We stayed here for 2 nights in late July. I had booked the hotel via Priceline in a bid and got it for around £100 a night for a Friday and Saturday in a 5 star hotel. The winning feature of this hotel is the location - it is right on the Thames, across from Westminster and also near to Waterloo train/underground. It is a perfect venue for sightseeing in London with much in walking distance - people forget just how walkable London is and you see so much more than commuting underground.
The hotel entrance and seating area is very nice. Check-in was a bit slow with only one person on. However, she tried her best to get through us as quickly as possible. Our room was on the 5th floor overlooking the Jubilee Gardens and the room was very comfortable and spacious. We had a huge kingsize bed and 2 comfy chairs. The room and the bathroom was very clean and the furnishings were of a high quality. The bed was very comfortable and there was no noise from outside the hotel.
We spent quite a lot of time at the end of the day and before we went to bed at night in the bar. The drinks are fairly expensive but this is what we expect from London. We ate from the Supper Menu on one of the nights which was great because we could mix and match traditional English plates of food in snack sizes.
All staff were generally cheerful, helpful and helpful.
All in all, a good quality hotel in a great location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stylish, historic Hotel located on the banks of the River Thames with some of the most iconic views of London to include the London Eye, Houses of Parliament and Big Ben. Originally housing the London County Council: it opened in 1998 as the London Marriott Hotel County Hall. The Hotel comprises of 200 Rooms: many with River Views, 11 Meeting Rooms, 25m Swimming Pool & the County Hall Gym. Gillray's Steakhouse & Bar and The Library Lounge serving delicious Afternoon Tea. We can cater for private events/catering with views to match. The Marriott Hotel County Hall provides a location to suit everyone. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Marriott, Tingo, TripOnline SA, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Priceline, Otel and Venere so you can book your Marriott London County Hall reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott London County Hall Hotel London
- London Marriott
- Marriott London County Hall England