“great but not quiet” 3 of 5 stars
Review of London Hilton on Park Lane

Save Saved
You added London Hilton on Park Lane to your Saves list
London Hilton on Park Lane
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   22 Park Lane, London W1K 1BE, England (Mayfair / St James's / Piccadilly / Green Park )   |
Special Offer
Save up to 20% off
Ranked #201 of 1,075 hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
Vincennes, France
“great but not quiet”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

Large room, very nice view but not quiet on the park unless sunday night. The bed is very big, and bathroom is large, accomodities are very good. Service is correct. I recommend to go to Trader Vic(nice bar but expensive).

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo

1,136 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (365)
  • Greek first
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013 via mobile

I have been to London a couple of times primarily because I was a student at Oxford and I always wanted to stay at Hilton Park Lane because of its excellent location. Finally this May I went for a 3 day holiday with my mother and finally got a chance to stay here!
The rate per night was 359 GBP but I thought it would be worth it. When I reached the hotel after a 8 hour long flight from Dubai, completing immigration at London Heathrow and taking a taxi,fighting early morning office hours there was no one at the reception! After that a person came and gave me the keys to my room ( thank god the room was ready because I checked in around 9:30 am ) I was given room number 1710, when I reached the floor and opened the room with the key provided by the gentleman imagine someone else was already inside the room!!! They gave me a room which was already occupied by some other guests! Imagine the horror! I had to go down again to the lobby and explain the situation behind the reception to which he insisted that was the "housekeeper" anyway he did realise his mistake and "upgraded" my room to 24th floor! Well it was a small room and even smaller balcony which was locked for security purpose all the time! The room was kind of in a corner and I would not recommend this room for anyone who has claustrophobia. The Internet for 24hours is 20GBP!! They charged me 60 GBP for 3 days where as wifi is offered as a free service in most of the hotels.
All in all apart from the location this hotel has nothing new or great to offer. The staff is friendly but professional,but the pathetic mix up during check in was a terrible let down for me.
I don't think I will be staying here again.

• Stayed May 2013
Vancouver,BC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

We went to this hotel because of a special offer from our credit card company. We didn't have huge expectations - it's a monolithic steel and glass tower. Once inside the door however everything was wonderful. The service at check-in was kind and friendly. We were upgraded to a room with an amazing view of Big Ben and The Eye. The room furnishings were luxurious and the bed was very comfortable. The hotel is across the street from Hyde Park and so off went we went on an epic walking tour through the park, down past the parliament building, along the Thames and up through Covent Gardens. The complimentary breakfast the next morning was a class act with a variety of deliciacies - lots of hearty and health-conscious choices.

Room Tip: We had a stunning view. Not sure if they have any bad view but just ask!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Belfast, Northern Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

I booked this hotel to clebrate our 25th wedding anniversary. Mr David Gerrard the Guest Relations Manager was most helpful with our booking and responded promptly and in detail to any questions I asked by email whilst making the booking.

Check in was quick and friendly and we were given an upgrade to an executive room on the 19th floor with a fantastic view over Mayfair towards the London Eye, Big Ben and the Shard. I had researced other similar hotels in the area and found the Hilton to be far and away the best value for this type of hotel. The room was spacious, clean and modern and nicely furnished and looks exactly like the photo shown on Trip Advisor. The bathroom was lovely with a shower and a bath. We also had bathrobes, slippers, safe, coffee making facilities. There was also a mini bar (unused) but prices are very high indeed. There is no free WiFi in the room. Nearly all rooms in this hotel have a connecting door to the adjoining room which I found to be very unusual but I was aware of this in advance. We did not detect any noise from the room adjoining our own.

When we returned to the room in the evening the bed had been turned down and a selection of fruit and pastries had been left for us with a welcoming note from the General Manager.

My wife was unfortunately disturbed during the night by loud talking and laughing coming from the inconsiderate guests in the room directly above us which continued until about 5.30am. We mentioned this to reception the following morning and the staff seemed most genuinely concerned. This was followed up by a letter from the duty manager and later on a phone call. The noise did not occur the second night so it seems they did take our issue seriously and do their best to remedy it. This was the only problem or concern during an otherwise excellent stay.

Breakfast was standard Hilton, very good selection of hot and cold food.

Some oither reviewers have mentioned problems with the lifts in this hotel. We found the lifts to work very well at all times and never to be crowded.

The staff we met were all friendly and helpful, especially the doorman. The hotel is beautifully furnished and spacious. I think it will be hard to find a better hotel of this quality on Park Lane/ Mayfair at these prices. For best rates choose Advance Purchase on Hilton's website.

Special thanks to David Gerrard for his help with our booking, we would return.

Room Tip: Worth getting an executive room on a high floor
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

This is an ugly building from the outside, but the location and views from the rooms over London and Hyde Park make up for it. The rooms are spacious (we had a deluxe room) and well equipped, with good modern bathrooms, as you would expect. The reception staff were pleasant, cheerful and helpful. I have marked the hotel down as I found the communal areas (bars, lounges) lacked atmosphere, the alarm on the TV had not been cleared from the previous occupant and woke us up far too early, and the buffet breakfast hot food was tepid/cold.
It is worth exploting the area immediately behind the hotel, there are some really nice pubs, cafes and restaurant all within 5 minutes walk.
Tube stations are 5 mins away with all the usual links across London, and of course, Hyde Park is only across the road.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a high floor to make the best of the views
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
VANCOUVER
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

Ever since my first trip to London when I was only 10 years old, I have wanted to stay at The London Hilton. Well I finally made it and I was most impressed, in fact I would stay there again, no question. Beyond the Hilton mystique , this hotel has it all , location second to none , views to die for, professional management and staff , great food, great sleeps ,literally what more needs to be said. The Executive Lounge on the second floor with a view of Park Lane and Hyde Park has truly wonderful food displays presented throughout the day, Tea time being the most memorable. Probably wise to find out what the schedule is and try and beat the crowds. Great hotel stay and a definate jewel in the Hilton Crown.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Newcastle, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

Arrived early after long flight and were given our room immediately. It was a lovely room.. good size, modern and clean. The view of London was wonderful and even better at night. The food in the restaurant was reasonable and you could have an a la cart breakfast if you didn't want to pay for the buffet. The location is also excellent and central to everything. Would highly recommend.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to London Hilton on Park Lane? Share your experiences!