“Impossible to sleep!!” 1 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Toulouse, France
“Impossible to sleep!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

Stayed here a few night, and impossible to sleep. Could here everything from the other apartments, and when I say everything, even when they were in the toilet...! Each night around midnight a truck came below oru window, which was waking us up if we were sleeping. The fridge kept making awful noise every 30 minutes.
If you want to sleep in the morning, forget it, the cleaning ladies start their work at eight o'clock. same thing if you would like to have a rest in the afternoon, they are still working, slamming the door pulling their trolley without being careful.
Awful stay

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
ANNECURTIN, Area Manager at Citadines Barbican London, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
Thank you for your feedback.

We read with much concern about the unpleasant experience you encountered during your stay with us.

We always encourage our residents to bring their concern to the Duty Manager at the time when any issues arise. The purpose of this is to ensure that all concerns are addressed promptly with the objective of making our resident's stay with us a pleasant one. I am very sorry to learn that you were left with an unpleasant experience.

I hope that you will reconsider staying with us or any of our other serviced residences,
giving us another opportunity to serve you better.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
wales
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

Stayed here 1 night as at a conference in the Barbican, very close. Was told on booking in how to pull the bed down. That should have told me what I was in for!
Once you pull down the double bed you cannot walk around the room. Bed was comfortable however. The room was like a sauna - but it was not that warm outside. Windows open and still too hot so had to take cover off the duvet and just use that as a sheet! It smelled of smoke although supposedly non smoking. Towels old and rough. TV didn't work, man came and fixed it. Very complicated to access wifi.
I paid £174 for 1 night - was advertised as 150 ish and the rest was added as tax etc. That is no value for money at all, even in London.

Room Tip: Don't go there.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

I am sorry to read that you di not enjoy your stay with us. Clearly on this ocassion we did not meet your expectations. I have shared your comments with my Housekeeper and Maintenace engineer and have asked that they look into your concerns.

In regards to the rate, hospitality pricing in London, as in any other major city, is very much market-driven. It also has a direct relation to the various factors such as location, product, availability and demand within the given vicinity.

Once again please accept my sincere apologies.
Glasgow, Scotland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012 via mobile

My recommendation is do not stay here, luckily I only had to stay the one night to be honest I wouldn't have even stayed that had I the choice. Checkin was fine, got to room and thought oh where's te bed then realised it was a pull down one, the carpet was covered in stains saying that the rest of the room was clean. But to top of my stay I turned on the tap in the bath got the water to the correct temperature only to then try and switch it to the shower to find out it didn't work due to the fact I needed to get to a meeting I had no choice but to lean over and washy hair under the tap, when I advised on check out all I got was a sorry an asked if I reported it, well no I didnt have time to get dressed wait on someone come up to look at it and most likely not fix it anyway. I am sorry but I know that things break but I got the impression this had been broken for a while how did the cleaners not find it when cleaning the room

• Stayed September 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay with us.

I am sorry to read that you did not enjoy your stay with us and my sincere apologies for the obvious inconvenience caused to you.

I have shared your comments with both my Housekeeper and Maintenance Engineer and have asked that they ensure that the communication between both departments is improved.

As for the carpets, they are cleaned weekly or whenever a new resident arrives. Professional deep cleaning is also done bi-annually. Despite this regular cleaning, we apologise that we still failed to meet your expectations with the level of cleanliness.

Once again my sincere apologies.
obr2000
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012 via mobile

I have Stände there now a Couplet of Times. The Hotel is an Alternative Compactdisc to Standard Hotels. The small pantry in Roms would you to prekäre for small Metal. The Roms are small and inferior is Bit worn but the Roms are clean. Dont Booker the breakfast it is over priced.

Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Leeds
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

Stayed here in a studio went with my boyfriend who was working close by. Location was great only a mile or so away from most of the attractions and enjoyed walk but was close to the tube if you wanted to use that also. Room was good enough for the break it had a mini kitchen with everything you needed and a dishwasher. Breakfast was good. And nice Indian on opposite side of the road towards the national museum

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
ANNECURTIN, Area Manager at Citadines Barbican London, responded to this review, September 3, 2012
Thank you for your review about our serviced residence.

We are happy to hear that you have enjoyed our facilities and the location.

We hope you will stay with us again.
Sheffield, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

The room was small, it reminded me of the accommodation that I used to stay in as a student at university.

It was very expensive at almost £150 per night and only had a very unfortable sofabed.

The room was not serviced in the three days that I stayed.

The room was very dark and the furnishing, especially the bed looked very shabby.

I shalln't return.

Room Tip: Rooms on the back of the building look directly into student accommodation and are very dark.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write your review.

I am sorry to read that overall you did not enjoy your stay with us and that we were unable to make you feel more at home and comfortable.

As an Apart'hotel we do not clean the rooms on a daily basis, this is advertised as such on all our internet booking partners, my apologies if this was not explained to you during check-in.

Thank you once again for writing the review.
Grimsby, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2012

We stayed here to go and see Arsenal Emirates Cup and we got an apartment here, the room itself was clean enough with sufficient bathroom, bed, kitchenette ect but the parking was certaily not ideal, then again it is London, the room was so hot and stuffy, we turned all heating off and had window fully open all night bith nights and it was so hot there was just no wind or breeze, London is very different to where we live as always breeze but this meant we were so uncomfortable it was just so stuffy, the second night the heating turned itself back on by itself and would not turn off, therefore we were inconsolable, i could not wait to go home, it was also £120 for two nights which we thought was quite good actually but we had to haggle for that. It could have been much more. If you had to stay around here i suppose it was ok and better than hotel for fridge, ect and atleast we could make ice in freezer for heat, although we bought ice trays as there wasnt any. Alright place to stay for sink kettle ect.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your feedback and my apologies for the inconvenience caused to you.

We read with concern about the experience you encountered during your stay with us.

We always encourage our residents to bring their concern to the Duty Manager at the time when any issue arises. The purpose is to ensure that your concerns are addressed promptly with the objective of making your stay with us a pleasant one.

Please do not hesitate to contact me should you wish discuss further, max.phillips@the-ascott.com

Been to Citadines Barbican London? Share your experiences!