“Perfect Location” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
West Yorks England
“Perfect Location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012 via mobile

This hotel is in the most perfect location!! Perfect for a stroll to Kensington Palace Gardens or a walk in the beautiful Hyde Park.
Lovely room, very comfy beds.
Superb service and delicious breakfast. Excellent value.

• Stayed September 2012
GMthistle, General Manager at Thistle Kensington Gardens, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to review Thistle Kensington Gardens. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us, and our location to Hyde Park and Kensington Gardens was perfect for you. Thanks again for your review and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Best regards. Billy & Team.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (356)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Hicksville, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

We stayed nights last fall at this hotel. The staff was wonderful. They checked my wife and myself into a room overlooking the park at no extra charge. I thought the breakfast offered was fabulous. The adjoining sitting area was very comfortable. For the location and price in London
I thought it was a great value

Room Tip: Ask for room overlooking Hyde Park
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to review Thistle Kensington Gardens. I happy to hear that you received a complimentary upgrade into one of our park facing rooms, and our location and price was seen as great value. I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Best regards. Billy & Team.
Denton, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

The hotel was clean, great location, Each day we enjoyed Kensington Garden right across the street. staff friendly, accommodating and helpful . We were always warmly greeted. The room was spacious. very nice, pleasant, cozy and well decorated. It was a relaxing welcome after a long long flight. The tub and shower were clean. Plenty of good water pressure. Little shampoo, soap and lotions provided daily. Plenty of hot water. Fresh water bottles in the room both still and sparkling. Maid service came daily. My only real complaint was the lack of a towel rack as a repair had apparently been recently done to the wall but the rack had not yet been replaced but it was a minor inconvenience compared to the great value we were given. The hotel is located over a gas station which was no problem because we enjoyed the money and time saving availability for a quick snack or meal. One suggestion I would like to make is for free WiFi to all guests and unlimited. We were given access cards free of charge but sometimes did not work and were limited which made it difficult to make reservations and plan activities in a leisurely manner quietly in the room. There is so much to see and do that choosing was not easy. That being said, If you are coming from another country as we are from America, I suggest purchasing the least expensive data package from your wireless because WiFi was readily available every where but not always accessible unless you buy some sort of plan. I assumed WifI was free without a plan and in some rare instances in Europe it is. The concierge was always polite and fun to visit with, very helpful. Staff went above and beyond efforts to make sure our stay was enjoyable. Thank You Thistle for helping us celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary meaningfully.If we are fortunate enough to once again visit the UK we will happily stay once again.

Room Tip: we were on the 6th floor and were undisturbed by normal street noise. Don't be shy about asking...
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to post a detailed review about your recent stay at Thistle Kensington Gardens. Congratulations on your 20th Wedding Anniversary! I am pleased the team at the hotel looked after you both, and you enjoyed your stay and celebrations with us. I am confident that completely free WIFI to all of our guests will be available by the start of 2013. Thanks again for your review and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Best regards. Billy & Team
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

This hotel is perfectly located for Central London with so much reachable via beautiful Hyde Park. My executive room had an enormous bed and view overlooking the park with the park gates literally across the road. I took no public transport during my stay, it was dry weather and I walked everywhere. If I had to mention a couple of small gripes they would be lack of free wifi (why are we so mean in London compared to rest of the world?) and poor lighting and mirrors in the bathroom. We older ladies need bright light and magnifying mirrors to apply our faces! On the plus side, great friendly staff and the Waitrose downstairs was brilliant for late night snacks.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to review Thistle Kensington Gardens. I am delighted you enjoyed you stay with us. I have noted your comments about the lighting in the rooms and will review this. As per some of my previous responses, I am confident that completely free WIFI to all of our guests will be available by the start of 2013. I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Best regards. Billy & Team.
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

we stayed for two nights 22nd september with my brother and his wife, this being our first time in london, the hotel was extremely tastefully designed, and not to mention the staff, i think i can say i have never been treated so well in any other hotel i have stayed in before, especially the bar staff and the staff at breakfast, they all were so helpful and polite and well mannered,one girl in particular, Monika, she was so helpful and nothing at all was a problem,she made us feel very welcome, we also met the manager Billy, who was also very concerning, and took the time out of his busy role to ask if we were all ok, which doesnt happen in many hotels,the room we had overloooked kensington of which we loved, it was very clean, and nothing was too much trouble for a member of staff called Johnny, he was so helpful,oh !! and funny with it too, his humor gave us many laugh's,the hotel is greatly situated with a bus stop and tube station within easy walking distance,also the walk through kensington gardens was lovely, i will definatley stay here again. and one last thing the bed is the comfiest bed i have slept in, it was heaven !!! thank you for a great stay.

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to review Thistle Kensington Gardens. It was great to meet you and your friends, and I am pleased you enjoyed your stay. Thanks again for sharing your feedback and for picking out some of the team that positively impacted your experience with us. I look forward to welcoming you and your friends back soon. Best regards. Billy & Team.
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

We were at the Thistle for a two-night celebration and had our free bus pass to get around London. Better than the tube as we saw so much of the city life. Couldn't find a negative with regard to the hotel. Clean, nice but small room, excellent shower, staff couldn't have been more helpful. Breakfast to last all day, although if I have to say something negative the buffet could have been hotter. But otherwise 4 star plus.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
GMthistle, General Manager at Thistle Kensington Gardens, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to review Thistle Kensington Gardens and for your excellent and helpful comments. I look forward to welcoming you back soon. Best regards. Billy & Team.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

We stayed in the Thistle Kensington Gardens in September 2012. The location was ok, good proximity to tube stations but a little far out if you like to walk places. Convenient supermarket just under the hotel for quick snacks. We stayed in a double room which was rather small although you do expect this in London and the shower was really good especially because it wasn't over a bath. Only downside was the staff and service really. I don't know if they were tired after the Olympics but generally quite unfriendly and unhelpful. I had to ask on 2 separate occasions for another towel as they were only leaving 1 and ringing reception generally took 3 or 4 goes as they never answered. Possibly need to hire a few more people. Overall though it was a good experience, clean and comfortable.

• Stayed September 2012
GMthistle, General Manager at Thistle Kensington Gardens, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to review Thistle Kensington Gardens. Service and hospitality are the key drivers of our business, and I am genuinely sorry you did not receive the usual quality standards of this during your recent stay. I am confident this would not be repeated on a future stay, and I look forward to welcoming you back. Best regards, Billy and Team.

Been to Thistle Kensington Gardens? Share your experiences!