“No shower, crappy Internet, terrible place” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
10% Discount
Ranked #287 of 1,066 Hotels in London
Basel, Switzerland
“No shower, crappy Internet, terrible place”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

That was a nightmare. I had no cold water in the room, so could not take a shower. They did not do anything about it, did not offer me another room and charged the full fee. The WiFi Internet does not deserve that name. It basically does not work. The service and attitude of the people in this place is terrible. The rooms are small and have nasty carpets in it. Forget this place!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
TheSloaneSquareHotel, General Manager at Sloane Square Hotel, responded to this review, December 21, 2012
Thank you for taking time to write your review. You obviously did not enjoy your stay with us and I would appreciate if you could contact me on jerome@sloanesquarehotel.co.uk to discuss further your comments. Unfortunately I was unable to find your booking as you use a different profile name for TripAdvisor. Kind regards

Jerome - Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
Barcelona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

I shall stay at the The Sloane Square when I am London, the position is perfect and there are plenty of great places to eat or drink nearby such as The Botanist , Colbert etc. The staff are very welcoming and friendly, rooms are very comfortable although the soft mattress, hoever , a good nights sleep is always had. The restaurant is always busy with a great vibe, the food is excellent and reasonably priced considering you are in the heart of Chelsea, very close to Kings Road.Tube station is a few yards.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Christopher P, Deputy Manager at Sloane Square Hotel, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Dear Jordi,

Thank you for your great review. I have passed your kind words onto our team.

Chris
Antony, France
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

Price are very hight for night. People do not care about client, and service is not a behavior that you will find in this hotel. Their business model is to make money, not to provide service and respect customer. They have also the arrogance to think that we do not understand english whan they speak. I never seen so un respectful answers and speech in an hotel.
If you go for business, please forecast one hour to have a complete breakfast (no one is anticipating end of meals, coffee, juice, and so on). Do not ask a hot plate, because then, you should need all your morning. There is a lot of noise in the morning when they clean rooms. The bed has been designed for small people. If you have a standard height, I hope you will not have your foot frozen.
Definitely, it is the first I do not recommend an hotel, even if environment is very good.

Room Tip: Do not take standard room
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Christopher P, Deputy Manager at Sloane Square Hotel, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
Dear Guest,

I am dissapointed that you did not enjoy your stay. As per my email i would be gratful if you could contact me to discuss the issues further.

Chris
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

we stayed one night at this hotel. It is excellently situated 2 minutes from the tube station. the rooms were fully equiped including fresh coffee machine which was a treat. The restuarant is a Cote brasserie which was excellent value. Staff in the hotel were extremely helpful. Would highly recommend it.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Christopher P, Deputy Manager at Sloane Square Hotel, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Thank you for your kind comments I have passed them onto our team.
Jacksonville, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

I loved the location of this hotel. It was not a touristy area, very nice for walking nearby. It was across from the tube so easy to hop on and get around the city without the expense of cabs. The room was not large but the bed was comfortable and the bathroom was not as tiny as most. The onsite restaurant is good.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Christopher P, Deputy Manager at Sloane Square Hotel, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Dear Beverly,

It was great to read that you enjoyed your stay so much.

Chris - Deputy Manager
vancouver
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

This is my fourth time staying at this hotel and I am still uncertain as to whether I would recommend it to a friend...which says a lot.

The location is the reason for my return but I am not 100% sure that will be enough to draw me back again. The hotel has all the ingredients to greatness but somehow doesnt manage to pull it all together.
We stayed here in early Septmember 2012. When we checked in we were assigned a room that was serviceable, no view over the square, it actually looked out onto a nasty alley, but the bed was comfortable, the room small but clean, the neighborhood ideal. Compared to my previous rooms it was the ugly sister but again as far as the price,location, and overall calibre of the room it was fine.

The main issue was that the toilet did not flush properly. We phoned down to the front desk to alert them to this fact and they said they would send someone up immediately (this took some time and I was not happy with waiting in my room instead of sight seeing!). The service person managed to get it working and stated that we just had to push down on the flush valve better. Well, once he left we continued to have problems but managed. The last thing you want to come back to while on vacation is a hotel toilet that does not work! We left for the day we mentioned the continuing problem and were told by the front desk to rattle the handle when we flush.... problem was solved?? Once we returned we found the toilet had backed up since we had left. Another phone call down suggested that they would find someone to come and fix it again, I suggested they change our room as I was sick of dealing with this issue when I only had 3 days in London. The front desk staff are a varied bunch of personalities that range from somewhat helpful, playful, to downright snotty...this has been a consistent issue with all of my stays. They are not overly helpful, suggestions are few and far between, there are few explanations or good directions given (even for tickets they sell). There is no conceirge anywhere to be found so you can wait for front desk assistance for a while and when you do get it, well they may not be so helpful! They could not direct us to a bank/ money echange besides the one in the square that was outrageously expensive. Nor did they give us proper directions to the red hop on hop off bus after we bought tickets from them. There was one person who was helpful and pleasant to deal with and my thanks go out to him! Valerio you were a pleasure!
The last straw for me was when we were checking out, we had ordered a taxi the night before b/c we were leaving early adn wanted to ensure a timely departure. There was a set rate but the hotel did not alert us to the fact that we would be paying for the taxi on our room bill (this is not the case for any other added services you may purchase). In our haste I paid the bill without noticing or being alerted to the this fact by anyone. Then, I paid the cab driver in cash again once he dropped us off. I phoned the hotel to alert them to the this fact, and how disappointed I was at them for not pointing this matter out but also for employing a service that clearly does not have a good code of ethics for thier employees. I was assured they would look into this matter and refund my credit card immediately.....IT IS NOW NOVEMBER and I am still waiting for my refund. That was THE MOST EXPENSIVE taxi ride EVER! This is a prime example of how the staff just dont seem to care!
The only bright side to the whole stay I must admit was Valerio. He was the most helpful and friendly out of all the staff! The manger and other members of thier team should take a page from his book!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Christopher P, Deputy Manager at Sloane Square Hotel, responded to this review, November 23, 2012
Dear Guest,

I appreciate you taking the time to post a review.

We have attempted to contact you on several occasions to discuss the points you raised and also to resolve the issue with the taxi payments. We are still waiting to hear from you.

I would be grateful if you can contact me at the hotel.

Yours sincerely,

Christopher Pass
Deputy Hotel Manager

Been to Sloane Square Hotel? Share your experiences!