“Enjoyable stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Britannia Hampstead Hotel

You added Britannia Hampstead Hotel to your Saves list
Britannia Hampstead Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Primrose Hill Rd | Swiss Cottage, London NW3 3NA, England (Camden / Primrose Hill)   |
Ranked #833 of 1,065 Hotels in London
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Enjoyable stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

Stayed in Britannia Hampstead Hotel on a family trip to London. We chose to stay at this hotel because of the easy access to Kingcross and Euston Stations. After reading other reviews I was a bit apprehensive about staying at this hotel, however, I can honesty say that myself and my family found the hotel to be very comfortable. My family (myself, husband, 17 year old and 11 year old) booked adjoining rooms for a 3 night stay. We had 2 adjoining rooms, with an internal door between, which allowed us 2 separate sleeping areas and 2 bathrooms. Rooms were very warm, with very comfortable and clean twin beds. Bathroom was adequate and the shower very powerful - towels changed every day. Tea making facilities also very good and replenished daily. We had booked b&b basis and found the breakfast plentiful, cooked to a good standard and replenished regularly. We also ate in the hotel one night and ordered bar meals which were good value for money. Hotel was handy for central london with Chalk Farm underground about a 10 minute walk away. All in all a thorougly enjoyable stay and great value for money. Also staff at reception very pleasant and helpful.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (175)
  • Greek first
Essex
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

On the positive side the desk staff were friendly and quite helpful but that's the only positive thing. I made the booking more than 4 weeks in advance and paid in full in advance. The first room we were allocated was number 20 - in the basement and with no windows smelling of drains and stale cigarettes. I've never slept in a room without windows as I've never been to jail and I didn't spend £105 for the experience. When I said the room was unacceptable I was told the hotel was very busy and the only other room they had was a twin bedded room number 203. It did have windows but it was scruffy, dirty, someone had obviously been lying on the bed, the carpet and all the upholstery were stained, the wallpaper was peeling, the door to the room had been kicked in at some stage and badly repaired. We would never have stayed in normal circumstances but as we were attending an event locally and by then it was too late to find an alternative we did use the room. We left at 7.30am the next moring and I was very relieved to get home and have a shower. I complained and gave feedback to the Head Office but have not received a response. Quite simply the most horrible hotel room I've ever stayed in.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
SINGH21, General Manager at Britannia Hampstead Hotel, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Dear Essexrosabel,
Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience, you had written to our customer services department on 17th October 2012 at 11.32, we promptly replied pending investigation on 18th october 2012 at 11.59
Your concerns are being investigated and I will respond directly to yourself in due course,
Best Regards,
Sydney
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

Checked in here with some trepidation after reading reviews, and having had a negative experience at Russell Hotel. However, I was very pleasantly suprised.
Staff were attentive and helpful. True, the room itself was basic and appeared a bit shabby but was clean and warm and the bed was very comfortable. Has complimentary tea and coffee facilities.TV easy to use and good reception. Good strong shower.
Really appreciated the excellent FREE and reliable wireless internet.
Cost very reasonable indeed. Overall, would stay there again withouth hesitation and recommend to others.

Room Tip: ask for a room with a window. I read in traveladvisor that some rooms dont have a window, so I asked...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Barnsley, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

Stayed one night during Olympics. Got a good deal for B and B. Cannot fault hotel in any way. Nice clean room, great location in beautiful area. Lovely breakfast. Staff really friendly and helpful. Would stay there again without hesitation.

• Stayed August 2012
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for three nights during October and I was worried about staying since reading the reviews but its nothing like them. Could be updated and more selection of snacks and drinks at the bar but overall it was a good stay and would recommend thanks

• Stayed October 2012
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

stayed here for 4 nights from 1st to 5th october 2012 was kinda worried before i got there after some of the reviews i had read on here but i shouldnt have as i found the staff really helpful and my friend and myself are already planning to book here again for next year

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Hampshire, UK
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

Unfortunately my husband and I stayed here one night in October for business, room was awful. Staff were indifferent. When I complained to Reception, no comment was made. Are the staff too frightened to say anything? Everything old and worn out. Warning signs up everywhere, (counted about 15 in the car park). Clearly they don't trust their staff or the customers. Only need one sign on front door 'STAY AT YOUR PERIL'.

Room Tip: Don't go.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
SINGH21, General Manager at Britannia Hampstead Hotel, responded to this review, October 6, 2012
Dear Paula s,

Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience, we take pride in our service to all our guests and it seems we missed the opportunity to wow your kind self. I take note of your concerns and will certainly ensure we keep living up to our usual high standards. We are in process of upgrading our rooms as they become available.

Car park disclaimer signs are in line with operational requirements of the business.

We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again.
Best Regards

Been to Britannia Hampstead Hotel? Share your experiences!