I decided to spend 4 nights in London with a couple of friends during the mid-October period, so I booked a waterfront studio at the Marriott County Hall. The property, once home to London's government, features one of the best view in London, from my room's balcony I could admire Westminster Bridge, the Big Ben the Houses of Parliament and the London Eye panoramic wheel. The hotel is convenient to the underground station which is just across Westminster Bridge (5 minutes walk). Staying with 2 other guys in the same room we all found it spacious and comfortable and the second restroom was a blessing while the main one was clean and fresh with both a bathroom and a separate shower.
The hotel is huge so you’d better ask for a room not too far from the elevators if you don’t wanna waste your time strolling around the corridors to get to your room. Because our room was located on the concierge floor, same floor of the swimming pool, the corridor smelled a lot of swimming pool water and disinfectant though the room air was properly conditioned and smell free.
The club lounge definitely isn’t very spacious, the food is average and the staff isn’t very professional but they’re friendly and polite. During my stay the lounge was rarely overcrowded and it was nice to have breakfast or pop there for some appetizers and a quick drink.
Checking out wasn’t smooth as I hoped because they tried to charge me an additional night that we never slept, once I produced my reservation paper (printed from Marriott’s website) they apologized and everything went flawlessly.
My conclusions are the location can’t be beaten; the hotel isn’t cheap so that you expect something more from the staff and/or the property.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott London County Hall Hotel
- Marriott London County Hall Hotel London
- Marriott London
- London Marriott
- Marriott London County Hall England
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Six-story Hotel housed in a traditional building dating from 1922 & retaining original wood paneling & marble fireplaces. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Marriott, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Tingo, getaroom.com, Otel and Venere so you can book your Marriott London County Hall reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.