The hotel was clean, great location, Each day we enjoyed Kensington Garden right across the street. staff friendly, accommodating and helpful . We were always warmly greeted. The room was spacious. very nice, pleasant, cozy and well decorated. It was a relaxing welcome after a long long flight. The tub and shower were clean. Plenty of good water pressure. Little shampoo, soap and lotions provided daily. Plenty of hot water. Fresh water bottles in the room both still and sparkling. Maid service came daily. My only real complaint was the lack of a towel rack as a repair had apparently been recently done to the wall but the rack had not yet been replaced but it was a minor inconvenience compared to the great value we were given. The hotel is located over a gas station which was no problem because we enjoyed the money and time saving availability for a quick snack or meal. One suggestion I would like to make is for free WiFi to all guests and unlimited. We were given access cards free of charge but sometimes did not work and were limited which made it difficult to make reservations and plan activities in a leisurely manner quietly in the room. There is so much to see and do that choosing was not easy. That being said, If you are coming from another country as we are from America, I suggest purchasing the least expensive data package from your wireless because WiFi was readily available every where but not always accessible unless you buy some sort of plan. I assumed WifI was free without a plan and in some rare instances in Europe it is. The concierge was always polite and fun to visit with, very helpful. Staff went above and beyond efforts to make sure our stay was enjoyable. Thank You Thistle for helping us celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary meaningfully.If we are fortunate enough to once again visit the UK we will happily stay once again.
- Also Known As:
- Thistle Kensington Gardens London
- Thistle Kensington Gardens Hotel
- Thistle Kensington Gardens London, England
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Newly refurbished modern hotel located on Bayswater Road with the tranquility of Hyde Park and Kensington Gardens opposite, and within walking distance to Paddington, Oxford Street, Kensington, Notting Hill and Edgware Road, the hotel is ideally placed for business or leisure. Good transport links ensure that the city and theatres are also within very easy reach. All Deluxe and Executive bedrooms are located at the front of the hotel and have amazing views over Kensington Gardens and are available at a supplement. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Travelocity, Otel, TripOnline SA and HotelTravel.com so you can book your Thistle Kensington Gardens reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.