“Vert friendly staff, exceptionally clean” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Marriott London County Hall

You added Marriott London County Hall to your Saves list
Marriott London County Hall
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Westminster Bridge Road | County Hall, London SE1 7PB, England (Southbank)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Free WiFi + Late Checkout
Ranked #242 of 1,049 Hotels in London
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Windermere
“Vert friendly staff, exceptionally clean”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2005

I have just stayed at this hotel for 2 nights. All staff were very helpful and polite. Our room was immaculate and this is the first time I have had a hotel bathroom where the grouting and silicone was not black.

Breakfast very extensive and nothing too much trouble, my poached eggs were cooked to perfection.

The concierge was brilliant and very knowledgable.

The pool was lovely and clean and there was an abundance of towells. I have worked in the leisure industry and the standards here were excellent.

One small niggle. We went to the theatre and were unable to eat before we left so we decided to use room service when we returned to the Hotel as the JApanese restaurant had closed, this is adjoined to the Hotel. The food took 45 mins, the hot food was cold and the bread was stale, even the tea was cold. At a cost of 37.00 we felt a little upset. However, again the staff could not have been more cooperative and when we came to check out the 37.00 had been deducted from our bill. Overall I would still rate this Hotel very highly and would definately stay here again.

• Stayed November 2005

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (430)
  • Polish first
manchester, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2005

I stayed at this hotel with my daughter and her friend for half term this October. We had a special promotional rate on the room, but I would honestly say that it was worth the full price!
The room was spacious with two double beds, the children sharing one. The bathroom was also spacious and the whole room beautifully clean.

We arrived around 3pm and spent an hour in the hotel pool. We then got ready for a night at the theatre. Due to lack of time we ordered room service. When finally the food came, it was very nice; but it took too long and was a little too cool. Only after paying my bill the next morning did I notice the 45 minute delivery promise! I would say that we waited nearly an hour and a half.

Apart from that, the service was excellent and the staff very friendly and helpful.
The location of the hotel is perfect for sightseeing and theatre visits.

I would definitely stay there again - probably next time I go to London!

• Stayed October 2005
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2005

Great views are available, but our view was of the grassy area by the London Eye. Our room was also a VERY long walk from elevator, perhaps the longest walk I've ever had in a hotel, and I've stayed in large hotels before. We found the long walk rather comic because we walk all the time for exercise.

The buffet breakfast may have been the best one we've had in the UK: two kinds of sausage, two kinds of bacon, scrambled eggs or eggs to order, potatoes, mushrooms, tomato, good selection of cold meats, cheese, yogurt, fruit, and cereal. The breakfast area had great views of the Thames. All in all a great way to start the morning

The chocolate on the pillow was pretty tasty. We also scarf up the cookies and drink the tea or hot chocalte ever atfternoon so we appreciated find the room cleaned a second time every night.

The only negative was the heating and cooling, no matter what you did with the thermostat you ended with very cool (we love that for sleeping) or very warm. Whenever we came back to the room it was usually too warm.

Unless you are arriving by train at Waterloo, I suggest always using the Westminster tube stop as opposed to Waterloo. The Marriott entrance is just off the Westminster bridge and of course the walk along the bridge is much more pleasant than the walk to Waterloo.

Do explore the area around hotel for relatively cheap food options. We got a kick out of "Yo Sushi" on the street behind. You sit at a bar and pick sushi off a conveyor belt. If you don't order booze, you can get away with a cheap (relatively), light healthy meal very quickly, rather cheaply and give your inner child a treat with the whole converyor belt business.

The staff was always friendly, helpful, and efficient and there were lots of them. I was starting to get tired of being greeted by a minimum of 6 employees between the door and my room, but I suppose that's better than being scowled at.

We forgot to bring swim suits and work out clothes so I can't report on the pool and spa. They had two heavy terry cloth robes in the room if you need them.

Stayed October 2005
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2005

Three of us visited the County Hall for a total of five days. I have to say this was about the best hotel experience I have had in a long time. From the moment we checked in to the time we left the staff could not have been nicer or more accomadating. I highly recommend this hotel to any traveler wanting a fantastic view and an even better holiday. Thank you to everyone there for making our trip a really memorable one.

Stayed October 2005
Houston
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2005

The Grovesnor Square is a pretty average hotel and, in my opinion, at the bottom of the heap for Marriotts in London. It has just undergone a lobby renovation and has a new restaurant that I have not tried (but book early because it is popular). But the real problem is that the facility is old. That means small, closed-in hallways and a hodge-podge of rooms some of which are very nice and some that are decidedly not! The staff here is not very attentive, the club floor is decidedly average, and the room service is mediocre. The other facilities at the hotel are, again, average.

This is not a bad hotel, it's just, average.

• Stayed July 2005, traveled on business
new jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2005

From the moment we arrived, I knew it was going to be an amazing hotel. We arrived totally exhausted at 9:30 am from an overnight flight. The staff couldn't have been more gracious and accomodating. We needed two rooms because we were travelling with our teenage sons. They quickly upgraded us to two rooms with gorgeous views of the Thames and Big Ben and we were in our rooms in minutes!
I can't say enough about the hotel and its location. The staff in every area is helpful and friendly. They go out of their way to make your trip special. The location is AMAZING! We were in walking distance to so many of the many attractions, while having the Thames right out your door!
The hotel is a great balance of London charm with American amenities. The reason I picked it in the first place was because it had a beautiful pool and workout facility and i knew after a day of sightseeing the kids would appreciate hanging out there.
There is a fabulous little middle eastern restaurant right behind the hotel called Troia. It doesn't look like anything special because it is in a little strip of stores, but it is better than any mediterranean food i have eaten at home. Also, there is a hair salon called The Salon which is a block away that is just like being at home. It is convenient and less expensive than going over to the Bond Street area- particularly if all you want is a wash and blowout! The concierge happily makes the appointments.
We travelled to Paris as well, and it was so convenient to take the Chunnel because the Waterloo station is a few blocks away from the hotel...
Make sure to try the pancake stand right across the westminster bridge. I had heard of it from another tripadvisor review and it was definitely a treat!

• Stayed August 2005
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2005

THis hotel is great, especially if it is your first time to London, because it is close to both the underground and to a lot of major tourist sites. Big Ben and Parliament are just across the bridge, and the London Eye is literally in front of the hotel. We were hoping to find something a little less expensive, but in the end I felt the location justified the price. One slight drawback -- the hotel food is expensive, and there aren't too many moderate places to eat really close by. However, if you don't mind a bit of a walk, about five blocks, there are plenty of places just up the street from the Embankment underground stop. Close to the Eye there are some cafes that serve ice cream and sandwiches, as well as a McDonalds. The hotel staff are helpful and generally knowledgeable, and the rooms are very clean and well maintained. The picture shows the London Eye, and the County Hall Marriott is the building behind it.

Been to Marriott London County Hall? Share your experiences!