“Best Stay at a Marriott” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Marriott London County Hall

You added Marriott London County Hall to your Saves list
Marriott London County Hall
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Westminster Bridge Road | County Hall, London SE1 7PB, England (Southbank)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Free WiFi + Late Checkout
Ranked #242 of 1,049 Hotels in London
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Best Stay at a Marriott”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW via mobile

My review is on the staff because they made our entire trip. When we landed in London we got trapped in the hotel because the London marathon was going on. I am really glad we did. We ended up at Gillray's. Juraj taught us about gins. As someone who does not drink gin at all I was skeptical but when in London...... He made us some of the best drinks I have ever had. They gave us ideas of where to go everyday and we ended ever night with Juraj, Lisa, Ruxandra, Leo and Sam. They made our stay feel like we were family and not a bunch of crazy tourists. No matter what you like or don't like they will make you something you will love. If you don't stop by here you will miss out on an amazing treat.

Stayed April 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (430)
  • Polish first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Prior to my visit, I had issues with them answering e-mails asking about some room specifics. I reached out to their facebook and ultimately the corporate help desk before finally getting an answer stating that they received my e-mail, forwarded it, and never sent a response. The stay at the hotel was uneventful until check out when I paid for my room. They swiped my card, said their system crashed and they were unable to provide me a receipt. I checked my bank right there and saw the charges pending to know they went through. The front desk assured me that the charges went through and the hotel would sort it out.

Fast forward A MONTH later. The hotel night admin starts sending me e-mails saying that I owe them money. They send me a bill with an extra night as well as airport transport and dining. I replied that I prepaid the room online and didn't stay any extra nights. They sent me a new amended bill that took the extra night off. Now they expect me to go through my historical credit charges and sort things out when the desk assured me it was taken care of. The point of sale system crashed. I get it and it is difficult for them to track the money. That is something they need to work out with their point of sale system rather than sending e-mails to guests a month later.

The latest message threatened to charge my card on file again. Why are they still holding my credit card information after I left?

To the hotel. Work it out with your point of sale system and leave your guests alone. We pay way too much to let you take care of those details.

Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Teddi J, Senior Guest Relations Manager at Marriott London County Hall, responded to this review, yesterday
Dear Mr Day

As per my e-mail to you yesterday, please accept our profound apologies for any miscommunication prior to check-out and any inconvenience caused regarding payment for your incidentals.

We thank you for your valued patronage and look forward to hearing from you.

With kind regards

Teddi Jackson
Senior Guest Relations Manager
UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

The hotel is in a very good position with excellent views, staff very polite and formal (probably as it should be). I didn't try the food as on bed only basis and lots of places close by for breakfast, dinner, etc.

Room Tip: River view.
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Manchester
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Champagne Afternoon Tea
In the library in the old County Hall. Original Oak paneling and books in place. Good ambience. Overlooking the Thames. White tablecloths and silver service. Sandwiches, scones etc with jam & clotted cream, delicate cakes, choice of (loose) tea served through a strainer or coffee as preferred, unlimited bubbly and EXCELLENT service.....the staff could not have been more helpful. We were not rushed out and in fact spent several hours there.
In short, a memorable very British experience well worth the cost.

VT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This hotel is one of the few 5 star European hotels that is truly a 5 star! The hotel is in a fantastic location with wonderfully helpful staff! Upon arrival I was welcomed with warmth and kindness, then shown to my room. My room was excellent! Clean with the most amazing view of both the London Eye and Big Ben! The suite was stunning and huge. During my reservation process I had had some difficulties, however after getting in touch with guest relations manager Mr. Alexis Bertran all my issues were totally resolved. He was so helpful and kind there are not enough words to express my thanks! The staff here goes out of their was to make you feel welcomed and at home. anything you need will be taken care of. You cannot go wrong with this hotel

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Bethel, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Just spent 7 nights and 8 days (April 17th thru April 24th 2015) at this hotel. Great location with beautiful views. The staff was so friendly and helpful. My husband and I especially enjoyed our time at Gillray's Bar. Juraj, Lisa and Ruxandra were so nice. Juraj makes a great Gin Manhattan. Sam told my husband about a great cigar shop. Everyone went out of their way to make our trip awesome. A great hotel is nothing without a great concierge and this hotel has a great concierge staff. A special thank you to Arron who answered my numerous questions and booked numerous reservations for us. Highly recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: river view is beautiful
West Midlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Stayed for one night with two children on London Marathon weekend - soooo busy everywhere! But the hotel felt quiet and peaceful. Our partial river view room on the third floor had no noise - we could see the London eye, South Bank and part of the river from the room. The room we had booked (two double bedded room) was not available which was disappointing but the gentleman on check in said the sofa bed was plenty big enough for two...well really it wasn't and the mattress on it was awful - could feel the springs through it :( One child had the sofa bed and me and another shared the king sized bed round the corner. The room was large, biggest we've had in London, spacious bathroom too with lovely toiletries. tea tray - no tea! What's that all about? Only coffee on it and some horrid UHT milk - would have been nice for there to be fresh milk in minibar fridge. Asked at reception for some camomile tea for me and some hot choc for the kids - came back and found normal tea and a pile of actual chocolates! Very nice, but no use for drinking. Turns out they don't have hot choc in sachets for the rooms (really???). Finally got some camomile and peppermint tea after asking again. Overall a pleasant stay - amazing location, good sized rooms with space to move with kids, quiet, friendly and helpful staff.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family

Been to Marriott London County Hall? Share your experiences!