art and artists but also about the local area, the immigration trends that have shaped it into what it is today and also included a bit of eye opening into the gentrification of the city. Well worth the two hours in the wind, would totally do it again! Thanks Ben!

Visited February 2013
AlternativeLondon, Owner at Alternative London Tours, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Thanks for taking the time to write us such a positive review and for reccomending us to others. Reviews and reccomendations like yours are what keeps our small independent business running. We're glad that Ben's enthusiasm rubbed off onto you, come back and see us again next time you're in London!
Thanks again,

Brussels, Belgium
“must do”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

very nice tour! You see a part of london you probably wouldn't otherwise. Awesome street art :-) Tour guide (ben) was very good en it was obvious that he knows what he's talking about. You also get a little bit of history en fun facts about that part of london. A real must do!

Visited February 2013
Thanks for taking the time to write us a review of your tour. We're really glad you enjoyed it. You're right, Ben really does know his stuff and loves to pass his passion on to others.
Ulsan, South Korea
3 attraction reviews
“The best ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

Maybe a quote from the white chicks movie, it makes me laugh,
it sums up the tour, it's a must do,
I will recommend to everyone I know
If your reading this, then book it and enjoy
We really went on his for my daughters 21st birthday, it actually turned out to be very good for us all, street art reminds me of my punk days in the late 70s early 80s it's full of passion with a certain amount of rebellion built in, some unbelievable talented people around
Ben was a true east end gent, someone you can easily relate to, informative and worth every penny or pound
I was surprised how little some people put in the hat
These guys can easily pay 30 quid to visit a crap talentless exhibition in town " believe it or not"
Many fantastic photos taken and lasting memories
I would go again without hesitation and buy Ben a beer any day
Thanks for a great 2 hour tour (made me feel all like trying to do some art)
Mark, Liz and Amy

Hi Mark,
Thanks for taking the time to leave us your feedback. We're delighted that you really 'got' what we do and that you and your family had a great time with us. We hope your daughter enjoyed the rest of her 21st birthday. We can't thank you enough for choosing one of our tours as part of such a special occasion.
Stamford, Lincolnshire
3 attraction reviews
“Things I'd never noticed before”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

Ben, our tour guide was so full of enthusiasm for London it was hard for it not to be contagious. It was one of the windiest days in London and yet the 2 hour trip was nothing but perfect. I thought I knew London but I was shown things I'd never noticed before & probably wouldn't have noticed on my own. There's also a little bit of interesting local history thrown in along the way!
At the end, Ben takes his hat off (even in 30mph winds!!!) and you donate however much money you see fit for the tour. I was tempted to pop my credit card in, but realised I still needed to pay bills too!
Amazng idea, amazing scenery & an amazing tour guide!

Visited February 2013
Thanks so much for taking the time to give us your feedback. We're really glad that you enjoyed the tour despite the wind!
Many thanks again,
AL
London, United Kingdom
“Best way to spend a weekend in London”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

Our tour guide was awesome! Gary found us wondering around Rivington St and took us to the Red Park where the Alternative London Tours "office" was parked. We had a quick chat, tested our bikes and hit the road. It was such an enjoyable experience, discovering not just street art, but also interesting anecdotes about London that you can't find in books. Gary was extremely knowledgable, entertaining and passionate about the tour. Absolutely the best way to spend an alternative weekend in London!

Visited February 2013
AlternativeLondon, Owner at Alternative London Tours, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Hi Rosaria,
Thanks for posting this great review of your tour with me. It was really nice to meet you both and I had a great time showing you around. Days like that are certainly not like work to us and I enjoyed my afternoon just as much as you guys!
Gary.