“Pretentious” 3 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Pretentious”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

Over- priced, Over - hyped, and over here. Kept awake all night with the sound of the lift. The room we had sported all sort of communication devices, but kettle was there none. Breakfast mediocre for a Hilton. Lessons could be learned from Gatwick Hilton. ( Superb.) Sonny and Cher had issues with this place in the 60's. Nothing has changed.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (498)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for 3 nights in September. First of all the desk staff was terrific. We were fortunate to be greeted by a young Brit named Christian who was superior at his job. He really enjoyed talking about the hotel and the surrounding area (Mayfair and Shepherds Market). We had a room on the 22nd floor from which we could see: Buckingham Palace, Hyde Park, the London Eye, Big Ben, Westminster Abbey, the Shard, etc.). It is also very convenient to either the Green Park or Hyde Park Corner tube stations. The room was scrupulously maintained and our breakfast arrived right on time. The entire staff was very professional and cordial. We will return the next time we are in London. The icing on the cake was that we paid for it with Hilton Honors points (free!!!).

Room Tip: Get the highest floor you can to enjoy the views. They trweat Hilton Honors members very well,
brighton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

Can't thank the staff here enough. after an awful stay in brighton, they have restored my faith in Hilton. I wouldn't think twice to stay here again. The room was amazing and i have never had a view like it in my life.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013 via mobile

Having stayed in several Hiltons aroynd the world, I was actually excited to stay in the London location.

First thing, i was placed in a smoking floor, where i was assured by the reception staff that the room would be smoke free - it's not.

Secondly, please take a look at the bathroom!!!!!! Is this a 5 star hotel?? Am I really paying £371 per night??!?!!

Lastly, I felt completely discriminated by the male staff that checked me in. It's incredible that in this day and age, a young single woman can't check-in at a nice hotel without getting weird looks... Not that I'd need to explain, but I was meeting my partner who has recently been relocated to Brazil. I arrived at the hotel 2 hours before him and was made to feel very uncomfortable.

Thanks but no thanks, Hilton. Currently in the room while my partner is at the front desk trying to move us to a non-smoking shower-having room. I'd prefer moving hotels though.

• Stayed September 2013
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

Set in front of Hyde Park, it was beautiful waking up in the morning and walking through the park. The convenience of having Trader Vics downstairs and Nobu next door was also a reason for choosing this hotel. Location aside, the hotel was great, provided all the necessities with friendly staff. I would definitely recommend staying here. The only downfall was that there was no free wi-fi in the rooms, and the rooms were a bit small. I was staying alone for business so the room size was not an issue, but I would image it could get cramped had it been a two person visit.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Lancashire
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

Ideally situated for walks in Hyde Park and within walking distance of Buckingham Palace, Westminster, South Bank, Regent Street and Kensington High Street – we thought that this would be the ideal hotel for our 4 night stay in London.

However, we were surprised by the incompetence of the reception staff in this supposedly 5 star hotel which resulted in a total mix up/double allocation of rooms to us and another guest.

In addition to the inconvenience of numerous trips to reception in an attempt to rectify the situation, I am seriously concerned that I was asked to pack items of clothing belonging to another guest into her bag which was then collected by a member of staff (we had found both clothing and bag in our room) – I certainly would not like to think that a total stranger had been given the opportunity to go through my belongings.

Even more concerning is that we were told that we had been reallocated to another room which turned out to be occupied by the lady whose clothes we had previously packed. We were given the key to that room and would have walked in on the lady had she not had the sense to latch/lock it from inside.

The whole episode could be described as farcical if it were not for the serious security issues raised, especially as this lady was travelling alone.

The receptionist who finally sorted out the ‘practicalities’ advised that we would receive an apology but this had not been received by the time we checked out 4 days later. During check out we mentioned the issue again, we were asked to confirm our email address and were told that management would be in touch …. 9 days have passed and we still have not received any correspondence or an apology from the hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Hilton_ParkLane, Guest Services Manager at London Hilton on Park Lane, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Dear peanut0904,

Thank you very much for your recent stay and review.

First and foremost, I must sincerely apologise for the incident that you have described.

I have investigated with the Front of House team, and as this is absolutely not to the usual quality of service that we provide at the London Hilton on Park Lane, I have been able to ascertain the situation that you are referring to, and all relevant information including your contact details.

I shall be writing to you as a matter of priority to further discuss this matter.

Thank you very much for your patience in this regard, and you shall be receiving my further correspondence to your e-mail address as a matter of urgent priority.

Yours sincerely,

David Gerrard
Guest Services Manager
London Hilton on Park Lane
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

I bought this special type of afternoon tea from Groupon and it was a fantastic deal. The experience was held in the Podium restaurant just inside the hotel and the staff were lovely.

Being that it was a chocoholic afternoon tea I was aware that it would be very different than the usual experience. The chocolates, cakes, scones and pastries were lovely to look at and very filling however I felt that the sandwiches were quite small and after a few chocolates I started to feel very sickly. As such, we couldn't finish off the treats but we did ask for a box to take them away, to which the staff were happy to provide.

I think the experience could benefit from having slightly less sweet things and a few more sandwiches just so you can really enjoy the chocolates and cakes without feeling like you have OD'd on sugar.

This is definitely a lovely gift and a well worth experience however!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Been to London Hilton on Park Lane? Share your experiences!