“In urgent need of attention” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Kings Hotel

You added Kings Hotel to your Saves list
Kings Hotel
60-62 Queensborough Terrace, London W2 3SH, England (Bayswater / Notting Hill / Lancaster Gate )   |
Ranked #978 of 1,066 Hotels in London
Llandudno, United Kingdom
“In urgent need of attention”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014 via mobile

Whilst its a great location, the hotel urgently needs a decent house keeping service very poor cleaning, loose and uneven tiles in toilet, spare pillows without slips, breakfast was a big dissapointment served by a poor girl who struggled with english, her helper just sat and did nothing overall it wasca poor start to the day, giving people bedrooms in the cellar is also a bit unerving if you like windows, the owners need to get cracking on a refurbishment and getting to grips with housekeeping issues, the location 3 minutes from the Queensway tube couldnt be better, lots of shops, fast food, cafes and restaurants nearby make this a great location for a cheap stay in London.

• Stayed December 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Derby, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

This hotel is self certified... One thing you need to know before stopping in hotel are ratings.
Self rated hotels often do NOT meet standard hotel ratings such as '1* - 5* hotels' and this is reflected in the lack of quality and comfort this hotel has. Our review is happy to state that this hotel is NOT a two star rating!

The hotel is situated between two tube stations and two streets away from a bustling street filled with a shopping center, high street stores and plenty of brick-a-brack shops and cafe's. Fantastic street by the way!

Back at the hotel however, we were left fumbling around at the reception desk for around 5 minutes looking for a reservation number through E-Mails we didn't have on us at the time. The lady behind the desk had our reservation with card details and my full name in her hand but insisted we could only check in with the reservation confirmation, after five minutes fumbling around and having staff having a conversation in a different language right next to us while giving us funny looks, we finally got our room key... Room 25.

The room was attached to a stupidly large number plaque, so we went upstairs... put the key in the door after trying to find the room being sent up a staircase that works backwards in numbers instead of being set up the opposite side of the building(In which we discovered was also a staircase that arrived at the reception desk)

Opening the door we were immediately disappointing, there were 3 beds with dirty linen on them, various marks on the walls and a half hanging off curtain at the window. The TV was fixed almost the same height as the top of the bathroom door and was pointing upwards with no TV remote in sight.

We went into the room and took a look around there was a kettle with tea, coffee and milk... Shame there was no plug socket to plug the kettle in. The two available sockets in the room looked like if you plugged something into them they would blow up in your face or electrocute you. (See our pictures) We plugged the phone charger into the bedside cabinet plug socket and it buzzed loudly and crackled every now and then so we didn't use them. The other plug socket was located too high to plug a kettle in.

The floor was dirty and the bathroom door handle was held in by two large bolts and two screws and looked a bit dodgy, there was a sign on the toilet stating you should only flush it every 3 minutes. The bathroom floor was cracked in multiple places so walking on it barefoot is not advised and the bathtub was discussing, dirty and the taps were something out of a rundown motel.

Breakfast at the hotel was simple and not worth paying for, toast and some cold alternatives. This can be smelt through the entire hotel during breakfast time (Even when the door is shut) which brings us to a bigger problem...

We left for a night out and arrived back at around 10pm to find that the hotel room door doesn't lock automatically when it shuts so it was left open the entire time... There's no indication this should happen, nor are there any signs to say lock your door when you leave. Unlike most hotel rooms which automatically lock when you shut them.

I wouldn't say the hotel is a safe one, nor would I say the hotel staff are friendly.
I asked during my stay for some paper if possible and I got one sheet, this was after I got a funny look and the guy behind the desk paused for a few seconds, I felt like it was a sin to ask for paper... so much h so that I didn't bother asking for a pen aswel.

Not a top hotel, ertianly down at the very bottom of London hotels and definitely not worth the two self certified stars or money paid.

Room Tip: Don't stay at the hotel, poor quality.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Nottingham, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

One word DISGUSTING. Do not stay here it was one of the worse hotels I had ever had the misfortune of staying in. Staffs was rude, no hot water, the breakfast was a complete joke a couple of hard croissants and slices of bread. I had to ask for coffee several times from the stand around waiters who rolled their eyes and didn’t speak sooooooooo rude. The whole place had a sad, old and unloved feel to it. Shame really because I bet in its hay day it would have been beautiful. I actually felt embarrassed that people from all over the world were coming to experience our wonderful London City and then being subjected to a disgusting hotel like the Kings. I want people to go back home talking about their amazing time in London not what a cr@p hotel they stayed in!!

Room Tip: go some where else!!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

This quite basic hotel provides what you pay for. At the prices charged this is what you get. A standard table fan stuck to the wall . Battered furniture, a toilet light that didn't work and a hard mattress . Everything works though. I didn't ask for the tv remote. (It is required) room was clean and the room warm.

Stayed October 2013
Christchurch, New Zealand
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

This has to be the worst value-for-money hotel I have stayed in (and this is hotel #23 on a 6 week trip to Europe). Sure you don't expect much for your money in London, and single rooms are often small, but I don't expect a room cluttered with cast-off electrical appliances, no room for a small suitcase, no bath mat, no hand towel, the thinnest pillow so it is uncomfortable to read in bed, and a ration of 1 teabag per day! There was no hot water in the shower - just the merest trickle of cold. And don't get me started on the breakfast, which takes minimalism to a high art - toast & cornflakes plus some kind of sweet orange cordial (period)! No fruit, even canned, no fruit juice....
The reception staff are friendly enough and have adequate English, but no local knowledge. When I asked for directions to the V&A the receptionist helpfully suggested I google it! When I asked for a bath mat as the tiled floor is slippery they laughed.

Room Tip: Make sure you don't get 12. The noise from other guests on the stairs plus the cold draft under...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Lincoln City, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

After reading some negative reviews, I was worried about whether my stay would be pleasant at the Kings Hotel. But I need not have been concerned. When I arrived on September 27,2013, I was checked into a clean, newly remodeled room...yes, it was small, but it was comfortable and completely adequate. The location was ideal - just a block from Hyde Park and a three minute walk to Queensway tube. Groups of foreign students came and went as hotel guests during my eight day stay, and they all were well behaved with no noisy late night disturbances. Best of all was the helpful staff - and especially Sylvia - who went far beyond the normal level of assistance to make my stay pleasant, safe, and comfortable! It is a budget hotel, but it offers an outstanding experience for a reasonable price.

Estle
Lincoln City, OR

Room Tip: Be specific about what you need, as the hotel is quite accommodating.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Liverpool, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

This is the most disgusting hotel I've ever been in, filthy and the worst customer service EVER. When we arrived we walked in to reception and the staff didn't say a word to us! When we went up to our room which was dirty, dusty, rubbish under the beds, broken towel rail, blood on the pillow case, mattresses filthy stained and about 100 years old. There was a fan attached to the wall above a bed, hairdryer wires taped up, burnt out and cracked plug sockets, filthy bathroom, curtains, you had to wait 3 minutes to flush the toilet!? We complained and the manager came to look and asked why we'd pulled the bed out, didn't apologise once then said he'd get it sorted and that it was a basic room. I understand it's basic but it should be clean!! When we discovered the state of the mattresses we went to speak to the manager again and found that water was leaking through the light on the stairs, we told the girl at reception who didn't seem to be surprised and didn't act on it!! No one came to speak to us again so we decided to ask for a full refund and went to another hotel. They were not bothered one bit. I have no idea how that place is still open. Avoid at all costs.

Room Tip: Avoid at all costs!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Kings Hotel? Share your experiences!